Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Tattoo Help, Sorry to Bother

Chim3ra
July 3, 2016

Sorry to bother everyone im sure you get alot of tattoo requests on here, I cant for the life of me figure out the double letters sounds and how the language works, i would really appreciate some help , i need this authentic to how the dragon tongue is and i would love it in the thumm and the english letters of the thumm as well if that makes sence, like how to pronounce it. i am looking to get this tattoo done by the 15th if anyonme can help mye out. I had an awesome person help on ign but i beleive it is done letter for letter which isnt exactly what im looking for.

by Chim3ra
July 3, 2016

Sorry to bother everyone im sure you get alot of tattoo requests on here, I cant for the life of me figure out the double letters sounds and how the language works, i would really appreciate some help , i need this authentic to how the dragon tongue is and i would love it in the thumm and the english letters of the thumm as well if that makes sence, like how to pronounce it. i am looking to get this tattoo done by the 15th if anyonme can help mye out. I had an awesome person help on ign but i beleive it is done letter for letter which isnt exactly what im looking for.

Frinmulaar
July 3, 2016

Are you looking for a transliteration? That is, trying to write some dragon runes such that someone reading them would pronounce the words 'accio' and 'patronus'?

If they are pronouced as if they were late Latin, you get aatshio for 'accio' and 'patronus' remains the same. They would look like this: [aatshio] and [patronus]

On the other hand, you say you want authentic dragon tongue. These are fictional spells, correct? Inventing two new three-word Shouts might be the way to go here. If I am correct in assuming that the first one draws faraway objects toward the caster and the second summons an ethereal animal protector, those Shouts could be as follows:

Gut bo haal 'far-fly-hand'

Zii kun raan 'spirit-goodness-animal'

Or in runes:

[gut bo haal]

[zii kun raan]

All individual words in these are from Skyrim, but the whole shouts, as might be expected, will need explaining.

by Frinmulaar
July 3, 2016

Are you looking for a transliteration? That is, trying to write some dragon runes such that someone reading them would pronounce the words 'accio' and 'patronus'?

If they are pronouced as if they were late Latin, you get aatshio for 'accio' and 'patronus' remains the same. They would look like this: [aatshio] and [patronus]

On the other hand, you say you want authentic dragon tongue. These are fictional spells, correct? Inventing two new three-word Shouts might be the way to go here. If I am correct in assuming that the first one draws faraway objects toward the caster and the second summons an ethereal animal protector, those Shouts could be as follows:

Or in runes:

[gut bo haal]

[zii kun raan]

All individual words in these are from Skyrim, but the whole shouts, as might be expected, will need explaining.

Chim3ra
July 27, 2016
Frinmulaar Thank you SO much sory for the delayed message have been looking for the perfect artist to do this peice. id love to send you a photo when its done if youd like you have seriosuly helped my dreams come true and i realllyyy appreciate it  :)

Or in runes:

[gut bo haal]

[zii kun raan]

by Chim3ra
July 27, 2016
Frinmulaar Thank you SO much sory for the delayed message have been looking for the perfect artist to do this peice. id love to send you a photo when its done if youd like you have seriosuly helped my dreams come true and i realllyyy appreciate it  :)

Or in runes:

[gut bo haal]

[zii kun raan]

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.