Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fluent Dovahzul

perrydrums
January 20, 2014

I was wondering, how many people do actually speak fluent Dovahzul? Can you speak whole conversations, and know the most translations out of your head? Just interested to know :)

I dont speak it fluent myself, I'm learning it for a couple of weeks now.

by perrydrums
January 20, 2014

I was wondering, how many people do actually speak fluent Dovahzul? Can you speak whole conversations, and know the most translations out of your head? Just interested to know :)

I dont speak it fluent myself, I'm learning it for a couple of weeks now.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 20, 2014

I would like to think I'm fluent! I have an easier time reading it than speaking it. I think being fluent with a smaller vocabulary is better than being moderately knowledgeable with a larger vocabulary. Especially with the canon words - there aren't too many of them, and you can use them to express quite a bit.

by paarthurnax
January 20, 2014

I would like to think I'm fluent! I have an easier time reading it than speaking it. I think being fluent with a smaller vocabulary is better than being moderately knowledgeable with a larger vocabulary. Especially with the canon words - there aren't too many of them, and you can use them to express quite a bit.

Praandremkrah
January 25, 2014

It's like learning any language I suppose... Although you're ten times more badass if you can speak a language that no one else can! It takes time :)

by Praandremkrah
January 25, 2014

It's like learning any language I suppose... Although you're ten times more badass if you can speak a language that no one else can! It takes time :)

Loniizrath
January 28, 2014

I have a couple basic phrases memorized such as "hello," "goodbye," "how are you," "yes and no," ect. Enough for basic conversation. I can also interpret some written dovahzul (if you showed me a dovahzul paragraph, I could get a general understanding of what it meant).

by Loniizrath
January 28, 2014

I have a couple basic phrases memorized such as "hello," "goodbye," "how are you," "yes and no," ect. Enough for basic conversation. I can also interpret some written dovahzul (if you showed me a dovahzul paragraph, I could get a general understanding of what it meant).

perrydrums
January 29, 2014

Yeah I can totally read the word walls and just all the Dovahzul letters, writing them is a  little harder but I know most letters now:) Only the translations of words I don't know.. yet

by perrydrums
January 29, 2014

Yeah I can totally read the word walls and just all the Dovahzul letters, writing them is a  little harder but I know most letters now:) Only the translations of words I don't know.. yet

BanditNation
February 4, 2014

I know about as much as Toxikyle. But, I practice very hard, on account of my horrible memory, heh.

I also practice more on speaking the language rather than reading it.

by BanditNation
February 4, 2014

I know about as much as Toxikyle. But, I practice very hard, on account of my horrible memory, heh.

I also practice more on speaking the language rather than reading it.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.