A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Name of the Dragon Language

<<  <  1  2 

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 13, 2013

"Dovahzul" is the in-language name, I don't think we've establish an English name yet.  (For example: Deutsch -> German, Espanol -> Spanish, Dovahzul -> ?).  "Dragontongue" is one possibility.  Other thoughts?

by paarthurnax
April 13, 2013

"Dovahzul" is the in-language name, I don't think we've establish an English name yet.  (For example: Deutsch -> German, Espanol -> Spanish, Dovahzul -> ?).  "Dragontongue" is one possibility.  Other thoughts?

scrptrx
April 14, 2013
Myufi

Dovahzul sounds good to me.

But, if you simply told somebody in English that you spoke Dovahzul, I wouldn't expect them to understand what that is. For clarification, other than saying 'dragon language', I like the English term of Dragontongue.

For the "common" language of Skyrim and English, "dragontongue" or "dragonspeak" should be used. I use the latter in my FanFic because it makes the most sense in English. In Italic languages, the word might translate into "dragontongue" (eg draco lingua = hyper-literal Latin for "dragon language").

by scrptrx
April 14, 2013
Myufi

Dovahzul sounds good to me.

But, if you simply told somebody in English that you spoke Dovahzul, I wouldn't expect them to understand what that is. For clarification, other than saying 'dragon language', I like the English term of Dragontongue.

For the "common" language of Skyrim and English, "dragontongue" or "dragonspeak" should be used. I use the latter in my FanFic because it makes the most sense in English. In Italic languages, the word might translate into "dragontongue" (eg draco lingua = hyper-literal Latin for "dragon language").

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.