January 4, 2018

This post has been deleted.

by Fronlaasfrin
January 4, 2018

This post has been deleted.

scrptrx
January 4, 2018

Out of curiosity what led you to affix Do to Kiin

Anyway, as far as I know there isn't a known way to say "again" or "re-". 

There is however canon Vokiin "unmake" so sure there could definitely be a way to say "make again".

(It should also be iterated here that one should make clear if you're theorizing a non- or semi-canon word or discovered a canon word, and always use references).

by scrptrx
January 4, 2018

There is however canon Vokiin "unmake" so sure there could definitely be a way to say "make again".

(It should also be iterated here that one should make clear if you're theorizing a non- or semi-canon word or discovered a canon word, and always use references).

scrptrx
January 4, 2018

Hmm, as an indirect translation of "reborn" one might rather use something with the root Diil "undead/undeath". 

Diilaan could for instance translate into roughly "made undead"... I think?

A stretch would be Vodiil, "un-undead". :)

by scrptrx
January 4, 2018

Hmm, as an indirect translation of "reborn" one might rather use something with the root Diil "undead/undeath". 

Diilaan could for instance translate into roughly "made undead"... I think?

A stretch would be Vodiil, "un-undead". :)

Fronlaasfrin
January 4, 2018
scrptrx

Someone told me in the question board that "Do" is the closest prefix to "re", so I made "dokiin" from that.

by Fronlaasfrin
January 4, 2018
scrptrx

Someone told me in the question board that "Do" is the closest prefix to "re", so I made "dokiin" from that.

scrptrx
January 4, 2018

Frinmulaar said that if "re" was an abbreviation for "regarding" then yes that would be Do but we're not talking about that, we're talking about re- prefix = "again" for which there is no translation.

by scrptrx
January 4, 2018

Frinmulaar said that if "re" was an abbreviation for "regarding" then yes that would be Do but we're not talking about that, we're talking about re- prefix = "again" for which there is no translation.

Hahdremro
January 5, 2018

I personally would translate it to vowuth kiin, "new (un-old) birth." Vokiin and vodiil imply completely different concepts from rebirth, and the prefix "do-" isn't canon, so "dokiin" doesn't really work with the canonical rules of the language.

by Hahdremro
January 5, 2018

I personally would translate it to vowuth kiin, "new (un-old) birth." Vokiin and vodiil imply completely different concepts from rebirth, and the prefix "do-" isn't canon, so "dokiin" doesn't really work with the canonical rules of the language.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.