Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Most Ironic words?

BoDuSil
January 24, 2015

For example, the word Koraavnu, which means blind, but its literal meaning is "See now"

by BoDuSil
January 24, 2015

For example, the word Koraavnu, which means blind, but its literal meaning is "See now"

DovahKiinZaan
January 24, 2015

I think 'da' in unrelenting force is just funny. In a shout designed to knock your foes over they should put the word for balance in there!

by DovahKiinZaan
January 24, 2015

I think 'da' in unrelenting force is just funny. In a shout designed to knock your foes over they should put the word for balance in there!

BoDuSil
January 24, 2015

Yeah that is pretty ridiculous

by BoDuSil
January 24, 2015

Yeah that is pretty ridiculous

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 24, 2015

Koraavnu means "sightless." The suffix -nu != the word nu.

by paarthurnax
January 24, 2015

Koraavnu means "sightless." The suffix -nu != the word nu.

BoDuSil
January 25, 2015

Ah okay. I thought it was one of those combined words.

by BoDuSil
January 25, 2015

Ah okay. I thought it was one of those combined words.

Loniizrath
January 25, 2015

There really aren't any ironic words in Dovahzul, since it's so literal. And DKZ, in Unrelenting Force, Ro is Balence, and it does make sense. FUS is the force itself, wild and uncontrolled. RO balences and focuses the force, making it controllable. DAH is push, and it concentrates all the energy into one powerful pulse.

by Loniizrath
January 25, 2015

There really aren't any ironic words in Dovahzul, since it's so literal. And DKZ, in Unrelenting Force, Ro is Balence, and it does make sense. FUS is the force itself, wild and uncontrolled. RO balences and focuses the force, making it controllable. DAH is push, and it concentrates all the energy into one powerful pulse.

Aaliizah
January 27, 2015

Well, there's always the actual dovah phrase for irony: orin brit ro. Other than that, I agree with Loniizrath; I can't think of any because most words are so literal.

by Aaliizah
January 27, 2015

Well, there's always the actual dovah phrase for irony: orin brit ro. Other than that, I agree with Loniizrath; I can't think of any because most words are so literal.

BoDuSil
January 28, 2015

Orin brit ro?

by BoDuSil
January 28, 2015

Orin brit ro?

Sahkrahfaas
January 28, 2015
Loniizrath

Vsauce made a video on what would happen if you were fus ro dah'd in real life, and it seems pretty obvious they don't know Dovahzul xD They said it would summon a black hole, so ro could be there for that reason too :)

by Sahkrahfaas
January 28, 2015
Loniizrath

Vsauce made a video on what would happen if you were fus ro dah'd in real life, and it seems pretty obvious they don't know Dovahzul xD They said it would summon a black hole, so ro could be there for that reason too :)

Mul klo riik
January 28, 2015
Sahkrahfaas
Loniizrath

Vsauce made a video on what would happen if you were fus ro dah'd in real life, and it seems pretty obivious they don't know Dovahzul xD They said it would summon a black hole, so ro could be there for that reason too :)

Daar nivahrin joorre! It isn't a sound that's pushing you! It is the THU'UM! However, although not ironic, I did find it odd that Sahloknir's name had weak in it. It threw me off when I started learning dovahzul.

by Mul klo riik
January 28, 2015
Sahkrahfaas
Loniizrath

Vsauce made a video on what would happen if you were fus ro dah'd in real life, and it seems pretty obivious they don't know Dovahzul xD They said it would summon a black hole, so ro could be there for that reason too :)

Daar nivahrin joorre! It isn't a sound that's pushing you! It is the THU'UM! However, although not ironic, I did find it odd that Sahloknir's name had weak in it. It threw me off when I started learning dovahzul.

Mul klo riik
January 28, 2015
BoDuSil

Orin brit ro?

A fully beautiful balance. Kinda like, "that's ironic," or certain grunting noises in English.

by Mul klo riik
January 28, 2015
BoDuSil

Orin brit ro?

A fully beautiful balance. Kinda like, "that's ironic," or certain grunting noises in English.

BoDuSil
January 29, 2015
Okay
by BoDuSil
January 29, 2015
Okay

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.