Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hin/Him or Ziil?

Folviik
December 31, 2016

Drem yol lok.

I was reading the guide to learn the basics of the language and a doubt invades me when I read that the possessive of Hi (You) is Hin/Him.

Suddenly, I remembered the famous phrase said by Alduin:

Ziil gro dovah ulse.

Which means "Your soul is tied/bounded to me eternally". In that case, "Ziil" will be a Pronoun    (You = Zii) with a Suffix showing possession (Your = L).

Can I write it like "Hin/Him gro Dovah ulse."? Won't be it the correct form?

Obviously that who's better to speak the dragon language than themselves? But... the question is: Which one of these terms are correct? Or which is the most used in an informal speech?

(I'd like to mention that my english isn't so good. Sorry about that.)

Hope you guys can answer my doubt. Many thanks in advance!

by Folviik
December 31, 2016

Drem yol lok.

I was reading the guide to learn the basics of the language and a doubt invades me when I read that the possessive of Hi (You) is Hin/Him.

Suddenly, I remembered the famous phrase said by Alduin:

Ziil gro dovah ulse.

Which means "Your soul is tied/bounded to me eternally". In that case, "Ziil" will be a Pronoun    (You = Zii) with a Suffix showing possession (Your = L).

Can I write it like "Hin/Him gro Dovah ulse."? Won't be it the correct form?

Obviously that who's better to speak the dragon language than themselves? But... the question is: Which one of these terms are correct? Or which is the most used in an informal speech?

(I'd like to mention that my english isn't so good. Sorry about that.)

Hope you guys can answer my doubt. Many thanks in advance!

Liis
Administrator
December 31, 2016
"Zii" means "Soul", whereas the suffix "-iil" indicates second person singular possessive "your ___". The suffix combines with "Zii" to make "Ziil" for phonetic and visual ease as opposed to "Ziiiil". Thus, "Ziil" only means "Your soul".
You can also use "Hin" in place of the suffix to make "Hin zii gro dovah ulse".

See here, here and here.
by Liis
December 31, 2016
"Zii" means "Soul", whereas the suffix "-iil" indicates second person singular possessive "your ___". The suffix combines with "Zii" to make "Ziil" for phonetic and visual ease as opposed to "Ziiiil". Thus, "Ziil" only means "Your soul".

You can also use "Hin" in place of the suffix to make "Hin zii gro dovah ulse".

See here, here and here.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.