Zinrahzul
October 18, 2017
@Pahvomedrah I like it!
by Zinrahzul
October 18, 2017
@Pahvomedrah I like it!

Hahdremro
November 14, 2017

For the next few weeks in the school library where I work, we will be teaching the kids about poetry, with a focus on haiku. The kids know that I speak the dragon language, and they love to hear me come up with dragon language phrases on the spot. I plan to write many haiku as examples, and to show that it is an art form that transcends the language barrier, in a way. I expect I will be posting in this thread a fair amount as a result. For now, here's a silly one.

Pah komeyt mal ruth

Zu'u tinvaak med aan lot mey

Meyrotsebormah

by Hahdremro
November 14, 2017

For the next few weeks in the school library where I work, we will be teaching the kids about poetry, with a focus on haiku. The kids know that I speak the dragon language, and they love to hear me come up with dragon language phrases on the spot. I plan to write many haiku as examples, and to show that it is an art form that transcends the language barrier, in a way. I expect I will be posting in this thread a fair amount as a result. For now, here's a silly one.

Pah komeyt mal ruth

Zu'u tinvaak med aan lot mey

Meyrotsebormah

Kendovdoaaz
November 29, 2017
This is my first time attempting something like this. I am not sure I have gotten it right. Hope you all like it anyways. Here goes:

Fin dovah klur krent

Lokluv ediin nol fin lok

Voth ahkrin zu'u bo

(To clarify, I say zu'u like zoo.)
by Kendovdoaaz
November 29, 2017
This is my first time attempting something like this. I am not sure I have gotten it right. Hope you all like it anyways. Here goes:

Fin dovah klur krent

Lokluv ediin nol fin lok

Voth ahkrin zu'u bo

(To clarify, I say zu'u like zoo.)

Hahdremro
November 29, 2017
Kendovdoaaz
This is my first time attempting something like this. I am not sure I have gotten it right. Hope you all like it anyways. Here goes: Fin dovah klur krent Lokluv ediin nol fin lok Voth ahkrin zu'u bo (To clarify, I say zu'u like zoo.)

I'm not terribly familiar with Legacy words, but it's nice to know some of them. I find it interesting that you mention dragon eggs, considering that Dragons from the Elder Scrolls series are Lesser Aedra and thus weren't technically "born" or have any need (or means) to reproduce. Thus, there is no such thing as a dragon egg in Mundus, according to the lore.

What do you mean by ediin? I can't find that word in the canon or Legacy dictionaries, and it doesn't look like an existing word with a suffix or prefix. I don't recognize any variant of the word, so I can't figure out how it may have been a typo.

Good use of the flexibility of zu'u! It's one of the most useful words to use for poetry and songwriting, as it can fill either one or two syllables in a line. It's a useful trait that is, in my opinion, underutilized in English.

This is a good start! Try another one to further hone your skills, if possible.

Here's a fun one I'm just coming up with on the fly:

Voth zok mulaag

Kendov grah voth lot ahkrin

Ahrk viik hokoron

by Hahdremro
November 29, 2017
Kendovdoaaz
This is my first time attempting something like this. I am not sure I have gotten it right. Hope you all like it anyways. Here goes: Fin dovah klur krent Lokluv ediin nol fin lok Voth ahkrin zu'u bo (To clarify, I say zu'u like zoo.)

I'm not terribly familiar with Legacy words, but it's nice to know some of them. I find it interesting that you mention dragon eggs, considering that Dragons from the Elder Scrolls series are Lesser Aedra and thus weren't technically "born" or have any need (or means) to reproduce. Thus, there is no such thing as a dragon egg in Mundus, according to the lore.

What do you mean by ediin? I can't find that word in the canon or Legacy dictionaries, and it doesn't look like an existing word with a suffix or prefix. I don't recognize any variant of the word, so I can't figure out how it may have been a typo.

Good use of the flexibility of zu'u! It's one of the most useful words to use for poetry and songwriting, as it can fill either one or two syllables in a line. It's a useful trait that is, in my opinion, underutilized in English.

This is a good start! Try another one to further hone your skills, if possible.

Here's a fun one I'm just coming up with on the fly:

Voth zok mulaag

Kendov grah voth lot ahkrin

Ahrk viik hokoron

Zinrahzul
November 29, 2017
Inspired today:

Sahlo zul tinvaak
Orin nu piraak mulaag
Tinvaak Zul Mey Gut!
by Zinrahzul
November 29, 2017
Inspired today:

Sahlo zul tinvaak

Orin nu piraak mulaag

Tinvaak Zul Mey Gut!

finmahlaan
November 29, 2017

[do fin strunmah naar]

[fin dovah bo voth rahgot]

[los aan maar thuri]

do fin strunmah naar

fin dovah bo voth rahgot

los aan maar thuri

I just quickly thought of this ^-^

by finmahlaan
November 29, 2017

[do fin strunmah naar]

[fin dovah bo voth rahgot]

[los aan maar thuri]

do fin strunmah naar

fin dovah bo voth rahgot

los aan maar thuri

I just quickly thought of this ^-^

Liis
Administrator
November 29, 2017
@Hahdremro,

It's a deleted Legacy word for "shoot" as in "shoot an arrow". The favoured word which replaced it is "Ronah".
by Liis
November 29, 2017
@Hahdremro,

It's a deleted Legacy word for "shoot" as in "shoot an arrow". The favoured word which replaced it is "Ronah".

Kendovdoaaz
November 29, 2017
@Hahdremro

I wasn't trying to connect this with dragons from Skyrim (hence the egg). I was honestly trying to make something with the few vocabulary words I actually know. I only started learning about two weeks ago so this was just an attempt at something new.
by Kendovdoaaz
November 29, 2017
@Hahdremro

I wasn't trying to connect this with dragons from Skyrim (hence the egg). I was honestly trying to make something with the few vocabulary words I actually know. I only started learning about two weeks ago so this was just an attempt at something new.

<<  <  1  2  3 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.