A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Pel Pals Signup

1  2  3  22  23  24  25 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 14, 2014

“Pel Pals” is a pen pal program for speakers of the dragon language. The goal is to get people who are learning the language active and practicing with each other in the form of written letters! Interested? Sign up below or contact someone on the waiting list by private message.

Before signing up, take a look at the waiting list and see if there’s someone there who matches your preferences. If so, give them a shout.

To sign up, post below that you are seeking a Pel Pal and you will be added to the waiting list. You should only sign up for the waiting list if there is no one currently on the list who you could partner with. Message people on the waiting list before signing up to the list yourself. If you’d like you can list some preferences. These might include:

• Alphabet (writing with or without dragon runes)
  • Handwritten or Typed
  • Canon or Expanded (using the canon language only or the expanded dictionary)
  • Country (if you’d only like to pair up with someone in your own country)
  • Personal or Roleplay (writing about yourself, versus roleplaying a character or a scenario)
  • Other (specify if you have any other preferences)

You don’t need to list any of the above but it’ll help you find a Pel Pal with similar preferences. If you want to do a roleplay, having a roleplay scenario in mind can be helpful but also be open for other ideas; your Pel Pal may have a few of their own!

If you are on the waiting list and have found a Pel Pal, let us know here so we can remove you from the list. You can always sign up again if you want multiple Pel Pals or a new Pel Pal.

If you've signed up but haven't been set up with a Pel Pal after a while, take a look at the waiting list again and see if there's a likewise partnerless pal you can message.

Once you’ve found a Pel Pal, you can share your mailing address via private message. Don’t post your mailing address in this thread. You can both send letters simultaneously or agree on who will send the first letter.

Most of all, have fun! If it's okay with you and your Pel Pal, take a picture of a letter you’ve received and share it below!

Waiting List

• Lok Diiv. Handwritten, no runes, expanded dictionary, personal, willing to help with vocabulary.
  • Ejobes20. Method of writting doesn't matter but will type in return, mostly canon but can use expanded words as long they're marked/have a symbol next to them.
  • Odgrohiikah. No preferences.
  • Volburkiin. No runes, personal.
  • ASTORKiT. Prefer no runes but will make the effort if you write in runes, expanded dictionary, from UK but no preference on location, personal or roleplay.
  • Alduin the World Eater. No runes, will type but handwriting is okay, expanded dictionary, US or UK, roleplay or mixed with a bit of personal.
  • Kroniid. Prefer handwriting but can be typed, France or Europe.
  • MonaOakenshield. No runes, handwriting, expanded dictionary, no country preference but from Germany.
  • Murderfish3. No runes, by email, US or English-speaking.
  • Dragon master.
  • arrowintheknee. Typed.
  • tozein. No runes, by email, personal.
  • AkilaDelpanther. No runes, personal, UK.
  • TheFemaleCharlie. Runes, expanded dictionary.
  • Slaiddova.
  • ah.
  • Greenokido. Runes preferred, location doesn't matter but from US, personal preferred but roleplay is also fine, handwritten.
  • deorlingdraegunn. No runes, full dictionary, no roleplay, no preferred country.
  • Sostuz Peliik.
  • Lokzii. No runes, by email, expanded dictionary, US, UK, or Canada.
  • Golzdeinmaar. No runes, by mail, English-speaking.
  • Gingo.
  • TRBagon. No runes, types, expanded dictionary, roleplay.
  • zahkrii. Handwritten, runes, canon or expanded, roleplay or personal.
  • Melior. No runes, typed/by email, expanded dictionary, from Israel.
  • michaela de werewolf.
  • Aaliizah. By email, from US but no country preference, personal, no translator!
  • MHopper. Personal, from US but no country preference.
  • Rovaniik. No runes, by email, expanded dictionary, from UK but no country preference.
  • Master Morokai. Expanded dictionary, US.
  • Athtar. No runes, expanded dictionary, start over email then possibly move to letters, 18+ preferred.
  • alduinworshiper. No runes, preferably English-speaking, roleplay and maybe some personal.
  • bronkirby. No runes, will type, preferably from US. expanded or canon.
  • satdeshret. Expanded dictionary, personal.
  • haruglory64. Expanded, personal.
  • Kaazloz. Mainly no runes but can use them sometimes, handwritten, expanded dictionary, from Germany or anywhere English-speaking.
  • Arlile. Canon, personal.
  • Alrahaak. Runes, expanded dictionary, worldwide, personal or roleplay.
  • Sosurikrath. Runes or transliteration, expanded dictionary, typed via email, personal.
  • dilaag. Personal, email.
  • DremFahdon. Handwritten, Canon or expanded, personal.
  • Kahdremonik. Runes, expanded dictionary, handwritten, preferably US.
  • RedEyesBDovah. By email, no runes, expanded dictionary, from US.
  • shout203.
  • Faal Skein Gutinok. No runes, email, expanded dictionary, personal, looking for someone who's also new to the language.
  • annaboat11. Prefer runes, prefer handwritten, expanded dictionary, prefer US or English-speaking, personal.
by paarthurnax
May 14, 2014

“Pel Pals” is a pen pal program for speakers of the dragon language. The goal is to get people who are learning the language active and practicing with each other in the form of written letters! Interested? Sign up below or contact someone on the waiting list by private message.

Before signing up, take a look at the waiting list and see if there’s someone there who matches your preferences. If so, give them a shout.

To sign up, post below that you are seeking a Pel Pal and you will be added to the waiting list. You should only sign up for the waiting list if there is no one currently on the list who you could partner with. Message people on the waiting list before signing up to the list yourself. If you’d like you can list some preferences. These might include:

• Alphabet (writing with or without dragon runes)
  • Handwritten or Typed
  • Canon or Expanded (using the canon language only or the expanded dictionary)
  • Country (if you’d only like to pair up with someone in your own country)
  • Personal or Roleplay (writing about yourself, versus roleplaying a character or a scenario)
  • Other (specify if you have any other preferences)

You don’t need to list any of the above but it’ll help you find a Pel Pal with similar preferences. If you want to do a roleplay, having a roleplay scenario in mind can be helpful but also be open for other ideas; your Pel Pal may have a few of their own!

If you are on the waiting list and have found a Pel Pal, let us know here so we can remove you from the list. You can always sign up again if you want multiple Pel Pals or a new Pel Pal.

If you've signed up but haven't been set up with a Pel Pal after a while, take a look at the waiting list again and see if there's a likewise partnerless pal you can message.

Once you’ve found a Pel Pal, you can share your mailing address via private message. Don’t post your mailing address in this thread. You can both send letters simultaneously or agree on who will send the first letter.

Most of all, have fun! If it's okay with you and your Pel Pal, take a picture of a letter you’ve received and share it below!

Waiting List

• Lok Diiv. Handwritten, no runes, expanded dictionary, personal, willing to help with vocabulary.
  • Ejobes20. Method of writting doesn't matter but will type in return, mostly canon but can use expanded words as long they're marked/have a symbol next to them.
  • Odgrohiikah. No preferences.
  • Volburkiin. No runes, personal.
  • ASTORKiT. Prefer no runes but will make the effort if you write in runes, expanded dictionary, from UK but no preference on location, personal or roleplay.
  • Alduin the World Eater. No runes, will type but handwriting is okay, expanded dictionary, US or UK, roleplay or mixed with a bit of personal.
  • Kroniid. Prefer handwriting but can be typed, France or Europe.
  • MonaOakenshield. No runes, handwriting, expanded dictionary, no country preference but from Germany.
  • Murderfish3. No runes, by email, US or English-speaking.
  • Dragon master.
  • arrowintheknee. Typed.
  • tozein. No runes, by email, personal.
  • AkilaDelpanther. No runes, personal, UK.
  • TheFemaleCharlie. Runes, expanded dictionary.
  • Slaiddova.
  • ah.
  • Greenokido. Runes preferred, location doesn't matter but from US, personal preferred but roleplay is also fine, handwritten.
  • deorlingdraegunn. No runes, full dictionary, no roleplay, no preferred country.
  • Sostuz Peliik.
  • Lokzii. No runes, by email, expanded dictionary, US, UK, or Canada.
  • Golzdeinmaar. No runes, by mail, English-speaking.
  • Gingo.
  • TRBagon. No runes, types, expanded dictionary, roleplay.
  • zahkrii. Handwritten, runes, canon or expanded, roleplay or personal.
  • Melior. No runes, typed/by email, expanded dictionary, from Israel.
  • michaela de werewolf.
  • Aaliizah. By email, from US but no country preference, personal, no translator!
  • MHopper. Personal, from US but no country preference.
  • Rovaniik. No runes, by email, expanded dictionary, from UK but no country preference.
  • Master Morokai. Expanded dictionary, US.
  • Athtar. No runes, expanded dictionary, start over email then possibly move to letters, 18+ preferred.
  • alduinworshiper. No runes, preferably English-speaking, roleplay and maybe some personal.
  • bronkirby. No runes, will type, preferably from US. expanded or canon.
  • satdeshret. Expanded dictionary, personal.
  • haruglory64. Expanded, personal.
  • Kaazloz. Mainly no runes but can use them sometimes, handwritten, expanded dictionary, from Germany or anywhere English-speaking.
  • Arlile. Canon, personal.
  • Alrahaak. Runes, expanded dictionary, worldwide, personal or roleplay.
  • Sosurikrath. Runes or transliteration, expanded dictionary, typed via email, personal.
  • dilaag. Personal, email.
  • DremFahdon. Handwritten, Canon or expanded, personal.
  • Kahdremonik. Runes, expanded dictionary, handwritten, preferably US.
  • RedEyesBDovah. By email, no runes, expanded dictionary, from US.
  • shout203.
  • Faal Skein Gutinok. No runes, email, expanded dictionary, personal, looking for someone who's also new to the language.
  • annaboat11. Prefer runes, prefer handwritten, expanded dictionary, prefer US or English-speaking, personal.

otakufreak40
May 14, 2014

THIS is a cool idea. I'll need to think about it, though.

by otakufreak40
May 14, 2014

THIS is a cool idea. I'll need to think about it, though.

Lok Diiv
May 14, 2014

Nice! Sign me up! Though I'll need a partner by next week if they wanna start by August.... I have to give up my (nearly) only connection to the Internet next week. Anyway, onto my preferences:

writing without runes

can be expanded

any country

personal

and willing to help with vocabulary.  Say this due to the lack of Internet access I will have until I can afford a computer of my own.

by Lok Diiv
May 14, 2014

Nice! Sign me up! Though I'll need a partner by next week if they wanna start by August.... I have to give up my (nearly) only connection to the Internet next week. Anyway, onto my preferences:

writing without runes

can be expanded

any country

personal

and willing to help with vocabulary.  Say this due to the lack of Internet access I will have until I can afford a computer of my own.

Ejobes20
May 14, 2014

Sign me up as well. I'd like the letter to be personal, the method of writing to me doesn't matter but i will type in return because my standard handwriting already looks like runes lol. i don't mind what country it comes from but i'd like to be able to not have to translate twice. i'd prefer it to be canon mostly but you can use the expanded just make sure to leave like a symbol by the expanded words. Can't wait for this!

by Ejobes20
May 14, 2014

Sign me up as well. I'd like the letter to be personal, the method of writing to me doesn't matter but i will type in return because my standard handwriting already looks like runes lol. i don't mind what country it comes from but i'd like to be able to not have to translate twice. i'd prefer it to be canon mostly but you can use the expanded just make sure to leave like a symbol by the expanded words. Can't wait for this!

Odgrohiikah
May 14, 2014

Sign me in! I'd be open to write a bout different matters, I'm used to write in romanic characters that's why I'm seeking to master the dragon alphabet. 

I don't really mind what country. 

I'm really open for all the preferences, I just want to get as much practice as I can.

by Odgrohiikah
May 14, 2014

Sign me in! I'd be open to write a bout different matters, I'm used to write in romanic characters that's why I'm seeking to master the dragon alphabet. 

I don't really mind what country. 

I'm really open for all the preferences, I just want to get as much practice as I can.

Volburkiin
May 14, 2014

I"m down. I may not know a lot, but it will help me to learn the language and how to speak/write it. I would prefer personal and romanized dovazul.

by Volburkiin
May 14, 2014

I"m down. I may not know a lot, but it will help me to learn the language and how to speak/write it. I would prefer personal and romanized dovazul.

Tiidvahlok
May 14, 2014

Nice idea!

by Tiidvahlok
May 14, 2014

Nice idea!

Dragon master
May 15, 2014

very cool....I love it

by Dragon master
May 15, 2014

very cool....I love it

pokiemoon
May 15, 2014

sign me up to because I really want to get active with this language. I will however need a already good speaker because grammar rules and I am terrible so I will need someone who can point my mistakes out.

for my other preferences: I don't really care if it is in runes or not however I do want it on email(otherways my handwriting is not readable)

I'm not into roleplay

I think you should use the extended vocabulary but cannon on preference.

by pokiemoon
May 15, 2014

sign me up to because I really want to get active with this language. I will however need a already good speaker because grammar rules and I am terrible so I will need someone who can point my mistakes out.

for my other preferences: I don't really care if it is in runes or not however I do want it on email(otherways my handwriting is not readable)

I'm not into roleplay

I think you should use the extended vocabulary but cannon on preference.

Mirkrilaar
May 15, 2014

Unslaad nox. This is the greatest! I'm in. I'm not really looking for any preferences what so ever. Just a person to tinvaak with. You can use any amount of dovahzul, or runes, or just plain English. It doesn't matter to me. Id prefer typed, but if you don't have access to a printer, that's fine.

by Mirkrilaar
May 15, 2014

Unslaad nox. This is the greatest! I'm in. I'm not really looking for any preferences what so ever. Just a person to tinvaak with. You can use any amount of dovahzul, or runes, or just plain English. It doesn't matter to me. Id prefer typed, but if you don't have access to a printer, that's fine.

ASTORKiT
May 15, 2014

Wow, this looks awesome! We've thought about this for a long long time now, and I'm so glad I'm finally able to jump in on this.

• Alphabet: I prefer romanized as I have a certain degree of visual issues, but if you want to write in runes, I'll make the effort!
  • Handwritten or Typed: As long as your writing is legible, I'll happily write you a hand written letter in return, but typed are good too!
  • Canon or Expanded (using the canon language only or the expanded dictionary): I came here with the hope of expanding the language, so I'll be using the full expanded dictionary!
  • Country (if you’d only like to pair up with someone in your own country): International mail is the most fun in my eyes, but I'll happily pair up with someone in the UK if there are any.
  • Personal or Roleplay (writing about yourself, versus roleplaying a character or a scenario): I prefer personal, but if you want to roleplay I'm open for that!
  • Other (specify if you have any other preferences): Noooope. Go for it!
by ASTORKiT
May 15, 2014

Wow, this looks awesome! We've thought about this for a long long time now, and I'm so glad I'm finally able to jump in on this.

• Alphabet: I prefer romanized as I have a certain degree of visual issues, but if you want to write in runes, I'll make the effort!
  • Handwritten or Typed: As long as your writing is legible, I'll happily write you a hand written letter in return, but typed are good too!
  • Canon or Expanded (using the canon language only or the expanded dictionary): I came here with the hope of expanding the language, so I'll be using the full expanded dictionary!
  • Country (if you’d only like to pair up with someone in your own country): International mail is the most fun in my eyes, but I'll happily pair up with someone in the UK if there are any.
  • Personal or Roleplay (writing about yourself, versus roleplaying a character or a scenario): I prefer personal, but if you want to roleplay I'm open for that!
  • Other (specify if you have any other preferences): Noooope. Go for it!

DovahKaaz
May 15, 2014

I'll try, as long as everyone's nice.

Alphabet: no preferences, but be aware that my rune drawing may be a little disshelved looking.

Handwriting or typed: again, no preferences, but either way, I'm most likely sending my letter written.

Canon or expanded: Expanded. Kinda hard to talk with a limited dictionary.

I'll take anyone from any country, but I'm in America if you'd prefer quickness.

Personal or roleplay: Let's start off somewhat personal, and once we exhaust that resource of stuff we can talk about to strangers or whatever, roleplay.

Other: None.

by DovahKaaz
May 15, 2014

I'll try, as long as everyone's nice.

Alphabet: no preferences, but be aware that my rune drawing may be a little disshelved looking.

Handwriting or typed: again, no preferences, but either way, I'm most likely sending my letter written.

Canon or expanded: Expanded. Kinda hard to talk with a limited dictionary.

I'll take anyone from any country, but I'm in America if you'd prefer quickness.

Personal or roleplay: Let's start off somewhat personal, and once we exhaust that resource of stuff we can talk about to strangers or whatever, roleplay.

Other: None.

Alduin The World Eater
May 15, 2014

I'll do it!

Alphabet: No runes because I'm still learning.

handwriting or typed: I myself am doing this typed but you can handwrite if you want

anon or expanded: Expanded

I'd prefer America or Britain

I'd rather a roleplay but if you want we can do a little personal

other: none

by Alduin The World Eater
May 15, 2014

I'll do it!

Alphabet: No runes because I'm still learning.

handwriting or typed: I myself am doing this typed but you can handwrite if you want

anon or expanded: Expanded

I'd prefer America or Britain

I'd rather a roleplay but if you want we can do a little personal

other: none

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 15, 2014

For those who've signed up so far, thanks for participating! Take a look at the current waiting list, and if there's anyone there you'd like to partner with, send them a message.

by paarthurnax
May 15, 2014

For those who've signed up so far, thanks for participating! Take a look at the current waiting list, and if there's anyone there you'd like to partner with, send them a message.

Kroniid
May 15, 2014

Waw, I love this idea, I will try. What about my preferences... I don't really have... -Alphabet : I prefer writing in roman alphabet but why not try to use some runes? Maybe for a few sentences... or why not the full letter if you want? It's not a problem for me, it may be fun! So, it doesn't matter for me (: -Handwritten or Typed : I prefer handwriting but if you want we can type it. Same as before, I don't care ^^ -Canon or Expanded : The both ! -Country : France or Europe plz c: -Personal or Roleplay : It doesn't matter! -Others : Noooope.

by Kroniid
May 15, 2014

Waw, I love this idea, I will try. What about my preferences... I don't really have... -Alphabet : I prefer writing in roman alphabet but why not try to use some runes? Maybe for a few sentences... or why not the full letter if you want? It's not a problem for me, it may be fun! So, it doesn't matter for me (: -Handwritten or Typed : I prefer handwriting but if you want we can type it. Same as before, I don't care ^^ -Canon or Expanded : The both ! -Country : France or Europe plz c: -Personal or Roleplay : It doesn't matter! -Others : Noooope.

1  2  3  22  23  24  25 > >>