Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzuul Songs?

Drogaazpraan
March 23, 2019

I know a few songs exist in the epic or fantasy genre with some chanting in Dovahzuul. But what about actual songs?

I’m a fan of Dimmu Borgir and would love to do something in that style (symphonic progressive black metal) but in the dragon-tongue. 

Obviously the devil stuff would be ruled out. Given the limitations on the language itself this would be a challenge. What are your thoughts on this? 

by Drogaazpraan
March 23, 2019

I know a few songs exist in the epic or fantasy genre with some chanting in Dovahzuul. But what about actual songs?

I’m a fan of Dimmu Borgir and would love to do something in that style (symphonic progressive black metal) but in the dragon-tongue. 

Obviously the devil stuff would be ruled out. Given the limitations on the language itself this would be a challenge. What are your thoughts on this? 

Zinrahzul
April 1, 2019

What kind of songs are you thinking about? Actual production-quality songs? Or any Dovahzul-featured songs in general?

Malukah has "Vokul Fen Mah" as a song with One verse in English, and the rest in Dovahzul.

Sonaak Kroinlah and I did Dovahzul Christmas carols last December: https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/sets/dovahzul-christmas-songs-2018

I have a cover of "Epic Skyrim Rap" upload on my Sound Cloud as well.

Someone uploaded this song, as sung by a "Draugr Choir" (might as well be called "Mu Kos Aar" - "We Are Servants"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VNa3QAlAgU

There hasn't been any other work besides those that I know of (I have projects I WANT to do but don't have time at the moment)...

Just know that you have people here that can help you if you need it.

by Zinrahzul
April 1, 2019

What kind of songs are you thinking about? Actual production-quality songs? Or any Dovahzul-featured songs in general?

Malukah has "Vokul Fen Mah" as a song with One verse in English, and the rest in Dovahzul.

Sonaak Kroinlah and I did Dovahzul Christmas carols last December: https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/sets/dovahzul-christmas-songs-2018

I have a cover of "Epic Skyrim Rap" upload on my Sound Cloud as well.

Someone uploaded this song, as sung by a "Draugr Choir" (might as well be called "Mu Kos Aar" - "We Are Servants"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VNa3QAlAgU

There hasn't been any other work besides those that I know of (I have projects I WANT to do but don't have time at the moment)...

Just know that you have people here that can help you if you need it.

Drogaazpraan
April 15, 2019
@Zinrahzul it would be a fully produced album. I’d like to be able to tell a story with it. But I’m not sure what that story should be. I’d like to keep it dark since the language itself is kind of creepy. In a good way.
by Drogaazpraan
April 15, 2019
@Zinrahzul it would be a fully produced album. I’d like to be able to tell a story with it. But I’m not sure what that story should be. I’d like to keep it dark since the language itself is kind of creepy. In a good way.

Zinrahzul
April 17, 2019
I don't think of the language as creepy, but that's neither here for there ... What kind of story are you hoping to tell?
by Zinrahzul
April 17, 2019
I don't think of the language as creepy, but that's neither here for there ... What kind of story are you hoping to tell?

Drogaazpraan
April 20, 2019
I’m still working that out but it’ll probably be a story from the perspective of a Dragon Priest.
by Drogaazpraan
April 20, 2019
I’m still working that out but it’ll probably be a story from the perspective of a Dragon Priest.

Drogaazpraan
April 20, 2019
Do you know of any resources where I can learn the lore of the various dragon priests? The only one I can find any history of is Hevnoraak.
by Drogaazpraan
April 20, 2019
Do you know of any resources where I can learn the lore of the various dragon priests? The only one I can find any history of is Hevnoraak.

Sonaak Kroinlah
April 21, 2019

The UESP wiki is a great place to get lore. From here you should be able to navigate to most of what you'll need:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dragon_Priest

Edit: I should mention that there *isn't* any lore given in game for most of them.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
April 21, 2019

The UESP wiki is a great place to get lore. From here you should be able to navigate to most of what you'll need:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dragon_Priest

Edit: I should mention that there *isn't* any lore given in game for most of them.

Drogaazpraan
April 23, 2019
@Sonaak Kroinlah, thanks! Normally I use the Skyrim Fandom site as I feel it has a better layout and is easier to navigate. Plus their app is pretty nifty. I’ll dive into that link and see what they have to offer as my usual site doesn’t have anything much beyond the qualities of the various masks
by Drogaazpraan
April 23, 2019
@Sonaak Kroinlah, thanks! Normally I use the Skyrim Fandom site as I feel it has a better layout and is easier to navigate. Plus their app is pretty nifty. I’ll dive into that link and see what they have to offer as my usual site doesn’t have anything much beyond the qualities of the various masks

Zinrahzul
April 23, 2019

It might also provide some inspiration to travel to the places in-game, especially when designing lyrics and verses and getting the mood of things.

by Zinrahzul
April 23, 2019

It might also provide some inspiration to travel to the places in-game, especially when designing lyrics and verses and getting the mood of things.

Drogaazpraan
May 7, 2019
@Zinrahzul, it didn’t have any info on the dragon priests either. Oh well. Time to make up my own lore.
by Drogaazpraan
May 7, 2019
@Zinrahzul, it didn’t have any info on the dragon priests either. Oh well. Time to make up my own lore.

Zinrahzul
May 8, 2019
@Drogaazpraan Oh, I was actually thinking more of getting a feel of the places you find them in-game. For example, if you go into Ragnvald where the Dragon Priest Otar is, you can look at what the place actually is as it's presented in game. There are distinct types of rooms there. Tie them in with what the Dragon Priests are, and you can get inspiration for Otar.
I suppose Forelhost is the most lore-rich area, though. It actually has notes there from the cult members and their attackers.
by Zinrahzul
May 8, 2019
@Drogaazpraan Oh, I was actually thinking more of getting a feel of the places you find them in-game. For example, if you go into Ragnvald where the Dragon Priest Otar is, you can look at what the place actually is as it's presented in game. There are distinct types of rooms there. Tie them in with what the Dragon Priests are, and you can get inspiration for Otar.

I suppose Forelhost is the most lore-rich area, though. It actually has notes there from the cult members and their attackers.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.