Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Who remembers Smite?

Arylos
December 5, 2015

This is so way off topic, but still related to Skyrim. I professionally play a MOBA game called Smite. It's an awesome game and I recommend you check it out, but anyway. If you're new to it or never heard of it, the game is very young. We're wrapping up our second season right now, and we've made a lot of changes. I was doing some homework and I found the layout of the maps from the old game, both beta and post beta. They are pretty much bad maps with metas all over the place, but they do make you feel some nostalgia when you played on them early on. I think this map here is beta, if I remember correctly, and they took out the side jungles post beta.

Now it's not good, but it's not bad and I'm thinking on reliving the map by bringing it into Skyrim as a mod. HiRez won't recreate the maps because the assets for them are all deleted or overwritten and they took up so much memory that they had to go. They don't even plan to bring them back for a MOTD game anytime in the near future because someone has to rebuild the maps from scratch. I'm thinking on using Skyrims assets to rebuild the map. Not for competitive play, but just for fun. I told the community of Smite and if they agree, then we'll be golden. If enough people ask, then I might fully flesh out the game so you could play Smite on the old maps in Skyrim against AI. (I doubt there will be a way for PVP) Otherwise, you can stroll around the map with the Smite music playing and just let the nostalgia punch you in the face.

How does that sound?

by Arylos
December 5, 2015

This is so way off topic, but still related to Skyrim. I professionally play a MOBA game called Smite. It's an awesome game and I recommend you check it out, but anyway. If you're new to it or never heard of it, the game is very young. We're wrapping up our second season right now, and we've made a lot of changes. I was doing some homework and I found the layout of the maps from the old game, both beta and post beta. They are pretty much bad maps with metas all over the place, but they do make you feel some nostalgia when you played on them early on. I think this map here is beta, if I remember correctly, and they took out the side jungles post beta.

Now it's not good, but it's not bad and I'm thinking on reliving the map by bringing it into Skyrim as a mod. HiRez won't recreate the maps because the assets for them are all deleted or overwritten and they took up so much memory that they had to go. They don't even plan to bring them back for a MOTD game anytime in the near future because someone has to rebuild the maps from scratch. I'm thinking on using Skyrims assets to rebuild the map. Not for competitive play, but just for fun. I told the community of Smite and if they agree, then we'll be golden. If enough people ask, then I might fully flesh out the game so you could play Smite on the old maps in Skyrim against AI. (I doubt there will be a way for PVP) Otherwise, you can stroll around the map with the Smite music playing and just let the nostalgia punch you in the face.

How does that sound?

Duryoljot
December 7, 2015
Arylos

How does that sound?

I honestly think that this could be a mod on the Nexus. I might even check it out if it ever gets there.

by Duryoljot
December 7, 2015
Arylos

How does that sound?

I honestly think that this could be a mod on the Nexus. I might even check it out if it ever gets there.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.