Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

[T][SD] The Last Moments of Dovahkiin

zunhaalviik
January 4, 2014

Is this my legacy? To be here on this bed, dying while so many countless others have life turning journies and adventures? So many countless others... I've seen newborns grow into their adolescence, saying "Zu'u tinvaak fin sahkren se Dovah!" I had such an impact on them, that even the great Paarthurnax has come out of hiding and is once again teaching man to speak in the dragon tongue. The defeat of Aludin, talking to Gods and Goddesses... All too much for an old man like me!

by zunhaalviik
January 4, 2014

Is this my legacy? To be here on this bed, dying while so many countless others have life turning journies and adventures? So many countless others... I've seen newborns grow into their adolescence, saying "Zu'u tinvaak fin sahkren se Dovah!" I had such an impact on them, that even the great Paarthurnax has come out of hiding and is once again teaching man to speak in the dragon tongue. The defeat of Aludin, talking to Gods and Goddesses... All too much for an old man like me!

BanditNation
January 9, 2014

I remember when i fought Morokei, and became the Arch-Mage... it was a great moment in my life.

by BanditNation
January 9, 2014

I remember when i fought Morokei, and became the Arch-Mage... it was a great moment in my life.

Swamp337
January 14, 2014

All I've done, all those I've killed. Was it worth it? After Alduin, was there anything left? Of course there was. I've looked at life from as many angles as possible. From life, from death, and from beyond that. I've seen and killed things that could crush armies. And finally, I've settled down, gotten married, had children, and grew old. Now I lie here, old and dying. You ask me if it was worth it? All the blood, pain and years? I tell you, my friends, I swear it by the gods themselves that I regret nothing. 

by Swamp337
January 14, 2014

All I've done, all those I've killed. Was it worth it? After Alduin, was there anything left? Of course there was. I've looked at life from as many angles as possible. From life, from death, and from beyond that. I've seen and killed things that could crush armies. And finally, I've settled down, gotten married, had children, and grew old. Now I lie here, old and dying. You ask me if it was worth it? All the blood, pain and years? I tell you, my friends, I swear it by the gods themselves that I regret nothing. 

LastForerunner
February 14, 2014

My eyes are old and dull, scars crossing this way and that over my once violet scales that were as sharp as a Draugrs' sword, but now they are as grey as the clouds above. My feathers too were once bright, but now they are withered, yet still stand proud and tall like my soul does now. Yet I do not regret any moment of my life, from the time I saved Whiterun from a potential dovah attack to when I killed Alduin in the very depths of Sovengarde.

I remember all the joys and hopes of my life, all the sadness and happiness it has brought, and with it came so many adventures I had to write them all down in one little book over the years in order to even have a hope of remembering them. I remember fighting Miraak, cleansing the temple where the Dawnbreaker lay.. almost everyone knew my name. Swift-With-Arrows, Swift-With-Arrows, they would chant whenever they saw me. The children always used to pretend that they were me, fighing off undead foes or Trolls and the like. I always smiled when I saw them, like they did when they saw me. And sometimes even they would talk to me, asking me to tell them a story about how I happened to kill a fox for it's fur and then the exact same moment later an dovah swooped down from the skies chanting for my blood. And sometimes I would teach them a few words of the dovah langauge from my memory.

And now here I sit, in my home, where so many memories where I was a young, wreckless Argonian remain here despite my age. I sometimes find myself staring at the three dovah skulls in the trophy room. I was a dovah slayer back in my youthful days, rich and care-free.

You ask if I have any regrets?

That's the thing. I have none.

Drem kos voth hi.

by LastForerunner
February 14, 2014

My eyes are old and dull, scars crossing this way and that over my once violet scales that were as sharp as a Draugrs' sword, but now they are as grey as the clouds above. My feathers too were once bright, but now they are withered, yet still stand proud and tall like my soul does now. Yet I do not regret any moment of my life, from the time I saved Whiterun from a potential dovah attack to when I killed Alduin in the very depths of Sovengarde.

I remember all the joys and hopes of my life, all the sadness and happiness it has brought, and with it came so many adventures I had to write them all down in one little book over the years in order to even have a hope of remembering them. I remember fighting Miraak, cleansing the temple where the Dawnbreaker lay.. almost everyone knew my name. Swift-With-Arrows, Swift-With-Arrows, they would chant whenever they saw me. The children always used to pretend that they were me, fighing off undead foes or Trolls and the like. I always smiled when I saw them, like they did when they saw me. And sometimes even they would talk to me, asking me to tell them a story about how I happened to kill a fox for it's fur and then the exact same moment later an dovah swooped down from the skies chanting for my blood. And sometimes I would teach them a few words of the dovah langauge from my memory.

And now here I sit, in my home, where so many memories where I was a young, wreckless Argonian remain here despite my age. I sometimes find myself staring at the three dovah skulls in the trophy room. I was a dovah slayer back in my youthful days, rich and care-free.

You ask if I have any regrets?

That's the thing. I have none.

Drem kos voth hi.

BanditNation
February 26, 2014

So, here i am, ready to be sent to Sovngarde and meet my ancestors before me.  I have lived enough to fill a dozen lifetimes. I have Alduin's head on my wall, i have saved Nirn countless times, and have countless Dwemer artifacts and am the champion of each Daedric Prince. That is why I have no regrets, my friends.

by BanditNation
February 26, 2014

So, here i am, ready to be sent to Sovngarde and meet my ancestors before me.  I have lived enough to fill a dozen lifetimes. I have Alduin's head on my wall, i have saved Nirn countless times, and have countless Dwemer artifacts and am the champion of each Daedric Prince. That is why I have no regrets, my friends.

Grolahmul
May 16, 2015

So, this is it, I suppose... after all these years. Finally, my dinok (my death) is upon me, after countless times fighting dragons, countless years, and endless, ENDLESS Shouting. It's been so long since I came here, I don't even remember the name or race of the man who saved my life when I first came. So now, finally, I can... rest.

by Grolahmul
May 16, 2015

So, this is it, I suppose... after all these years. Finally, my dinok (my death) is upon me, after countless times fighting dragons, countless years, and endless, ENDLESS Shouting. It's been so long since I came here, I don't even remember the name or race of the man who saved my life when I first came. So now, finally, I can... rest.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.