Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fiction Songwriting/Poetry to Dovahzul

1  2 > >>  

Veyd Sahvoz
September 26, 2017

I know this has been a topic previously discussed likely, no matter. I just had the idea myself a few days ago while listening to the song "Misty Mountains" from The Hobbit. Long story short, I did a mini projct on my lonesome in an attempt to translate the song to Dovahzul and then sing it. Which, under Meynag's suggestion, led me to make this for those of you who like this sort of thing to come congregate and even help each other out with these translation projects. Here is as best of translation I did for the first 7 verses of Misty Mountains (yes I used legacy dovahzul): "Misty Moutains (Translation)"

by Veyd Sahvoz
September 26, 2017

I know this has been a topic previously discussed likely, no matter. I just had the idea myself a few days ago while listening to the song "Misty Mountains" from The Hobbit. Long story short, I did a mini projct on my lonesome in an attempt to translate the song to Dovahzul and then sing it. Which, under Meynag's suggestion, led me to make this for those of you who like this sort of thing to come congregate and even help each other out with these translation projects. Here is as best of translation I did for the first 7 verses of Misty Mountains (yes I used legacy dovahzul): "Misty Moutains (Translation)"

Hahdremro
September 26, 2017

This is relevant to my interests! I'll start thinking of what to try translating, although I'd be more interested in challenging myself to translate songs into canon Dovahzul, if possible. There might be some rather unexpected songs that can be translated into Dovahzul. I'm eyeing up the Pokemon theme now, and I think I'll take a stab at it in a bit just for fun. Most of the words look like they'd be in the canon dictionary, so it shouldn't be too terribly difficult. Plus, it's worth the nerd cred to say that I translated the Pokemon theme into Dovahzul!

by Hahdremro
September 26, 2017

This is relevant to my interests! I'll start thinking of what to try translating, although I'd be more interested in challenging myself to translate songs into canon Dovahzul, if possible. There might be some rather unexpected songs that can be translated into Dovahzul. I'm eyeing up the Pokemon theme now, and I think I'll take a stab at it in a bit just for fun. Most of the words look like they'd be in the canon dictionary, so it shouldn't be too terribly difficult. Plus, it's worth the nerd cred to say that I translated the Pokemon theme into Dovahzul!

Hahdremro
September 26, 2017
Hahdremro

Done! Not completely confident in this at the moment, but I think I managed to get most of the ideas across decently in fully canon Dovahzul. I also decided to use the phonetic spelling of "Pokemon," since that's something Dovahzul does. If I ever decide for some reason to improve upon this, I could probably cut down on a few of the unneccesary words, like "fin" here and there.

Anyway, here's the Pokemon theme song translated to Dovahzul.

Zu’u paar kos fin rinik pruzaan
Med nid alun lost
Wah horvutah niin los vahzah krongrahi
Wah aak los dii miiraad

Zu’u fen wundun zeim lein
Tovit gut ahrk pah
Enook Pokaymon wah mindoran
Fin suleyk ko

Pokaymon, fent horvutah pah
Los hi ahrk zu’u
Mindok los dii dez
Pokaymon, hi los dii pruzaan fahdon
Ko aan krein mu fent spaan

Sil vahzah
Un ahkrin aak zeim
Hi aak zu’u ahrk zu’u aak hi
Fent horvutah pah

Enook krif nau miiraad
Voth ahkrin zu’u grind
Zu’u grah enook sul
Fah kron vahzah golt

Bo voth zu’u, fin tiid los vahzah
Ni los aan bron pruzaan
Ol brod mu kron grah
Lost pah tiid kos mu paar

Los hi ahrk zu’u
Mindok los dii dez

Sil vahzah
Un ahkrin aak zeim
Fent horvutah pah

(I still don't know why exactly I went to the trouble of doing all of this, but I find it entertaining enough that I'll post it anyway.)

by Hahdremro
September 26, 2017
Hahdremro

Done! Not completely confident in this at the moment, but I think I managed to get most of the ideas across decently in fully canon Dovahzul. I also decided to use the phonetic spelling of "Pokemon," since that's something Dovahzul does. If I ever decide for some reason to improve upon this, I could probably cut down on a few of the unneccesary words, like "fin" here and there.

Anyway, here's the Pokemon theme song translated to Dovahzul.

Zu’u paar kos fin rinik pruzaan
Med nid alun lost
Wah horvutah niin los vahzah krongrahi
Wah aak los dii miiraad

Zu’u fen wundun zeim lein
Tovit gut ahrk pah
Enook Pokaymon wah mindoran
Fin suleyk ko

Los hi ahrk zu’u
Mindok los dii dez

Sil vahzah
Un ahkrin aak zeim
Fent horvutah pah

Enook krif nau miiraad
Voth ahkrin zu’u grind
Zu’u grah enook sul
Fah kron vahzah golt

Bo voth zu’u, fin tiid los vahzah
Ni los aan bron pruzaan
Ol brod mu kron grah
Lost pah tiid kos mu paar

Los hi ahrk zu’u
Mindok los dii dez

Sil vahzah
Un ahkrin aak zeim
Fent horvutah pah

(I still don't know why exactly I went to the trouble of doing all of this, but I find it entertaining enough that I'll post it anyway.)

Midknight
September 26, 2017

Those are both awesome (and saved to .txt files for future reference!)

Wasn't sure if you wanted a super-long song added, so I went and figured out this google docs thing.

Yes, it's a parody of The Dragonborn Comes. Good song.

It may, ah, reference ponies. Bored, insomniac me got started and then had to continue until it was finished. Be nice.

Link: Faal Vingzahkey Bo

Translation corrections welcome!

Because geinzahkey = unicorn, I decided the following made sense based on that historic precedent:

Viingkey = pegasus

Viingzahkey = alicorn

by Midknight
September 26, 2017

Wasn't sure if you wanted a super-long song added, so I went and figured out this google docs thing.

It may, ah, reference ponies. Bored, insomniac me got started and then had to continue until it was finished. Be nice.

Link: Faal Vingzahkey Bo

Because geinzahkey = unicorn, I decided the following made sense based on that historic precedent:

Viingkey = pegasus

Viingzahkey = alicorn

Hahdremro
September 26, 2017
Midknight

Faal Vingzahkey Bo

Viingkey = pegasus

Viingzahkey = alicorn

Found the brony, guys!

Jokes aside, this has some nice parts and some parts that are somewhat questionable. Phoneticizing Canterlot to "Canterlaht" is good, and some of the words you've constructed are pretty decent. For the most part, this is a well translated English-to-Dovahzul piece.

However, I have to say that you could benefit from a quick refresher course in compound words. "Viingkey" works fine for unicorn, but "geinzahkey" is questionable, considering that zah means "finite/finiteness." I see the issue, considering that zahk is "horn," but there needs to be a distinction between that and zah. I'd recommend keeping the extra K in there, just to be safe. (Geinzahkkey looks pretty weird, though. Perhaps keysezahk would fit better?) Other words, like "Hilfeid," would likely be improved by using se to cut down on possible confusion. (Fiedsehil, perhaps?)

My only other note is that you capitalized "Voice" in your fourth stanza, but used "zul" rather than "Thu'um" in the Dovahzul translation. Did you mean a speaking voice, or the power of Shouts? I'm fairly certain that the original song meant the latter, considering that it's "a Voice wielding power/Of the ancient Nord art." You may wish to change that to better convey your meaning. Your use of zaan in the refrain is correct according to the source song, so you should keep that rather than changing it to Thu'um. (Just thought I'd clarify that so you don't change it.)

That's about everything I could think of at the moment. I'm no fan of MLP, and although I have plenty of friends who are involved in that community, I generally do my best to avoid it, since it's just not for me. That said, I've always had a sincere appreciation for the creative side of the fandom, and you've certainly exemplified that here. Props for that.

Edit: Just checked, apparently geinzahkey does translate to "unicorn" in the Legacy translator already. I'm not crazy about it, personally, considering the points I listed above, but if it's already in the system then I guess there's not much to do about it now.

by Hahdremro
September 26, 2017
Midknight

Faal Vingzahkey Bo

Viingkey = pegasus

Viingzahkey = alicorn

Found the brony, guys!

Jokes aside, this has some nice parts and some parts that are somewhat questionable. Phoneticizing Canterlot to "Canterlaht" is good, and some of the words you've constructed are pretty decent. For the most part, this is a well translated English-to-Dovahzul piece.

However, I have to say that you could benefit from a quick refresher course in compound words. "Viingkey" works fine for unicorn, but "geinzahkey" is questionable, considering that zah means "finite/finiteness." I see the issue, considering that zahk is "horn," but there needs to be a distinction between that and zah. I'd recommend keeping the extra K in there, just to be safe. (Geinzahkkey looks pretty weird, though. Perhaps keysezahk would fit better?) Other words, like "Hilfeid," would likely be improved by using se to cut down on possible confusion. (Fiedsehil, perhaps?)

My only other note is that you capitalized "Voice" in your fourth stanza, but used "zul" rather than "Thu'um" in the Dovahzul translation. Did you mean a speaking voice, or the power of Shouts? I'm fairly certain that the original song meant the latter, considering that it's "a Voice wielding power/Of the ancient Nord art." You may wish to change that to better convey your meaning. Your use of zaan in the refrain is correct according to the source song, so you should keep that rather than changing it to Thu'um. (Just thought I'd clarify that so you don't change it.)

That's about everything I could think of at the moment. I'm no fan of MLP, and although I have plenty of friends who are involved in that community, I generally do my best to avoid it, since it's just not for me. That said, I've always had a sincere appreciation for the creative side of the fandom, and you've certainly exemplified that here. Props for that.

Edit: Just checked, apparently geinzahkey does translate to "unicorn" in the Legacy translator already. I'm not crazy about it, personally, considering the points I listed above, but if it's already in the system then I guess there's not much to do about it now.

Midknight
September 26, 2017
Hahdremro

Found the brony, guys!

(snip: amazingly through comments)

I generally do my best to avoid it, since it's just not for me. That said, I've always had a sincere appreciation for the creative side of the fandom, and you've certainly exemplified that here. Props for that.

Thanks for the feedback! And no worries. I felt the same way for a long time;  Even once I gave it a chance and accepted the label, find I'm I'm more of a fan of the writing around it, myself. Some scarily powerful stories there.

Geinzahkey is actually listed in the "4th edition print dictionary" pdf document that I found, not just the legacy dictionary. Is there yet another dictionary I ought to be using, instead? I stopped using the translator after I found the dictionary pdf, since it gives helpful hints like "this is not used as x" or pointing to synonyms/antonyms.

I didn't understand geinzahkey either until after I realized what key was, and went looking for the rest, saw zahk and realized they dropped a k.

Then I snickered at how literal it was. So I followed the precedent   for the wing horses. ;)

edit: Though, obviously, I skipped the "one" part; no need to cripple the poor thing. And yes, I do still find myself wondering where that lost K went.

Hilfeid is meant to be a joke/easter egg. One of the princesses is called "heartflank" by fans, because she's got a giant heart tattooed on her rump. I'd never use it outside of that specific usage, so I figure it works since it's just a nickname for one character?

I never even considered using thu'um there! I should have, as it makes sense as the in-universe equivalent. She does tend to blow mortal eardrums out using it... Definitely making that change. Thanks for that!

by Midknight
September 26, 2017
Hahdremro

Found the brony, guys!

(snip: amazingly through comments)

I generally do my best to avoid it, since it's just not for me. That said, I've always had a sincere appreciation for the creative side of the fandom, and you've certainly exemplified that here. Props for that.

Thanks for the feedback! And no worries. I felt the same way for a long time;  Even once I gave it a chance and accepted the label, find I'm I'm more of a fan of the writing around it, myself. Some scarily powerful stories there.

Geinzahkey is actually listed in the "4th edition print dictionary" pdf document that I found, not just the legacy dictionary. Is there yet another dictionary I ought to be using, instead? I stopped using the translator after I found the dictionary pdf, since it gives helpful hints like "this is not used as x" or pointing to synonyms/antonyms.

I didn't understand geinzahkey either until after I realized what key was, and went looking for the rest, saw zahk and realized they dropped a k.

Then I snickered at how literal it was. So I followed the precedent   for the wing horses. ;)

edit: Though, obviously, I skipped the "one" part; no need to cripple the poor thing. And yes, I do still find myself wondering where that lost K went.

Hilfeid is meant to be a joke/easter egg. One of the princesses is called "heartflank" by fans, because she's got a giant heart tattooed on her rump. I'd never use it outside of that specific usage, so I figure it works since it's just a nickname for one character?

I never even considered using thu'um there! I should have, as it makes sense as the in-universe equivalent. She does tend to blow mortal eardrums out using it... Definitely making that change. Thanks for that!

Veyd Sahvoz
September 26, 2017

I admire the constructive criticism and aiding of lyric creation you two have going, it fits in perfectly to the intention of this thread. Not to mention they are both the kind of things I support for things like this. Both songs are good in my opinion, neat as well. Though to actually sing them... Now that's a story for another day.

by Veyd Sahvoz
September 26, 2017

I admire the constructive criticism and aiding of lyric creation you two have going, it fits in perfectly to the intention of this thread. Not to mention they are both the kind of things I support for things like this. Both songs are good in my opinion, neat as well. Though to actually sing them... Now that's a story for another day.

Midknight
September 28, 2017

I made a few more changes, corrected a couple things, adjusted a couple tenses, and added the dragon rune transcription to the end of the pdf. Yay for embedded fonts!

The existing link should work. If any glaring errors leap out, [fun zu'u]

by Midknight
September 28, 2017

I made a few more changes, corrected a couple things, adjusted a couple tenses, and added the dragon rune transcription to the end of the pdf. Yay for embedded fonts!

The existing link should work. If any glaring errors leap out, [fun zu'u]

Midknight
September 28, 2017

Here's another translated song: The Song of Durin. Last one from me for a bit. ;)

Link: The Song of Durin

by Midknight
September 28, 2017

Here's another translated song: The Song of Durin. Last one from me for a bit. ;)

Hahdremro
September 29, 2017
Midknight

Pruzah pel. The phoneticization of some of the proper nouns is somewhat questionable, but other than that it seems fine to me.

It's good to see Tolkien's work translated into other fantasy languages! This is making me want to reread the LotR trilogy again. My memory is a bit fuzzy about what other songs are in the series, but whatever is there would likely be fun to translate.

by Hahdremro
September 29, 2017
Midknight

Pruzah pel. The phoneticization of some of the proper nouns is somewhat questionable, but other than that it seems fine to me.

It's good to see Tolkien's work translated into other fantasy languages! This is making me want to reread the LotR trilogy again. My memory is a bit fuzzy about what other songs are in the series, but whatever is there would likely be fun to translate.

Midknight
September 29, 2017
Hahdremro

I'll let you do "That's What Bilbo Baggins Hates" or whatever it's titled. :P

I'll have you know phoneticizing those vowels is haaaard when none of them matches up exactly with how it's said. And the closest on a couple of them was only a "sometimes it sounds like x but mostly not" example. ^_^

by Midknight
September 29, 2017
Hahdremro

I'll let you do "That's What Bilbo Baggins Hates" or whatever it's titled. :P

I'll have you know phoneticizing those vowels is haaaard when none of them matches up exactly with how it's said. And the closest on a couple of them was only a "sometimes it sounds like x but mostly not" example. ^_^

Zinrahzul
October 21, 2017

Oh boy, here goes the Dovahzul version of Dan Bull's "Epic Skyrim Rap." My goal for this one was to match syllables and rhyming pairs as much as possible, to keep to the original flow of the rap. When ideas couldn't be expressed in Dovahzul, I went for the closest Dovahzul equivalent I could think of.? Here's the lyrics in Dovahzul:

Lyrics:

Dovahzul Sahrot Keizaal Tinvaak

Wo dreh tinvaak?
Dovahkiin.
Dovahhe? Nunon sahlo kiin.
Zu'u vey niin med aan tuz tol zu'u dreh vaaz zeim nahkipi.
Dii thu'um rein ven los zok brit wah koor evgir.
Hi ni fen sahvot miin; Zu'u med faal "Thurnehviir do Qoth do Siil."
Aan zahkrii ko gein haal ahrk fah spaani aan lah do qah.
Zu'u fin laat do faal dovahkiinne.
Nid med zu'u, zeymahu; ful, nu ru fah vonun!

Fod koraav diiv,
Ruz zu'u meyz fah hi,
Ahrk zu'u fen funt ni,?
Med stin rovittaas Sheogorath mey, bo nol hahdrimi!
Bo zeim veni,
Zeim tahroviin,
Ahrk strun do diin,
Erei tu nos dwiin deyto hin qoth do pindaar.
Zu'u fonaar erei hi deyto aan - Zu'u qahnaarin!?
Naal suleyk do brom zu'u draal Talos.
Hi fen pah ofaal kip do fin tuz do dii rot!
Zu'u dreh krif pogaan hokoronne.
Zu'u nos niin voth pogaan do zunne.
Nust lun dii fus - dun do veyda meyz fah aak zu'u.
Voth fus do pah di vokras sikke.
Duni lovaas med aan sonaan
Dii vokrii vokriiha pah do haasi!

Fin zoori,
Fin sodi,
Lovaasi,
Qostiid pelaan ko pogaan lok kopraanne detoaan voth
Pah sahlo muz tol alun dreh unta kriist wah?
zu'u, ful zu'u dreh oblaan niin voth vol ahrk maar nin!

Zu'u joorro werid,
Vahza, hil losaan sahlo-fiik do zok hahdrimi!

Sahlo tinvaak tol hi dreh pruzaan zu'u ahst kos sahrot kendov?
Bein-Su rot meyiil!
Los ofan duni - ni nunon komeyt yol wah lovaasi, nuz wah luftiil!
Ahrk faal kelle los sikke kolos zu'u lost pelaan do maar dinokiil!

Zu'u los reyliik do dov,?Kod do qah med maartaas jot.

Zu'u dovahkiin,?Do pah reyliik,?Ahrk hi??Oblivion.

---

Script (for the actual audio):

https://pastebin.com/GWxcXVjf

(I'll edit in/post the more formatted lyrics and translation later)

Edit: revised the lyrics.

?

by Zinrahzul
October 21, 2017

Oh boy, here goes the Dovahzul version of Dan Bull's "Epic Skyrim Rap." My goal for this one was to match syllables and rhyming pairs as much as possible, to keep to the original flow of the rap. When ideas couldn't be expressed in Dovahzul, I went for the closest Dovahzul equivalent I could think of.? Here's the lyrics in Dovahzul:

Lyrics:

Dovahzul Sahrot Keizaal Tinvaak

Wo dreh tinvaak?
Dovahkiin.
Dovahhe? Nunon sahlo kiin.
Zu'u vey niin med aan tuz tol zu'u dreh vaaz zeim nahkipi.
Dii thu'um rein ven los zok brit wah koor evgir.
Hi ni fen sahvot miin; Zu'u med faal "Thurnehviir do Qoth do Siil."
Aan zahkrii ko gein haal ahrk fah spaani aan lah do qah.
Zu'u fin laat do faal dovahkiinne.
Nid med zu'u, zeymahu; ful, nu ru fah vonun!

Fod koraav diiv,
Ruz zu'u meyz fah hi,
Ahrk zu'u fen funt ni,?
Med stin rovittaas Sheogorath mey, bo nol hahdrimi!
Bo zeim veni,
Zeim tahroviin,
Ahrk strun do diin,
Erei tu nos dwiin deyto hin qoth do pindaar.
Zu'u fonaar erei hi deyto aan - Zu'u qahnaarin!?
Naal suleyk do brom zu'u draal Talos.
Hi fen pah ofaal kip do fin tuz do dii rot!
Zu'u dreh krif pogaan hokoronne.
Zu'u nos niin voth pogaan do zunne.
Nust lun dii fus - dun do veyda meyz fah aak zu'u.
Voth fus do pah di vokras sikke.
Duni lovaas med aan sonaan
Dii vokrii vokriiha pah do haasi!

Fin zoori,
Fin sodi,
Lovaasi,
Qostiid pelaan ko pogaan lok kopraanne detoaan voth
Pah sahlo muz tol alun dreh unta kriist wah?
zu'u, ful zu'u dreh oblaan niin voth vol ahrk maar nin!

Zu'u joorro werid,
Vahza, hil losaan sahlo-fiik do zok hahdrimi!

Sahlo tinvaak tol hi dreh pruzaan zu'u ahst kos sahrot kendov?
Bein-Su rot meyiil!
Los ofan duni - ni nunon komeyt yol wah lovaasi, nuz wah luftiil!
Ahrk faal kelle los sikke kolos zu'u lost pelaan do maar dinokiil!

Zu'u los reyliik do dov,?Kod do qah med maartaas jot.

Zu'u dovahkiin,?Do pah reyliik,?Ahrk hi??Oblivion.

---

Script (for the actual audio):

https://pastebin.com/GWxcXVjf

(I'll edit in/post the more formatted lyrics and translation later)

Edit: revised the lyrics.

?

Hahdremro
October 23, 2017

Alright, for my latest sodselovaas, I decided to translate the lyrics of "Ghost" by Mystery Skulls. But I kept the same meter and rhyme scheme. And to make it even better, I used only words from the Canon dictionary! It was tricky, and I had to paraphrase a bit, but all in all I think I conveyed all the concepts and emotions decently enough. I had to get a bit flexible with the number of syllables that zu'u makes, but that seems to be a thing when writing songs in Dovahzul, so I'm not too worried about it. I'm pretty proud of this, and may record this as a cover of the song once I'm more confident in my Dovahzul pronunciation.

For anyone who hasn't heard the song "Ghosts," there's an amazing fanmade animated music video for it here, and I can't recommend it highly enough. The animation is mesmerizing, the feel of the whole video is brilliant, and it's just plain satisfying to watch and listen to it. The lyrics alone can be found here.

Anyway, here's my translation!

Fah fin lein aal kos zu’u krii,

Los pruzah fah voth fahdoni.

Mindok zu’u ni unt daar tiid,

Ni los med pogaas.

Zu’u los med gaaf ni sahrot,

Ahrk daar drun zu’u zok rahgot.

Mindok zu’u fen gahvon nu.

Daar tiid…

Daar tiid zu’u aal nunon feim.

Hon wah zu’u ruz zu’u oblaan.

Zu’u zul gein, ful unt dahmaan.

Koraav med ko dii hahnu,

Ni los med pogaas.

Zu’u ni laan wah kos dilon.

Ruth, los hi zok hokoron.

Aal ni kos aan gein vahzah,

Daar tiid…

by Hahdremro
October 23, 2017

Alright, for my latest sodselovaas, I decided to translate the lyrics of "Ghost" by Mystery Skulls. But I kept the same meter and rhyme scheme. And to make it even better, I used only words from the Canon dictionary! It was tricky, and I had to paraphrase a bit, but all in all I think I conveyed all the concepts and emotions decently enough. I had to get a bit flexible with the number of syllables that zu'u makes, but that seems to be a thing when writing songs in Dovahzul, so I'm not too worried about it. I'm pretty proud of this, and may record this as a cover of the song once I'm more confident in my Dovahzul pronunciation.

For anyone who hasn't heard the song "Ghosts," there's an amazing fanmade animated music video for it here, and I can't recommend it highly enough. The animation is mesmerizing, the feel of the whole video is brilliant, and it's just plain satisfying to watch and listen to it. The lyrics alone can be found here.

Anyway, here's my translation!

Fah fin lein aal kos zu’u krii,

Los pruzah fah voth fahdoni.

Mindok zu’u ni unt daar tiid,

Ni los med pogaas.

Zu’u los med gaaf ni sahrot,

Ahrk daar drun zu’u zok rahgot.

Mindok zu’u fen gahvon nu.

Daar tiid…

Hon wah zu’u ruz zu’u oblaan.

Zu’u zul gein, ful unt dahmaan.

Koraav med ko dii hahnu,

Ni los med pogaas.

Zu’u ni laan wah kos dilon.

Ruth, los hi zok hokoron.

Aal ni kos aan gein vahzah,

Daar tiid…

Zinrahzul
November 6, 2017

Ok, driving home after work, I saw the clouds of a storm and was inspired to write this Dovahzul specific song. It's written for the piano. It has some good stormy music behind it, which I'll eventually record, but here are the lyrics and chords:

https://pastebin.com/PQk78vh

Instrument part (piano): https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/strunbahqo-instrumental/s-MJEY3

"Strun Bah Qo" Nol Zinrahzul, thuum.org

Dm

Hon fin strun

Bahselok

Qo mah tum

Mul zok lot

Fm

Motaad su

Rahgol tu

Viintaas rii

Do sahrot

Dm

Reyliik do lein

Bb       Asus  A

Hon norok rein!

(Verse 2)

Hon fin wuld

Nahselok

Kest vokul

Bein rahgot

Motaad nu

Pah do Vu

Daanro zii

Meyz wah mu

Ful Taazokaan

Hon norok zaan!

(Ending)

Dm

Fun wah Lok

C

Meyz nu vah

Bb

Koor nu het

Asus A

Mu oblaan...

by Zinrahzul
November 6, 2017

Ok, driving home after work, I saw the clouds of a storm and was inspired to write this Dovahzul specific song. It's written for the piano. It has some good stormy music behind it, which I'll eventually record, but here are the lyrics and chords:

https://pastebin.com/PQk78vh

Instrument part (piano): https://soundcloud.com/user-870884150/strunbahqo-instrumental/s-MJEY3

"Strun Bah Qo" Nol Zinrahzul, thuum.org

Dm

Hon fin strun

Bahselok

Qo mah tum

Mul zok lot

Fm

Motaad su

Rahgol tu

Viintaas rii

Do sahrot

Dm

Reyliik do lein

Bb       Asus  A

Hon norok rein!

(Verse 2)

Hon fin wuld

Nahselok

Kest vokul

Bein rahgot

Motaad nu

Pah do Vu

Daanro zii

Meyz wah mu

Ful Taazokaan

Hon norok zaan!

(Ending)

Dm

Fun wah Lok

C

Meyz nu vah

Bb

Koor nu het

Asus A

Mu oblaan...

Hahdremro
November 9, 2017
Zinrahzul

(great song)

*Viintaas, not viintas. That tripped me up for a second.

Rinik pruzah lovaas! Los aan tey do vowuth evgirre ahrk suleykaar do lok. You were able to conjure quite a vivid image with so few words. Ni los mal sod, nuz los lot. Your words are minimalistic, but highly effective. Well done.

I can't listen to the piano accompaniment at the moment, but I will try to check it out when I get home today. I'm excited to see how it sounds!

by Hahdremro
November 9, 2017
Zinrahzul

(great song)

*Viintaas, not viintas. That tripped me up for a second.

Rinik pruzah lovaas! Los aan tey do vowuth evgirre ahrk suleykaar do lok. You were able to conjure quite a vivid image with so few words. Ni los mal sod, nuz los lot. Your words are minimalistic, but highly effective. Well done.

I can't listen to the piano accompaniment at the moment, but I will try to check it out when I get home today. I'm excited to see how it sounds!

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.