Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Duolingo Course

AMSirce
October 27, 2017
Has anyone ever considered the option of attempting to create a Dovahzul course for Duolingo? They're already trying to put together a couple fictional language courses last I checked(Klingon and High Valerian). I think they may be open to introducing a course for Dovahzul to English with enough fan support and contributors, which would then help pave the way for translating and making courses of Dovahzul into other languages. I'm trying to learn Esperanto through Duolingo and I've noticed that I'm getting better with learning and recalling better even though I don't keep at it as consistently as I would like. Just throwing the possibility out there since it may also help grow the fan base and exposure.
by AMSirce
October 27, 2017
Has anyone ever considered the option of attempting to create a Dovahzul course for Duolingo? They're already trying to put together a couple fictional language courses last I checked(Klingon and High Valerian). I think they may be open to introducing a course for Dovahzul to English with enough fan support and contributors, which would then help pave the way for translating and making courses of Dovahzul into other languages. I'm trying to learn Esperanto through Duolingo and I've noticed that I'm getting better with learning and recalling better even though I don't keep at it as consistently as I would like. Just throwing the possibility out there since it may also help grow the fan base and exposure.

NordicLight
February 15, 2018
AMSirce

I suggest that there must be some minimum of words to exist, so then one can add a language thrtr. I mean, it can be in Dualingo rules. High Valyrian has about 1 thousand words, if I'm not mistaken, as it's fictional language and it still was created by actual languist David Peterson. To accomplish one would need a lot of education and experience and Peterson did pretty impressive and awesome work. If Bethesda could make the same amount of work back in that times, when they were working on Skyrim, if would be another case.

by NordicLight
February 15, 2018
AMSirce

I suggest that there must be some minimum of words to exist, so then one can add a language thrtr. I mean, it can be in Dualingo rules. High Valyrian has about 1 thousand words, if I'm not mistaken, as it's fictional language and it still was created by actual languist David Peterson. To accomplish one would need a lot of education and experience and Peterson did pretty impressive and awesome work. If Bethesda could make the same amount of work back in that times, when they were working on Skyrim, if would be another case.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.