A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Bachelor Thesis: Skyrim's Dragon Language

<<  <  1  2  3 

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 24, 2014
Ahmuldein

Where can we buy this?

It's not available for purchase, krosis!

by paarthurnax
July 24, 2014
Ahmuldein

Where can we buy this?

It's not available for purchase, krosis!

yaropolk
July 26, 2014

um. and the digital version is? e-book or a Word document office?

by yaropolk
July 26, 2014

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 26, 2014
yaropolk

There isn't a digital version available either, sorry!

by paarthurnax
July 26, 2014
yaropolk

There isn't a digital version available either, sorry!

yaropolk
July 26, 2014

so.  Ð²Ñ‹ замутили клевую штуку! where and how it can be read? or you have not yet come to the final version?

by yaropolk
July 26, 2014

so.  Ð²Ñ‹ замутили клевую штуку! where and how it can be read? or you have not yet come to the final version?

In Sil Ah
October 27, 2014

KROSIS F4 NECRO
but if i only discovered this earlier i could have helped since my home language is Afrikaans

by In Sil Ah
October 27, 2014

KROSIS F4 NECRO
but if i only discovered this earlier i could have helped since my home language is Afrikaans

Ahmuldein
June 2, 2015

Is this up for purchase?

by Ahmuldein
June 2, 2015

Is this up for purchase?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 2, 2015
Ahmuldein

Is this up for purchase?

It isn't available for purchase, krosis.

by paarthurnax
June 2, 2015
Ahmuldein

Is this up for purchase?

It isn't available for purchase, krosis.

Orkar Isber
June 3, 2015

dunno if someone pointed that out already but 

I also can’t find similar sounding words or some that mean the same in other languages

i do. a lot. Some words are totally german with new meaning like Luft = face or Klo = sand

Some words are written differently but pronounced like german words as example dov - doof. There are more examples if you go for it like Aal etc.

Some words resemble older germanic versions like Iiz is basicly germanic - is, ice, eis - you get the ideal Icelamndic would be is. 

Soundwise - speaking as hobbylinguist - a lot of the words from dovahzul could indeed be german / nordic words from the sound pattern they use. Also some "typical germanic" sounds made it into dovahzul like the ch.

And for those unknowing - old english is a germanic language and back in the day old english and old high german were very close languages similiar to swedish and norwegian today. 

Ahhh good old times when germans knew how to pronounce th and english had grammar...

I thought so that Otar would maybe be a nordic name.

it has a nordic sound pattern. Similiar names / words would be Oskar, Orkar, Otter. 

However the name Otar derives from the turkish language and is still used in parts of turkey.

by Orkar Isber
June 3, 2015

dunno if someone pointed that out already but 

I also can’t find similar sounding words or some that mean the same in other languages

i do. a lot. Some words are totally german with new meaning like Luft = face or Klo = sand

Some words are written differently but pronounced like german words as example dov - doof. There are more examples if you go for it like Aal etc.

Some words resemble older germanic versions like Iiz is basicly germanic - is, ice, eis - you get the ideal Icelamndic would be is. 

Soundwise - speaking as hobbylinguist - a lot of the words from dovahzul could indeed be german / nordic words from the sound pattern they use. Also some "typical germanic" sounds made it into dovahzul like the ch.

And for those unknowing - old english is a germanic language and back in the day old english and old high german were very close languages similiar to swedish and norwegian today. 

Ahhh good old times when germans knew how to pronounce th and english had grammar...

I thought so that Otar would maybe be a nordic name.

it has a nordic sound pattern. Similiar names / words would be Oskar, Orkar, Otter. 

However the name Otar derives from the turkish language and is still used in parts of turkey.

<<  <  1  2  3 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.