Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Words of Power

Tinvaakfuntkoraavaan
March 21, 2014

I've recently dabbled a bit with Ultimate Magic for Pathfinder RPG and found the optional rule for "Words of Power" as a replacement or complement to usual spellcasting (this concept was already introduced in Ultimate Arcana for D6D 3.5, or possibly sooner).

Now as you've probably guessed by now, I got the idea to use Dovahzul words instead of the abstract concepts presented in the book. As a cherry on top, Words of Power in PFRPG function similarly to Rotmulaagge - a spell is constructed of 3 words (though the 3rd one is optional), and upon utterance they spring into effect.

Now for copyright reasons, I cannot copy-paste the entire list here, but it can be found here.

My idea is that we eventually pair each word on the list with a word in Dovahzul and make a combined list here for ease of referrence. Initially this will likely be just browsing the dictionary and pairing them, but eventually it will almost certainly lead to coining new words to fill the gaps.

If we succeed, I would also very much like to start an online session on this forum using the fruits of our labours. :)

by Tinvaakfuntkoraavaan
March 21, 2014

I've recently dabbled a bit with Ultimate Magic for Pathfinder RPG and found the optional rule for "Words of Power" as a replacement or complement to usual spellcasting (this concept was already introduced in Ultimate Arcana for D6D 3.5, or possibly sooner).

Now as you've probably guessed by now, I got the idea to use Dovahzul words instead of the abstract concepts presented in the book. As a cherry on top, Words of Power in PFRPG function similarly to Rotmulaagge - a spell is constructed of 3 words (though the 3rd one is optional), and upon utterance they spring into effect.

Now for copyright reasons, I cannot copy-paste the entire list here, but it can be found here.

My idea is that we eventually pair each word on the list with a word in Dovahzul and make a combined list here for ease of referrence. Initially this will likely be just browsing the dictionary and pairing them, but eventually it will almost certainly lead to coining new words to fill the gaps.

If we succeed, I would also very much like to start an online session on this forum using the fruits of our labours. :)

Tinvaakfuntkoraavaan
March 21, 2014

Here is the list we will be editing:

Target words:

Personal

Selected

Barrier

Burst

Cone

Line

Effect words:

(very numerous, to be added soon)

Meta words:

Boost

Careful

Distant

Irresistible

Lengthy

Manifestation

Mind Warp

Penetrating

Quiet

Simple

by Tinvaakfuntkoraavaan
March 21, 2014

Here is the list we will be editing:

Target words:

Personal

Selected

Barrier

Burst

Cone

Line

Effect words:

(very numerous, to be added soon)

Meta words:

Boost

Careful

Distant

Irresistible

Lengthy

Manifestation

Mind Warp

Penetrating

Quiet

Simple

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.