Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

drem yol lok vs ahnok

yolviingdinok
January 8, 2016

drem yol lok is a greeting right? and according to the translator ahnok is hello.  so which one should i use and when? does it matter? what's the difference?

by yolviingdinok
January 8, 2016

drem yol lok is a greeting right? and according to the translator ahnok is hello.  so which one should i use and when? does it matter? what's the difference?

Frinmulaar
January 8, 2016

"Drem yol lok" is a formal greeting. It translates literally to "peace, fire, sky" and conveys the message: "I possess great power but refrain from attacking you."

"Ahnok" is a community invention to fill the human gap of an informal greeting. It has no meaningful root.

You can also greet someone canonically with their name and title, as in "Alduin, thuri!"

by Frinmulaar
January 8, 2016

"Drem yol lok" is a formal greeting. It translates literally to "peace, fire, sky" and conveys the message: "I possess great power but refrain from attacking you."

"Ahnok" is a community invention to fill the human gap of an informal greeting. It has no meaningful root.

You can also greet someone canonically with their name and title, as in "Alduin, thuri!"

Orkar Isber
January 9, 2016

Not much to add except Orkar Isber, rahu! ^^

by Orkar Isber
January 9, 2016

Not much to add except Orkar Isber, rahu! ^^

yolviingdinok
January 9, 2016
Freymulaar

nox hi. i understand it now

by yolviingdinok
January 9, 2016
Freymulaar

nox hi. i understand it now

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.