A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Numbers

Crotha
November 16, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

I just went through the Numbers & Counting section and have a question:

The ordinals/adverbials for one/two/three are diist/ziist/siid and ont/zont/sont respectively - which is a nice touch (ont is canon, but still!) as there are also special ones in english (first and once/twice).

When using with ten ("-ahmen") -> the ordinal eleven is called "diistahmen", but the adverbial form is "geinidahmen".
Why using diist for first and for eleventh, but not ont for once AND for "eleventh time" ("ontahmen")

The same is true for ziist and siid / zont and sont
After that, everything's fine :)

Thanks

Edit #1: some corrections. And, I know I start a lot of threads, sry 'bout that :(

by Crotha
November 16, 2013

DREM YOL LOK

I just went through the Numbers & Counting section and have a question:

The ordinals/adverbials for one/two/three are diist/ziist/siid and ont/zont/sont respectively - which is a nice touch (ont is canon, but still!) as there are also special ones in english (first and once/twice).

When using with ten ("-ahmen") -> the ordinal eleven is called "diistahmen", but the adverbial form is "geinidahmen".
Why using diist for first and for eleventh, but not ont for once AND for "eleventh time" ("ontahmen")

The same is true for ziist and siid / zont and sont
After that, everything's fine :)

Thanks

Edit #1: some corrections. And, I know I start a lot of threads, sry 'bout that :(

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 16, 2013

It definitely would make more sense for it to start again at "ONTahmen", "ZONTahmen", etc. Thanks for bringing this up!

by paarthurnax
November 16, 2013

It definitely would make more sense for it to start again at "ONTahmen", "ZONTahmen", etc. Thanks for bringing this up!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.