Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Extended Essay

pootine
December 25, 2016

Hi everyone! I was thinking of writing a 4000 word essay exploring something about the dragon language, but I have been doubting if there is enough information about it? Do you guys think that this is doable? And do you guys have any ideas about what my idea to explore could be? Thank you so much. 

by pootine
December 25, 2016

Hi everyone! I was thinking of writing a 4000 word essay exploring something about the dragon language, but I have been doubting if there is enough information about it? Do you guys think that this is doable? And do you guys have any ideas about what my idea to explore could be? Thank you so much. 

Frinmulaar
December 25, 2016

First, of course, will you write in a universe where dragons speak the language natively, or in ours? That is, fiction or nonfiction?

If the first, you could adopt the perspective of a Tamriel scholar and draw from the lore available on thu'um and the related concept CHIM.

If the second, you could consider it a case study in conlangs as pop culture memes.

by Frinmulaar
December 25, 2016

First, of course, will you write in a universe where dragons speak the language natively, or in ours? That is, fiction or nonfiction?

If the first, you could adopt the perspective of a Tamriel scholar and draw from the lore available on thu'um and the related concept CHIM.

If the second, you could consider it a case study in conlangs as pop culture memes.

Robyn Hood
January 2, 2017
There's enough known depending on what you wish to discuss.
by Robyn Hood
January 2, 2017
There's enough known depending on what you wish to discuss.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.