Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"Skyrim Rags to Riches" (credits to CVG)

Classicc
January 28, 2014

I don't know whether or not any of you have heard of CVG, or his Youtube channel, however I certainly do advise you to check it out. I've stumbled upon him whilst looking for various Skyrim videos, and have found something very interesting. He created an episode entitled "Skyrim Rags To Riches": it tells the story of a poor peasant named Olaf, who begins his life shoeless and with only a roughspun tunic in his inventory, and ends up living in the most expensive manor in the whole game. Possessing absolutely no knowledge of magic, knowing very little about weaponry, and not being the kind of person to embark on mythical quests, Olaf has risen from being nobody to becoming a well-known rich man. Having followed his dream of becoming prosperous through to the very end, he has had to face both regret and loss, happiness and joy throughout his journey. 

I have watched all of the episodes, and I truly love them. There was even a continuation entitled "The Cabbage List", but let's just leave it at that.

Has anyone else seen it? Watching it, I have actually been inspired to create a character on the basis of Olaf: an honest man with very little ability and absolutely no interaction with quests or magic. Have any of you ever played using a character like that, imagining that Skyrim was almost like real life? 

by Classicc
January 28, 2014

I don't know whether or not any of you have heard of CVG, or his Youtube channel, however I certainly do advise you to check it out. I've stumbled upon him whilst looking for various Skyrim videos, and have found something very interesting. He created an episode entitled "Skyrim Rags To Riches": it tells the story of a poor peasant named Olaf, who begins his life shoeless and with only a roughspun tunic in his inventory, and ends up living in the most expensive manor in the whole game. Possessing absolutely no knowledge of magic, knowing very little about weaponry, and not being the kind of person to embark on mythical quests, Olaf has risen from being nobody to becoming a well-known rich man. Having followed his dream of becoming prosperous through to the very end, he has had to face both regret and loss, happiness and joy throughout his journey. 

I have watched all of the episodes, and I truly love them. There was even a continuation entitled "The Cabbage List", but let's just leave it at that.

Has anyone else seen it? Watching it, I have actually been inspired to create a character on the basis of Olaf: an honest man with very little ability and absolutely no interaction with quests or magic. Have any of you ever played using a character like that, imagining that Skyrim was almost like real life? 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.