Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thu'um Project for Dragonborn Unlimited Mod

Lor Sovaar
June 21, 2023

Hi guys, new to this awesome site.

This is mainly just an FYI that I've just started on a Thu'um overhaul for any magic mod that is balanced that I can get my hands on. Intent is basically you speak the Thu'um words for spells, powers, etc and stuff happens.

I'm currently setting up for a complete immersion run through of Skyrim (never finished it before) using the mod listed in the description; Dragonborn Unlimited (DU). Basically it lets you use spoken Thu'um Words of Power for your shouts. I want to extend this to powers, spells and many other abilities.

Another mod I will use is Dragonborn Speaks Naturally so I can speak lines of conversation; again to increase immersion.

By no means the last one that I haven't yet installed is Dragons Use Thu'um

And of course the ones where they actually speak!

Actual use would be;

• you have a list of your spells in a text file next to you with the Thu'm words.
  • You say the Words of Power and DU makes it happen.

It doesn't use Voice Attack or any other vocal application. It's early days yet so I'm still working out the ins and outs of DU.

This is all for my immersive playthrough which means I won't use a lot of mods others use but chances are any balanced magic system will be used. Eventually.

I am going for Thu'um translations of all spells from all the Skyrim Special Edition additions (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, etc) that I can get my hands on aswell as spell overhaul mods like Mysticism and Apocalypse, etc. The spells especially are going to take some time.

The plan, in rough form, is below;

1. Install Skyrim and Living Skyrim Modlist (plus some others) = DONE
  2. Add transation of spell names to DU
    1. Powers = DONE
      1. Vanilla = DONE
      2. Dragonborn = DONE
      3. Dawnguard = DONE
    2. Spells
      1. Vanilla = DONE !!
      2. Dragonborn = DONE
      3. Dawnguard = DONE
      4. Apocalypse = Work In Progress
      5. More Apocalypse Spells (maybe - has to be vetted for balance) = Pending
      6. Mysticism
      7. Beyond Skyrim = Pending
      8. Phenderix Magic Evolved = Pending
      9. Triumverate = Pending
      10. Wyrmstooth = DONE
      11. Tomebound = Pending

This is going to take a looong time but I just thought people might be interested.

Regards,

Lor

by Lor Sovaar
June 21, 2023

Hi guys, new to this awesome site.

This is mainly just an FYI that I've just started on a Thu'um overhaul for any magic mod that is balanced that I can get my hands on. Intent is basically you speak the Thu'um words for spells, powers, etc and stuff happens.

I'm currently setting up for a complete immersion run through of Skyrim (never finished it before) using the mod listed in the description; Dragonborn Unlimited (DU). Basically it lets you use spoken Thu'um Words of Power for your shouts. I want to extend this to powers, spells and many other abilities.

Another mod I will use is Dragonborn Speaks Naturally so I can speak lines of conversation; again to increase immersion.

By no means the last one that I haven't yet installed is Dragons Use Thu'um

And of course the ones where they actually speak!

Actual use would be;

• you have a list of your spells in a text file next to you with the Thu'm words.
  • You say the Words of Power and DU makes it happen.

It doesn't use Voice Attack or any other vocal application. It's early days yet so I'm still working out the ins and outs of DU.

This is all for my immersive playthrough which means I won't use a lot of mods others use but chances are any balanced magic system will be used. Eventually.

I am going for Thu'um translations of all spells from all the Skyrim Special Edition additions (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, etc) that I can get my hands on aswell as spell overhaul mods like Mysticism and Apocalypse, etc. The spells especially are going to take some time.

The plan, in rough form, is below;

1. Install Skyrim and Living Skyrim Modlist (plus some others) = DONE
  2. Add transation of spell names to DU
    1. Powers = DONE
      1. Vanilla = DONE
      2. Dragonborn = DONE
      3. Dawnguard = DONE
    2. Spells
      1. Vanilla = DONE !!
      2. Dragonborn = DONE
      3. Dawnguard = DONE
      4. Apocalypse = Work In Progress
      5. More Apocalypse Spells (maybe - has to be vetted for balance) = Pending
      6. Mysticism
      7. Beyond Skyrim = Pending
      8. Phenderix Magic Evolved = Pending
      9. Triumverate = Pending
      10. Wyrmstooth = DONE
      11. Tomebound = Pending

This is going to take a looong time but I just thought people might be interested.

Regards,

Lor

Realms
August 13, 2023

is the project done?

by Realms
August 13, 2023

is the project done?

Lor Sovaar
September 10, 2023
Realms

is the project done?

Not as yet mate but I'm stsill working on it as I play through. Just had a month in England/Europe (live in Australia) so will kick on now that I'm back. Rest assured, it will proceed :)

by Lor Sovaar
September 10, 2023
Realms

is the project done?

Not as yet mate but I'm stsill working on it as I play through. Just had a month in England/Europe (live in Australia) so will kick on now that I'm back. Rest assured, it will proceed :)

Lor Sovaar
October 9, 2023

Update: still working on it; there's a lot to go through. Work and BG3 sure don't help!

by Lor Sovaar
October 9, 2023

Update: still working on it; there's a lot to go through. Work and BG3 sure don't help!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.