Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Question regardin Dovahkiinne ^^

Orkar Isber
August 21, 2015

1) So if i understood it correctly a Dovahkiin is essentially a dragon born into a human body? So he has the soul? essence? spirit? of a dragon and a human soul?body?

2) If that is the case why are they said to be more powerfull than dragons are? Is there any additional benefit of being human?

If it is the case, wouldnt that mean that a Dovahkiin is essentially just as immortal as dragons are and could be brought back at full strength?

3) If they master a dragons knowledge by absorbing his soul - and therefore learn all he knew...wouldnt that mean that absorbing 1 dragon soul should 

a) unlock all Thuum the dragon knew immediately

b) isnt it strange that Skyrims Dovahkiin doesnt speak Dovahzul after absorbing his first dragon soul?^^

4) What happens with a dovahkiin if he dies? His soul belongs to Akatosh if i am not mistaken so would he ascend to Aetherius anyway? 

by Orkar Isber
August 21, 2015

1) So if i understood it correctly a Dovahkiin is essentially a dragon born into a human body? So he has the soul? essence? spirit? of a dragon and a human soul?body?

2) If that is the case why are they said to be more powerfull than dragons are? Is there any additional benefit of being human?

If it is the case, wouldnt that mean that a Dovahkiin is essentially just as immortal as dragons are and could be brought back at full strength?

3) If they master a dragons knowledge by absorbing his soul - and therefore learn all he knew...wouldnt that mean that absorbing 1 dragon soul should 

a) unlock all Thuum the dragon knew immediately

b) isnt it strange that Skyrims Dovahkiin doesnt speak Dovahzul after absorbing his first dragon soul?^^

4) What happens with a dovahkiin if he dies? His soul belongs to Akatosh if i am not mistaken so would he ascend to Aetherius anyway? 

1) The Dovahkiin is the soul of a dragon residing in a person's body (not just human).

2) I suppose it's because dragons aren't able to absorb souls.

3) Good question

4) Yes

by Liis
August 21, 2015
1) The Dovahkiin is the soul of a dragon residing in a person's body (not just human).

2) I suppose it's because dragons aren't able to absorb souls.

3) Good question

4) Yes

Megalica
August 28, 2015

1.) Dovahkiin does mean "Dragonborn" but when you only look at the surface of the game, you will not understand completely. You need to understand all TES games completely, and the lore behind them. I refer you to my theory on who Dragonborn actually is. Also, being dragonborn does not give dragonborn all powers of a dragon. It's like a demigod, in a sense. 

2.) They are more powerful because they were blessed with Dragon blood by St. Alessia"Akatosh, looking with pity upon the plight of men, drew precious blood from his own heart, and blessed St. Alessia with this blood of Dragons, and made a Covenant that so long as Alessia's generations were true to the dragon blood, Akatosh would endeavor to seal tight the Gates of Oblivion, and to deny the armies of daedra and undead to their enemies, the Daedra-loving Ayleids."

3.) a) The dragonborn absorbs the soul, not the knowledge. It can use that power to give strength to any shout

b) It is assumed the Dragonborn does know Dovahzuul, considering they shout in Dovahzuul, and even though Alduin assumes the Dragonborn doesn't, that is the opinion of the NPC's personality. And as I previously stated, the soul is strength, not knowledge. Knowledge comes from word walls.

4.) Dragonborn will be honored in Sovngarde among the other heroes. 

by Megalica
August 28, 2015

1.) Dovahkiin does mean "Dragonborn" but when you only look at the surface of the game, you will not understand completely. You need to understand all TES games completely, and the lore behind them. I refer you to my theory on who Dragonborn actually is. Also, being dragonborn does not give dragonborn all powers of a dragon. It's like a demigod, in a sense. 

2.) They are more powerful because they were blessed with Dragon blood by St. Alessia"Akatosh, looking with pity upon the plight of men, drew precious blood from his own heart, and blessed St. Alessia with this blood of Dragons, and made a Covenant that so long as Alessia's generations were true to the dragon blood, Akatosh would endeavor to seal tight the Gates of Oblivion, and to deny the armies of daedra and undead to their enemies, the Daedra-loving Ayleids."

3.) a) The dragonborn absorbs the soul, not the knowledge. It can use that power to give strength to any shout

b) It is assumed the Dragonborn does know Dovahzuul, considering they shout in Dovahzuul, and even though Alduin assumes the Dragonborn doesn't, that is the opinion of the NPC's personality. And as I previously stated, the soul is strength, not knowledge. Knowledge comes from word walls.

4.) Dragonborn will be honored in Sovngarde among the other heroes. 

Orkar Isber
August 30, 2015

Gotta disagree.

1) Dragonborn seem to actually have MORE skills than dragons do. Just look at Miraak who created 4 word shouts not to mention they have access to "normal" magic of all kinds which dragons seemingly dont have.

2) I fear you mix something up here. St. Alessias Bloodline was the first Dynasty of Cyrodils human kings. But NONE of them were Dragonborn not a single one of them: Tiber Septim who founded the biiig empire was Dragonborn but not from Alessias blood - and his descendants also have not been Dragonborn.

Miraak, the first Dragonborn lived milennia before Alessia was even born and while the last Dragonborn could in theory be a descendant of Alessia that is never even hinted at. Being Dragonborn and being a descendant of Alessia are 2 totally different things.

3)a)  Actually it was said that by absorbing the Soul the dragonborn would ALSO absorb all the dragon ever knew and learned, kinda fusing with the dragon.

b) No it is not. if the Dragonborn would understand Dovahzul Alduin would not mock him for NOT speaking the Dragontongue at all. Also they would have translated the subtitles to english and not leave them in Dovahzul.

Shouting in a language you dont know is actually no problem at all. Ever been to some Karaoke?^^

4) And how do you come to this conclusion?

by Orkar Isber
August 30, 2015

Gotta disagree.

1) Dragonborn seem to actually have MORE skills than dragons do. Just look at Miraak who created 4 word shouts not to mention they have access to "normal" magic of all kinds which dragons seemingly dont have.

2) I fear you mix something up here. St. Alessias Bloodline was the first Dynasty of Cyrodils human kings. But NONE of them were Dragonborn not a single one of them: Tiber Septim who founded the biiig empire was Dragonborn but not from Alessias blood - and his descendants also have not been Dragonborn.

Miraak, the first Dragonborn lived milennia before Alessia was even born and while the last Dragonborn could in theory be a descendant of Alessia that is never even hinted at. Being Dragonborn and being a descendant of Alessia are 2 totally different things.

3)a)  Actually it was said that by absorbing the Soul the dragonborn would ALSO absorb all the dragon ever knew and learned, kinda fusing with the dragon.

b) No it is not. if the Dragonborn would understand Dovahzul Alduin would not mock him for NOT speaking the Dragontongue at all. Also they would have translated the subtitles to english and not leave them in Dovahzul.

Shouting in a language you dont know is actually no problem at all. Ever been to some Karaoke?^^

4) And how do you come to this conclusion?

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.