Vulsaarkven
January 17, 2014

Here are my screenshots:

by Vulsaarkven
January 17, 2014

Here are my screenshots:

Arngeir
January 18, 2014

The layout is correct, from the look on the photos the words view is in the correct place, the radio buttons are showing up where they should...

Ok, I'll set up a virtual machine with a newer android version and try it out.

Edit:

I solved the problem :D

Turns out in the newer versions there were some layout changes. I just did some changes in the xml file and got it to work as it should.

Also, I removed the "c" from the dropdown before, because there isn't c in dovahzul, but re-added it now since there is c in english. Dovahzul-English is not selectable while c is selected.

by Arngeir
January 18, 2014

The layout is correct, from the look on the photos the words view is in the correct place, the radio buttons are showing up where they should...

Ok, I'll set up a virtual machine with a newer android version and try it out.

Edit:

I solved the problem :D

Turns out in the newer versions there were some layout changes. I just did some changes in the xml file and got it to work as it should.

Also, I removed the "c" from the dropdown before, because there isn't c in dovahzul, but re-added it now since there is c in english. Dovahzul-English is not selectable while c is selected.

Vulsaarkven
January 20, 2014

I still experience the same problem, regarding the lack of anything but A's in the browsable dictionary, are you working it into an update? Or have you already and for whatever reason I can't find the update?

by Vulsaarkven
January 20, 2014

I still experience the same problem, regarding the lack of anything but A's in the browsable dictionary, are you working it into an update? Or have you already and for whatever reason I can't find the update?

Arngeir
January 20, 2014
Vulsaarkven

I'm working on it right now. Don't worry, will be solved in no time. Also, there will be a lot of news. I'll be as fast as I can to update it, but I may not have much time to work this week.

Don't worry though, I know what causes the bug, solved it, I'm working on some other issues and I'll update as soon as all the other issues are solved, which will be quite soon.

I'm redisigning most of the layout, so be excited :D

Edit:

Updated! Go check it out

by Arngeir
January 20, 2014
Vulsaarkven

I'm working on it right now. Don't worry, will be solved in no time. Also, there will be a lot of news. I'll be as fast as I can to update it, but I may not have much time to work this week.

Don't worry though, I know what causes the bug, solved it, I'm working on some other issues and I'll update as soon as all the other issues are solved, which will be quite soon.

I'm redisigning most of the layout, so be excited :D

Edit:

Updated! Go check it out

Mahlaansaviik
February 12, 2014

Drem yol lok, I justed wanted to say great app, it's great to have an easily accessible dictionary while on the go. But there are a couple of changes that I think would make it better. For example, when you try to search for a word I think it should first show the excat word you typed and then follow with the list of similar words. This is not that important since there is a button to display exact matches, but I still think it would be a good feature. The other thing is how the exact mathces button doesn't work for some words like "no" (I think it's because you have to type in "no / none / nothing" instead of just "no"). This is somewhat frustrating because it forces you to have to scroll through an entire list of words you aren't interested in. The last thing that I think would make the app better is if it included a syllable search option for when you wanted to narrow the search down to 1, 2, or 3 syllable words. I am not sure how easy this could be implemented but I think it would be very useful. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming, very useful app. Su'um ahrk morah.

by Mahlaansaviik
February 12, 2014

Drem yol lok, I justed wanted to say great app, it's great to have an easily accessible dictionary while on the go. But there are a couple of changes that I think would make it better. For example, when you try to search for a word I think it should first show the excat word you typed and then follow with the list of similar words. This is not that important since there is a button to display exact matches, but I still think it would be a good feature. The other thing is how the exact mathces button doesn't work for some words like "no" (I think it's because you have to type in "no / none / nothing" instead of just "no"). This is somewhat frustrating because it forces you to have to scroll through an entire list of words you aren't interested in. The last thing that I think would make the app better is if it included a syllable search option for when you wanted to narrow the search down to 1, 2, or 3 syllable words. I am not sure how easy this could be implemented but I think it would be very useful. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming, very useful app. Su'um ahrk morah.

Arngeir
February 14, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

Drem yol lok, fahdoni.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Good to know you like the app.

Thanks for all the sugestions :D I do think I could add the exact matches to appear first. About the issue with the "no" and many many other words, that is being worked on. You will need to wait a bit though... Sorry for the incoviniente.

Today is my birthday and I'm rishing to get a very good feature to work: the translator is about to be ready :D :D

Next, I'll be working on a pronunciation and grammar sections. After that, I'll be looking into your sujestions, but sullabe search would be REALLY hard, since there isn't a simple way to get the number of syllabs in a word. 

Don't worry though, I'll be super active the next days, so I'll be sure to look into that.

by Arngeir
February 14, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

Drem yol lok, fahdoni.

Thanks for all the sugestions :D I do think I could add the exact matches to appear first. About the issue with the "no" and many many other words, that is being worked on. You will need to wait a bit though... Sorry for the incoviniente.

Today is my birthday and I'm rishing to get a very good feature to work: the translator is about to be ready :D :D

Next, I'll be working on a pronunciation and grammar sections. After that, I'll be looking into your sujestions, but sullabe search would be REALLY hard, since there isn't a simple way to get the number of syllabs in a word. 

Don't worry though, I'll be super active the next days, so I'll be sure to look into that.

Mahlaansaviik
February 15, 2014
Arngeir

Drem yol lok, fahdoni.

Okay thanks for the response, I'll be looking forward to the translator update. Happy Birthday btw. Lok, Thu'um.

by Mahlaansaviik
February 15, 2014
Arngeir

Drem yol lok, fahdoni.

Okay thanks for the response, I'll be looking forward to the translator update. Happy Birthday btw. Lok, Thu'um.

Arngeir
February 23, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Arngeir

Drem yol lok, fahdoni.

Thanks. The translator is ready. It will translate both from english-dovahzul and dovahzul-english. The exact match system is now much much better. It will work perfectly when searching for words like "no", "am", etc. 

I'll be adding a grammar section soon.

Thanks for suporting and make sure you look forward for the next version, which is about to be released.

by Arngeir
February 23, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Arngeir

Drem yol lok, fahdoni.

Thanks. The translator is ready. It will translate both from english-dovahzul and dovahzul-english. The exact match system is now much much better. It will work perfectly when searching for words like "no", "am", etc. 

I'll be adding a grammar section soon.

Thanks for suporting and make sure you look forward for the next version, which is about to be released.

ZaneKata
March 4, 2014

ahnok, for some reason, when ever I type something in the translate part of your app, it crashes, maybe you can fix it. it would be much apreciated

by ZaneKata
March 4, 2014

ahnok, for some reason, when ever I type something in the translate part of your app, it crashes, maybe you can fix it. it would be much apreciated

Arngeir
March 7, 2014
ZaneKata

Hum... I can't do anything with that info. Make sure when the app crashes you click on report. Also, if it freezes, just wait, it sometimes takes a lot depending on the words you use.

Could you answear this? 

-What is your android version?

-Tried reeinstaling the app?

-Does the app crash somewhere else?

by Arngeir
March 7, 2014
ZaneKata

Hum... I can't do anything with that info. Make sure when the app crashes you click on report. Also, if it freezes, just wait, it sometimes takes a lot depending on the words you use.

Could you answear this? 

-What is your android version?

-Tried reeinstaling the app?

-Does the app crash somewhere else?

BruceLee
March 8, 2014

Hello Arngeir! This app looks amazing. Well done! Is there any chance that this will be released for iPhone soon?

Aal hine venne aak hi wah zodrem lok

by BruceLee
March 8, 2014

Hello Arngeir! This app looks amazing. Well done! Is there any chance that this will be released for iPhone soon?

Arngeir
March 9, 2014
BruceLee

Sorry, but as I'm not an iPhone developer I doubt it will be released for iPhone soon. Thanks for the reply thought! 

by Arngeir
March 9, 2014
BruceLee

Sorry, but as I'm not an iPhone developer I doubt it will be released for iPhone soon. Thanks for the reply thought! 

Dovahme
March 21, 2014

Thats amazing! i could really use this!  i'm downloading now

by Dovahme
March 21, 2014

Thats amazing! i could really use this!  i'm downloading now

fril bos
April 4, 2014

dont suppose you could make a windows version?

by fril bos
April 4, 2014

dont suppose you could make a windows version?

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 7, 2014

Hey Arngeir, I was using the app recently and found the search function doesn't work quite as intended. Searching without exact match checked will return all words, and searching with exact match checked (I was test searching a recent word, "Grahveysun" for "warship"), and the word doesn't appear. This is true for both English search and Dovahzul search.

I'm on a Nexus tablet.

by paarthurnax
April 7, 2014

Hey Arngeir, I was using the app recently and found the search function doesn't work quite as intended. Searching without exact match checked will return all words, and searching with exact match checked (I was test searching a recent word, "Grahveysun" for "warship"), and the word doesn't appear. This is true for both English search and Dovahzul search.

I'm on a Nexus tablet.

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.