Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fraud

Ynevele
May 21, 2023

Hi. I want to tell you what happened to me recently. I was moving into a new apartment and decided to hire a moving company to help me move my furniture and other things. I chose a company that offered a pretty low price, and I was very pleased that I was able to save some money. However, when it came time for the move, I was shocked when the company started adding extra charges for packing materials, using a ladder, and even for parking the car close to my house. I felt like I was being cheated and was forced to pay much more than I expected. In the end, when my shipment was delivered, I found that some of my belongings were damaged. I realize that choosing an unreliable moving company was my mistake, but it was a lesson for the future. I want to know what steps to take to avoid my situation in the future? Thank you.

by Ynevele
May 21, 2023

Hi. I want to tell you what happened to me recently. I was moving into a new apartment and decided to hire a moving company to help me move my furniture and other things. I chose a company that offered a pretty low price, and I was very pleased that I was able to save some money. However, when it came time for the move, I was shocked when the company started adding extra charges for packing materials, using a ladder, and even for parking the car close to my house. I felt like I was being cheated and was forced to pay much more than I expected. In the end, when my shipment was delivered, I found that some of my belongings were damaged. I realize that choosing an unreliable moving company was my mistake, but it was a lesson for the future. I want to know what steps to take to avoid my situation in the future? Thank you.

Keophao
May 21, 2023

Hi! To avoid similar "Moving Scams" in the future, I would recommend the following. First, look for reliable moving companies with good reputations that have a lot of positive feedback from customers. Second, make sure that the company has all the necessary licenses and insurance in case of possible damages during the transportation of your belongings. Thirdly, do not choose companies that offer very low prices, as this can be a signal that the company is trying to hide extra costs and shortcomings. Don't forget to read the contract and ask any questions you have before the deal is made. In short, do what you didn't do during your move.

by Keophao
May 21, 2023

Hi! To avoid similar "Moving Scams" in the future, I would recommend the following. First, look for reliable moving companies with good reputations that have a lot of positive feedback from customers. Second, make sure that the company has all the necessary licenses and insurance in case of possible damages during the transportation of your belongings. Thirdly, do not choose companies that offer very low prices, as this can be a signal that the company is trying to hide extra costs and shortcomings. Don't forget to read the contract and ask any questions you have before the deal is made. In short, do what you didn't do during your move.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.