Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Alduin, meet America

<<  <  1  2 

Nivzahkun
July 29, 2014
Foduiiz
ikaram

WHY AMERICA?! I know must of you guys are from America, but what about THE REST  OF THE FRICKIN' WORLD? *sad face*

Americans don't acknowledge the rest of the world. Well - that's the stereotype anyway.

Why would you rather have dragons in you nation? "Sure lets have giant monsters that fly though the air and can breath fire and who knows what else here, because that is just great!"

by Nivzahkun
July 29, 2014
Foduiiz
ikaram

WHY AMERICA?! I know must of you guys are from America, but what about THE REST  OF THE FRICKIN' WORLD? *sad face*

Americans don't acknowledge the rest of the world. Well - that's the stereotype anyway.

Why would you rather have dragons in you nation? "Sure lets have giant monsters that fly though the air and can breath fire and who knows what else here, because that is just great!"

Mahlaansaviik
July 29, 2014
Foduiiz
ikaram

Because America is the only place with guns, missiles, and a military.

by Mahlaansaviik
July 29, 2014
Foduiiz
ikaram

Foduiiz
July 29, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Foduiiz
ikaram

It is? I'm pretty sure there are a few other countries with those things.

by Foduiiz
July 29, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Foduiiz
ikaram

It is? I'm pretty sure there are a few other countries with those things.

Phelan1019
August 5, 2014
IrkbaanDinokVen

Magic would be interesting because a lot of things we have invented wouldn't exist because of magic, IE flamethrower because all we have to do is throw a fireball, or aircraft because of levitate (I'm talking the spell from Morrowind) So things might be a lot diffe

Actually, flamethrowers and aircraft may still exist, because non-mages would still want to set things on fire and fly.

by Phelan1019
August 5, 2014
IrkbaanDinokVen

Magic would be interesting because a lot of things we have invented wouldn't exist because of magic, IE flamethrower because all we have to do is throw a fireball, or aircraft because of levitate (I'm talking the spell from Morrowind) So things might be a lot diffe

Actually, flamethrowers and aircraft may still exist, because non-mages would still want to set things on fire and fly.

Mulhahlor
August 9, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Foduiiz
ikaram

Actually, the title was just for the similar names. For the sake of sanity, the dragons are worldwide. After all, wouldn't they try to conquer the entire world?

by Mulhahlor
August 9, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Foduiiz
ikaram

Actually, the title was just for the similar names. For the sake of sanity, the dragons are worldwide. After all, wouldn't they try to conquer the entire world?

valromar
August 12, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Foduiiz
ikaram

that is INCORRECT, all of the major nations have guns, missiles, and military. if fact, any place with a military have both guns and missiles!

by valromar
August 12, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Foduiiz
ikaram

that is INCORRECT, all of the major nations have guns, missiles, and military. if fact, any place with a military have both guns and missiles!

valromar
August 12, 2014
Phelan1019
IrkbaanDinokVen

this is a bad combo

by valromar
August 12, 2014
Phelan1019
IrkbaanDinokVen

this is a bad combo

Nivzahkun
August 12, 2014
Phelan1019
IrkbaanDinokVen

Ha! pogaas moorus!

by Nivzahkun
August 12, 2014
Phelan1019
IrkbaanDinokVen

Ha! pogaas moorus!

Nivzahkun
August 12, 2014
valromar
Phelan1019
IrkbaanDinokVen

this is a bad combo

Why? you don't want flaming planes?

by Nivzahkun
August 12, 2014
valromar
Phelan1019
IrkbaanDinokVen

this is a bad combo

Why? you don't want flaming planes?

Mahlaansaviik
August 12, 2014
valromar
Mahlaansaviik
Foduiiz
ikaram

Yeah that was kind of point, I realize it was just a really bad joke. Never expected anyone to take me seriously considering just about everyone has to be aware of WWII, The Cold War, or sometype of war that has taken place in history, heck even the Gaza-Israel Crisis involves missles and military forces. I only said it because the comment before said "Americans don't acknowledge the rest of the world". I guess forgot to say 'Merica'.

by Mahlaansaviik
August 12, 2014
valromar
Mahlaansaviik
Foduiiz
ikaram

Yeah that was kind of point, I realize it was just a really bad joke. Never expected anyone to take me seriously considering just about everyone has to be aware of WWII, The Cold War, or sometype of war that has taken place in history, heck even the Gaza-Israel Crisis involves missles and military forces. I only said it because the comment before said "Americans don't acknowledge the rest of the world". I guess forgot to say 'Merica'.

TheBanditFirefighter
August 19, 2014
Mulhahlor

From the Mounds in Skyrim, it would appear that you can kill dovah, but only a Dragonborn can kill them permanently. That brings up an interesting point, though: Pet Dovah.

Best pet evar

by TheBanditFirefighter
August 19, 2014
Mulhahlor

From the Mounds in Skyrim, it would appear that you can kill dovah, but only a Dragonborn can kill them permanently. That brings up an interesting point, though: Pet Dovah.

Best pet evar

Ahbiilok
August 20, 2015

Here's what I imagine happening:

America: Dragons are on the loose!

Presedent: Nuke em'

*Misses and hits Russia*

Russia: WORLD WAR III!!!

by Ahbiilok
August 20, 2015

Here's what I imagine happening:

America: Dragons are on the loose!

Presedent: Nuke em'

*Misses and hits Russia*

Russia: WORLD WAR III!!!

Emperor of Man
August 23, 2015

Alduin would die of witnessing Americas horrid, well, everything. Economy, food, people, etc.

by Emperor of Man
August 23, 2015

Alduin would die of witnessing Americas horrid, well, everything. Economy, food, people, etc.

Sharsosah
September 9, 2015

I think, since we people have technology now, Alduin- being concious -would not be a fool. He would wear armor, have missiles and an army to back him up.

by Sharsosah
September 9, 2015

I think, since we people have technology now, Alduin- being concious -would not be a fool. He would wear armor, have missiles and an army to back him up.

Orkar Isber
September 14, 2015

To the america thing - The dragons retreated from Atmora to a place where no humans were. So if the dragons were driven from eurasia America is the most human free region sounds logical.

If youd ask where the dragons could originate in terms of a Skyrim like country / area you could take the following nations into consideration:

Russia, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Sweden, Tibet. All of these are snowy cold with quite huge mountains. Other countries are either too hot (like the entire US excluding Alaska) or dont have mountains or better not enough.

Other countries would partially be appropiate like Northindia, Southchina, Southgermany, Eastnorway, Northitaly, arguably Westfrance and Westspain.

But in terms of culture i would stuck with either Sweden, Russia, Austria or Switzerland those are the most Skyrim like in landscape and human mindset

Who would win? Well with modern day weaponry dragons dont really have a chance. Since swords work on them we can safely assume that modern weapons work on them in quite a similiar fashion as they would on a crocodile so bullets would work and a machine gun may not cause the biggest holes but should already be enough to stop a dragon. And then we have AAA which would definitely be dragons doom.

by Orkar Isber
September 14, 2015

To the america thing - The dragons retreated from Atmora to a place where no humans were. So if the dragons were driven from eurasia America is the most human free region sounds logical.

If youd ask where the dragons could originate in terms of a Skyrim like country / area you could take the following nations into consideration:

Russia, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Sweden, Tibet. All of these are snowy cold with quite huge mountains. Other countries are either too hot (like the entire US excluding Alaska) or dont have mountains or better not enough.

Other countries would partially be appropiate like Northindia, Southchina, Southgermany, Eastnorway, Northitaly, arguably Westfrance and Westspain.

But in terms of culture i would stuck with either Sweden, Russia, Austria or Switzerland those are the most Skyrim like in landscape and human mindset

Who would win? Well with modern day weaponry dragons dont really have a chance. Since swords work on them we can safely assume that modern weapons work on them in quite a similiar fashion as they would on a crocodile so bullets would work and a machine gun may not cause the biggest holes but should already be enough to stop a dragon. And then we have AAA which would definitely be dragons doom.

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.