Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

DLC's

1  2 > >>  

Fronlaasfrin
February 8, 2018

This space is for additional DLC's you would add if you could to Skyrim or any ES game. You can also put anything you would add or change to an existing DLC.

I'll start. A DLC I would add would be for Cyrodiil. This DLC would add a small explorable area of Cyrodiil, and maybe even add some new quests and items and enemies. I would also add to the Dragonborn DLC that you could become a were-bear.

by Fronlaasfrin
February 8, 2018

This space is for additional DLC's you would add if you could to Skyrim or any ES game. You can also put anything you would add or change to an existing DLC.

I'll start. A DLC I would add would be for Cyrodiil. This DLC would add a small explorable area of Cyrodiil, and maybe even add some new quests and items and enemies. I would also add to the Dragonborn DLC that you could become a were-bear.

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 8, 2018

Keep an eye on Skyblivion, I think that's been making good progress lately.

by paarthurnax
February 8, 2018

Sildolok
February 9, 2018

I would create a DLC that explores the ancient Atmora, that would make for a very interesting experience. I'm pretty sure the devs behind Skyblivion are making a mod for that as well.

by Sildolok
February 9, 2018

I would create a DLC that explores the ancient Atmora, that would make for a very interesting experience. I'm pretty sure the devs behind Skyblivion are making a mod for that as well.

thurdoal
February 15, 2018

I would make a DLC that tells the story of lus, the true animal god. Having you enter his dungeon while he is asking if akatosh is entering because of your dragon blood.

I do need to say that I'm a big fan of the Skyblivion DLC because i love both games and nothing can be better than combining the two of them.

by thurdoal
February 15, 2018

I would make a DLC that tells the story of lus, the true animal god. Having you enter his dungeon while he is asking if akatosh is entering because of your dragon blood.

I do need to say that I'm a big fan of the Skyblivion DLC because i love both games and nothing can be better than combining the two of them.

Vuldovyol
February 26, 2018

I would make a DLC that would allow you to explore all of Nirn. Needless to say, it would be enormous.

by Vuldovyol
February 26, 2018

I would make a DLC that would allow you to explore all of Nirn. Needless to say, it would be enormous.

Kiirnolbormahu
February 26, 2018

I think a DLC with deeper insight into the falmer (maybe curing them), more dwarven stuff, and some new spells would be cool.

by Kiirnolbormahu
February 26, 2018

I think a DLC with deeper insight into the falmer (maybe curing them), more dwarven stuff, and some new spells would be cool.

Ruvgein
February 26, 2018
Beyond Skyrim:Bruma is Skyrim's 4th DLC, I don't care what anyone else says!
But no, the beyond Skyrim team is quite awesome with everything they're trying to make.

If I had to make a brand new thing, though, it would be on the Nordic Gods. Skyrim had a big lore cop-out when they made all the Nords use the Imperial Pantheon. So I'd want a DLC to explore what changed to make them so Imperialized, and how the bandits still worship the Old Gods, and that's part of why they've been kicked from the cities.
by Ruvgein
February 26, 2018
Beyond Skyrim:Bruma is Skyrim's 4th DLC, I don't care what anyone else says!

But no, the beyond Skyrim team is quite awesome with everything they're trying to make.

If I had to make a brand new thing, though, it would be on the Nordic Gods. Skyrim had a big lore cop-out when they made all the Nords use the Imperial Pantheon. So I'd want a DLC to explore what changed to make them so Imperialized, and how the bandits still worship the Old Gods, and that's part of why they've been kicked from the cities.

Hahdremro
February 27, 2018
Ruvgein
Beyond Skyrim:Bruma is Skyrim's 4th DLC, I don't care what anyone else says! But no, the beyond Skyrim team is quite awesome with everything they're trying to make. If I had to make a brand new thing, though, it would be on the Nordic Gods. Skyrim had a big lore cop-out when they made all the Nords use the Imperial Pantheon. So I'd want a DLC to explore what changed to make them so Imperialized, and how the bandits still worship the Old Gods, and that's part of why they've been kicked from the cities.

Especially considering that the Nordic pantheon was essentially confirmed to be at least partially real during the main quest. Shor's bones, you even get to walk across Shor's bridge of bones! They fleshed out some parts of the Nordic mythology while somehow making it feel incongruous with the rest of the game's portrayal of religion. I was so disappointed by that!

by Hahdremro
February 27, 2018
Ruvgein
Beyond Skyrim:Bruma is Skyrim's 4th DLC, I don't care what anyone else says! But no, the beyond Skyrim team is quite awesome with everything they're trying to make. If I had to make a brand new thing, though, it would be on the Nordic Gods. Skyrim had a big lore cop-out when they made all the Nords use the Imperial Pantheon. So I'd want a DLC to explore what changed to make them so Imperialized, and how the bandits still worship the Old Gods, and that's part of why they've been kicked from the cities.

Especially considering that the Nordic pantheon was essentially confirmed to be at least partially real during the main quest. Shor's bones, you even get to walk across Shor's bridge of bones! They fleshed out some parts of the Nordic mythology while somehow making it feel incongruous with the rest of the game's portrayal of religion. I was so disappointed by that!

Ruvgein
March 4, 2018
Hahdremro

They did flesh out Nordic Kyne with the trials and other little things, but the rest of the time it seems they just went "Kyne is what they call Kynareth, so it's like the same thing". 

Falkreath isn't dedicated to Orkey, the College of Winterhold doesn't once say Jhunal's name, and I would pay money to see a group of people gathered around a shrine of Alduin, praying that the World-Eater isn't hungry today and he'll keep the dragons away from their farms.

by Ruvgein
March 4, 2018
Hahdremro

They did flesh out Nordic Kyne with the trials and other little things, but the rest of the time it seems they just went "Kyne is what they call Kynareth, so it's like the same thing". 

Falkreath isn't dedicated to Orkey, the College of Winterhold doesn't once say Jhunal's name, and I would pay money to see a group of people gathered around a shrine of Alduin, praying that the World-Eater isn't hungry today and he'll keep the dragons away from their farms.

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
Akavir. Fly to Akavir to find Nerevarine. Get caught up in the war between the Ka Po Tun and the Tsaesci. Save Nerevarine and the Akavirese humans from the Tsaesci or join Tsaesci. Meanwhile on the side you can visit the Tang Mo(conquer uf on Tsaesci's side) or go end the Kamal once and for all.
Meet the Ka Po Tun leader who became a dragon (kill him if on Tsaesci's side) and discover that he is also Dragonborn.
Okay now make this a mod already.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
Akavir. Fly to Akavir to find Nerevarine. Get caught up in the war between the Ka Po Tun and the Tsaesci. Save Nerevarine and the Akavirese humans from the Tsaesci or join Tsaesci. Meanwhile on the side you can visit the Tang Mo(conquer uf on Tsaesci's side) or go end the Kamal once and for all.

Meet the Ka Po Tun leader who became a dragon (kill him if on Tsaesci's side) and discover that he is also Dragonborn.

Okay now make this a mod already.

NikkoSossedov1
June 30, 2018
@thurdoal The Skyblivion mod doesn't combine the games. It recreates the Oblivion game with Skyrim's engine and graphics.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 30, 2018
@thurdoal The Skyblivion mod doesn't combine the games. It recreates the Oblivion game with Skyrim's engine and graphics.

NikkoSossedov1
June 30, 2018
@Sildolok Atmora is the Nirn equivalent of the Arctic. Without advanced technology, even the Nords wouldn't be able to survive there. I can't wait to see how a mod explains THAT.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 30, 2018
@Sildolok Atmora is the Nirn equivalent of the Arctic. Without advanced technology, even the Nords wouldn't be able to survive there. I can't wait to see how a mod explains THAT.

Rahzin
July 7, 2018

Seeing how Creation Club is being handled now shows that there is a clear need to provide worthwhile content for the existing games Skyrim and Fallout 4. Otherwise, when the next sandbox title comes out with Creation Club attached people are going to be pretty upset with the microtransactions for content they might as well wait for the mod version of.
Now that they have moved on and are working on their next title; Bethesda should allow the partnered developers and content creators to make New ‘Canon’ Expansion sized content for their games. 
Rather than releasing tiny bit sized like armor and weapons individually. Create an expansion that includes those kinds of items that can be obtained through quests and exploration. 
That kind of content is a far more tempting purchase than what is the equivalent of “Horse Armor”.

Since it is going to be awhile before we get another single player Elder Scrolls game why not continue the story of the Dragonborn? Skyrim was recently re-released on next gen consoles so expansion sized content would tap into that market who want more to do after they complete Skyrim and its existing DLCs. I see no reason why we cannot expand upon many existing storylines set up in Skyrim as well as add new ones. Especially now that Community made mods are doing just that.

Starting with this thread I am proposing ideas for Quest and Landmass based expansion content. 
So Idea one.

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Wrothgar

Wrothgar is a region in the North-Eastern Mountains of High Rock bordering on Skyrim.
The province was featured in a DLC for the Elder Scrolls Online, which takes place about 1000 years before the events of Skyrim (2011). 
It’s History that we know of is detailed here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Wrothgar

-What is happening in the Fourth Era?

What happens to Nova Orsinium during the fourth era has been left largely unknown, but it is revealed that the grand city of Orsinium was besieged by the Bretons and Redguards of the Iliac Bay. The Sack of Orsinium had not only consisted of the Orcish Militia, but the defense was conjoined with the Seventh Legion and the Fifteenth Legion. In the end, Nova Orsinium was besieged, and many Orcish citizens migrated to the east, in the province of Skyrim. Before this exchange, the only establish Orcish settlements in Skyrim was the legendary stronghold of Cradlecrush, which was destroyed a long time ago. Another was the Grand Chieftain of Yashnag gro-Yazgu which was razed by Hakkvild Yashnag-Slayer, the Jarl of Falkreath during the Interregnum. When the Orsimer moved into Skyrim, they established several strongholds including Dushnikh Yal in the Reach and Largashbur in the Rift. The Orcs were still considered citizens of the Empire but continued to live isolated lives from the city-folk of Skyrim.

-Why Wrothgar?
1. It is a province larger than Solstheim meaning it could offer near twice the amount of content of the Dragonborn DLC.

2. Much of the world-building and Art design has already been done and gives the Devs something to work with when establishing Wrothgar in the Fourth Era.

3. Wrothgar has unique enemies and fauna specific to that Province, making it stand out more from the previous add-ons

4. Wrothgar creates twists on things that we have seen before in Skyrim. Introducing the player to unique branches of the Dragon Cult, Reachmen, Dwarven ruins, Giants, etc. AND explores Orc culture along with their relationship to Skyrim.

Why not have a faction of Orcs, Reachmen, and Nords who turned to Dragon Worship and went to establish themselves in Wrothgar?

5. Wrothgar could also provide more build-up of the Altmeri Dominion conflict and their reach across Tamriel. As well as the Empires position there.

6. it could expand on the types of armors and weapons that players a can find and craft. So if you have the Orcish smithing perk you can now craft other types of Orc gear. Maybe introduce a new Dragoncult look players can use?

To Summarize: Skyrim is about the Nords and explores their culture, so Wrothgar provides familiar content to Skyrim as well as delivering something new, making it the perfect location for the Dragonborn to go to next.

by Rahzin
July 7, 2018

Seeing how Creation Club is being handled now shows that there is a clear need to provide worthwhile content for the existing games Skyrim and Fallout 4. Otherwise, when the next sandbox title comes out with Creation Club attached people are going to be pretty upset with the microtransactions for content they might as well wait for the mod version of.
Now that they have moved on and are working on their next title; Bethesda should allow the partnered developers and content creators to make New ‘Canon’ Expansion sized content for their games. 
Rather than releasing tiny bit sized like armor and weapons individually. Create an expansion that includes those kinds of items that can be obtained through quests and exploration. 
That kind of content is a far more tempting purchase than what is the equivalent of “Horse Armor”.

Since it is going to be awhile before we get another single player Elder Scrolls game why not continue the story of the Dragonborn? Skyrim was recently re-released on next gen consoles so expansion sized content would tap into that market who want more to do after they complete Skyrim and its existing DLCs. I see no reason why we cannot expand upon many existing storylines set up in Skyrim as well as add new ones. Especially now that Community made mods are doing just that.

Starting with this thread I am proposing ideas for Quest and Landmass based expansion content. 
So Idea one.

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Wrothgar

Wrothgar is a region in the North-Eastern Mountains of High Rock bordering on Skyrim.
The province was featured in a DLC for the Elder Scrolls Online, which takes place about 1000 years before the events of Skyrim (2011). 
It’s History that we know of is detailed here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Wrothgar

-What is happening in the Fourth Era?

What happens to Nova Orsinium during the fourth era has been left largely unknown, but it is revealed that the grand city of Orsinium was besieged by the Bretons and Redguards of the Iliac Bay. The Sack of Orsinium had not only consisted of the Orcish Militia, but the defense was conjoined with the Seventh Legion and the Fifteenth Legion. In the end, Nova Orsinium was besieged, and many Orcish citizens migrated to the east, in the province of Skyrim. Before this exchange, the only establish Orcish settlements in Skyrim was the legendary stronghold of Cradlecrush, which was destroyed a long time ago. Another was the Grand Chieftain of Yashnag gro-Yazgu which was razed by Hakkvild Yashnag-Slayer, the Jarl of Falkreath during the Interregnum. When the Orsimer moved into Skyrim, they established several strongholds including Dushnikh Yal in the Reach and Largashbur in the Rift. The Orcs were still considered citizens of the Empire but continued to live isolated lives from the city-folk of Skyrim.

-Why Wrothgar?
1. It is a province larger than Solstheim meaning it could offer near twice the amount of content of the Dragonborn DLC.

2. Much of the world-building and Art design has already been done and gives the Devs something to work with when establishing Wrothgar in the Fourth Era.

3. Wrothgar has unique enemies and fauna specific to that Province, making it stand out more from the previous add-ons

4. Wrothgar creates twists on things that we have seen before in Skyrim. Introducing the player to unique branches of the Dragon Cult, Reachmen, Dwarven ruins, Giants, etc. AND explores Orc culture along with their relationship to Skyrim.

Why not have a faction of Orcs, Reachmen, and Nords who turned to Dragon Worship and went to establish themselves in Wrothgar?

5. Wrothgar could also provide more build-up of the Altmeri Dominion conflict and their reach across Tamriel. As well as the Empires position there.

6. it could expand on the types of armors and weapons that players a can find and craft. So if you have the Orcish smithing perk you can now craft other types of Orc gear. Maybe introduce a new Dragoncult look players can use?

To Summarize: Skyrim is about the Nords and explores their culture, so Wrothgar provides familiar content to Skyrim as well as delivering something new, making it the perfect location for the Dragonborn to go to next.

Johnnar
August 12, 2018
Seen a fanfiction of this but would be an idea.
1 . Dragonborn's soul is ... pretty spread out. Lots of powerful entities wanting their spirit when they die. A war one person war to survive and keep their soul? Like visit each plane of oblivion and wrestle the rights of your own soul.

At least join Kodlak in the battle to free our shield siblings from the hunting grounds of Hercine.

2. An expansion for stormcloaks line, visit Hammerfell and more of High Rock to forge alliances and possibly take the fight to the Thalmor.
by Johnnar
August 12, 2018
Seen a fanfiction of this but would be an idea.

1 . Dragonborn's soul is ... pretty spread out. Lots of powerful entities wanting their spirit when they die. A war one person war to survive and keep their soul? Like visit each plane of oblivion and wrestle the rights of your own soul.

At least join Kodlak in the battle to free our shield siblings from the hunting grounds of Hercine.

2. An expansion for stormcloaks line, visit Hammerfell and more of High Rock to forge alliances and possibly take the fight to the Thalmor.

[deleted]
September 14, 2018
paarthurnax

What's Skyblivion? I can't check the link because of my school's proxy.

by [deleted]
September 14, 2018
paarthurnax

What's Skyblivion? I can't check the link because of my school's proxy.

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.