Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Used to be....

Lovaasseviing
August 18, 2014

Part 1

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee." The old guard, Dofinokaaz, told the traveler. He hoped this one would listen to his tales and take heed of his warnings.

"Really? That must have hurt!" The traveler looked into Dofino's eyes and searched for a sign of remorse for the loss of the adventure. He found only a smidgeon of what looked like doubt.

Dofinokaaz laughed, "In a way, yes. But being married isn't all that bad." Dofino returned the traveler's gaze and smiled. He saw surprize in the Khajiit's eyes.

"Being married? What does that have to do with being shot, sir?" The tiger-striped Kharjov's eyes grew wide with curiosity.

"Curiosity killed the khajiit, my friend. Do not ask too many questions, fo the recipient may become curious about you... your wealth..." He squinted up at the sun, "They may attack such an inquisitive stranger."

"Sir?"

"Yes, fine. Taking an arrow to the knee is another way to say married, friend. My leg has seen many a blade, but no arrows." He chuckled, "What brings you to Dawnstar, khajiit?

"I am here to solve a case of... insomnia... How have your dreams been treaating you?" Dofino frowned at the Kaaz. He was apparently not happy to share this information.

"I can see by your reaction that your dreams are as haunted as the rest of the nords of Dawnstar." Kharjov stated. "I have to be going. I bid you farewell."

As the khajiit walked away, Dofinokaaz wondered what kind of a traveler he had encountered. As a last show of good will to the khajiit, he shouted, "Be sure to look to the skies, Traveler. The dragons are still being seen."

"If I see any dragons here, friend, I will reduce them to bones."

by Lovaasseviing
August 18, 2014

Part 1

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee." The old guard, Dofinokaaz, told the traveler. He hoped this one would listen to his tales and take heed of his warnings.

"Really? That must have hurt!" The traveler looked into Dofino's eyes and searched for a sign of remorse for the loss of the adventure. He found only a smidgeon of what looked like doubt.

Dofinokaaz laughed, "In a way, yes. But being married isn't all that bad." Dofino returned the traveler's gaze and smiled. He saw surprize in the Khajiit's eyes.

"Being married? What does that have to do with being shot, sir?" The tiger-striped Kharjov's eyes grew wide with curiosity.

"Curiosity killed the khajiit, my friend. Do not ask too many questions, fo the recipient may become curious about you... your wealth..." He squinted up at the sun, "They may attack such an inquisitive stranger."

"Sir?"

"Yes, fine. Taking an arrow to the knee is another way to say married, friend. My leg has seen many a blade, but no arrows." He chuckled, "What brings you to Dawnstar, khajiit?

"I am here to solve a case of... insomnia... How have your dreams been treaating you?" Dofino frowned at the Kaaz. He was apparently not happy to share this information.

"I can see by your reaction that your dreams are as haunted as the rest of the nords of Dawnstar." Kharjov stated. "I have to be going. I bid you farewell."

As the khajiit walked away, Dofinokaaz wondered what kind of a traveler he had encountered. As a last show of good will to the khajiit, he shouted, "Be sure to look to the skies, Traveler. The dragons are still being seen."

"If I see any dragons here, friend, I will reduce them to bones."

hiith
August 21, 2014

Taking an arrow to the knee does NOT mean to marry. This was just a fabrication in an attempt to explain it, but has nothing to support it. Just sayin.

by hiith
August 21, 2014

Taking an arrow to the knee does NOT mean to marry. This was just a fabrication in an attempt to explain it, but has nothing to support it. Just sayin.

Mahlaansaviik
August 22, 2014
hiith

Yeah it would probably be taking an arrow to the wallet if it meant marriage.

by Mahlaansaviik
August 22, 2014
hiith

Yeah it would probably be taking an arrow to the wallet if it meant marriage.

Lovaasseviing
August 25, 2014
I know that. I'm using internet fill-ins to develop the characters. O30
If you hate it that much I'll just take it out....
by Lovaasseviing
August 25, 2014
I know that. I'm using internet fill-ins to develop the characters. O30

If you hate it that much I'll just take it out....

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.