A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Grammar check, please?

<<  <  1  2 

scrptrx
October 7, 2013

Grammar/trans check, please :D thanks!

1.       “Krii dovahkiin! Krii prodah kriid! Krii kodaavsejer!” (Kill the dragonborn! Kill the fated slayer! Kill the bear of the east!)

2.       “Voth fus Zu’u jaariliin hin laas” (With force I will protect your life)

3.       “Funtaan!” (I have failed!)

4.       “Meyz! Naak dii sil, dovahkiin! Mu kosliin gein!” (Come! Eat my soul, Dragonborn! We will be one!)

5.       “Zu’u naakliin hein qethhe!” (I will eat your bones!) -- Need the retain "your" here as it is an insult directed at specific individuals

by scrptrx
October 7, 2013

Grammar/trans check, please :D thanks!

1.       “Krii dovahkiin! Krii prodah kriid! Krii kodaavsejer!” (Kill the dragonborn! Kill the fated slayer! Kill the bear of the east!)

2.       “Voth fus Zu’u jaariliin hin laas” (With force I will protect your life)

3.       “Funtaan!” (I have failed!)

4.       “Meyz! Naak dii sil, dovahkiin! Mu kosliin gein!” (Come! Eat my soul, Dragonborn! We will be one!)

5.       “Zu’u naakliin hein qethhe!” (I will eat your bones!) -- Need the retain "your" here as it is an insult directed at specific individuals

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 7, 2013
  1. Correct!
  2. Correct, too!
  3. This works, "Zu'u funtaan" might be better if context isn't enough.
  4. *kosiin, "-liin" is only for verbs that end a vowel.
  5. Same as #4, "naakiin".

by paarthurnax
October 7, 2013
  1. Correct!
  2. Correct, too!
  3. This works, "Zu'u funtaan" might be better if context isn't enough.
  4. *kosiin, "-liin" is only for verbs that end a vowel.
  5. Same as #4, "naakiin".

scrptrx
October 8, 2013

Thanks!

by scrptrx
October 8, 2013

Thanks!

<<  <  1  2 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.