Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

All the "adult"/"skimpy armor" mods inspired me...

VolburGrohiik
January 4, 2015

Haal-Liin.

"Hand Sex".

In other words, Masturbation.

(sorry if there's some other intended means of submitting new words - I couldn't find any.)

by VolburGrohiik
January 4, 2015

Haal-Liin.

"Hand Sex".

In other words, Masturbation.

(sorry if there's some other intended means of submitting new words - I couldn't find any.)

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 4, 2015

Funny you should mention. Let's just say there has been previous discussion about a translation for this word, and so far we've decided that it wouldn't exist in the dragon language.

You can submit new words by going to the user dropdown (on the right of the navigation) and clicking "Submit New Word."

by paarthurnax
January 4, 2015

Funny you should mention. Let's just say there has been previous discussion about a translation for this word, and so far we've decided that it wouldn't exist in the dragon language.

You can submit new words by going to the user dropdown (on the right of the navigation) and clicking "Submit New Word."

VolburGrohiik
January 4, 2015
paarthurnax

Well, I rather feel foolish, as I completely overlooked that. Whoops.

And while it might not canonically have a Dovahzul word, based on the site's dictionary having words for stuff like football and computers, that doesn't mean it can't still exist in a noncanon way.

by VolburGrohiik
January 4, 2015
paarthurnax

Well, I rather feel foolish, as I completely overlooked that. Whoops.

And while it might not canonically have a Dovahzul word, based on the site's dictionary having words for stuff like football and computers, that doesn't mean it can't still exist in a noncanon way.

DovahKiinZaan
January 4, 2015

Questions you should ask yourself:

Verb edition

• Can a dragon do it? 
  • Can we do it?
  • Would it exist in Skyrim?
  • Would the Dragons use the word?

I sincerely doubt that dragons would have any use for the word. 

by DovahKiinZaan
January 4, 2015

Verb edition

• Can a dragon do it? 
  • Can we do it?

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 4, 2015
DovahKiinZaan

Verb edition

• Can a dragon do it? 
  • Can we do it?

No, yes, yes, no. For these reasons, we decided to enter it in the dictionary but as a modern word.

by paarthurnax
January 4, 2015
DovahKiinZaan

Verb edition

• Can a dragon do it? 
  • Can we do it?

No, yes, yes, no. For these reasons, we decided to enter it in the dictionary but as a modern word.

DovahKiinZaan
January 4, 2015

Were them questions at all accurate?

by DovahKiinZaan
January 4, 2015

Were them questions at all accurate?

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 4, 2015

Those are actually really good questions to ask. I might include those in the Contributor's Manual.

by paarthurnax
January 4, 2015

Those are actually really good questions to ask. I might include those in the Contributor's Manual.

DovahKiinZaan
January 4, 2015

Thanks!

by DovahKiinZaan
January 4, 2015

Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.