Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Tattoo

WightyOfWhiterun
January 23, 2015

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo written in Dovahzul, but I'm struggling on deciding what to get.

Does anybody have any good ideas?

Note: I only want canon words.

Thanks guys.

by WightyOfWhiterun
January 23, 2015

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo written in Dovahzul, but I'm struggling on deciding what to get.

Does anybody have any good ideas?

Note: I only want canon words.

Thanks guys.

ZohiifZul
January 23, 2015

Well, what words describe you? Maybe get a tatoo in shout format Ex. Fus ro dah 

by ZohiifZul
January 23, 2015

Well, what words describe you? Maybe get a tatoo in shout format Ex. Fus ro dah 

Aaliizah
January 23, 2015

One of my favorite things to do is think about tattoo ideas. I myself have thought about getting a Dovahzul tattoo. :) I think, if you're going to get a tattoo of something in the dragon tongue, it should really mean something to you. I assume that Skyrim is very important to you, yes? And the language? Do you have a favorite dovah, or a particular quote from a dovah that moved you? If the quote is in English, you can always just translate it.

If I were to get a tattoo in the dragon language, I think it would be su'um ahrk morah. Breath and focus. I have ADD, so I struggle with silencing my mind. Often, when I'm having trouble, or if I'm feeling anxious or frazzled or getting too caught up in something, I stop and whisper it to myself and take a deep breath. Su'um ahrk morah. It really is beautiful. Great for meditation, if I were mentally capable of that.

Think of things like that. It doesn't have to be a dragon quote, or even a quote from Skyrim. It would be easier for me to help you if it were from Skyrim, though. ;)

by Aaliizah
January 23, 2015

One of my favorite things to do is think about tattoo ideas. I myself have thought about getting a Dovahzul tattoo. :) I think, if you're going to get a tattoo of something in the dragon tongue, it should really mean something to you. I assume that Skyrim is very important to you, yes? And the language? Do you have a favorite dovah, or a particular quote from a dovah that moved you? If the quote is in English, you can always just translate it.

If I were to get a tattoo in the dragon language, I think it would be su'um ahrk morah. Breath and focus. I have ADD, so I struggle with silencing my mind. Often, when I'm having trouble, or if I'm feeling anxious or frazzled or getting too caught up in something, I stop and whisper it to myself and take a deep breath. Su'um ahrk morah. It really is beautiful. Great for meditation, if I were mentally capable of that.

Think of things like that. It doesn't have to be a dragon quote, or even a quote from Skyrim. It would be easier for me to help you if it were from Skyrim, though. ;)

WightyOfWhiterun
January 26, 2015
Aaliizah

Quite like that idea, I was actually thinking of something like  "mulaag ahrk onikaan" (Strength and wisdom). Or perhaps something more like a Shout/Name, like "onik mul krin" (Wise Strong Courageous). I'm just giving it a long thought since it will be with me for the rest of my life.

by WightyOfWhiterun
January 26, 2015
Aaliizah

Quite like that idea, I was actually thinking of something like  "mulaag ahrk onikaan" (Strength and wisdom). Or perhaps something more like a Shout/Name, like "onik mul krin" (Wise Strong Courageous). I'm just giving it a long thought since it will be with me for the rest of my life.

Maakrindah
April 24, 2015

@WightyOfWhiterun   It's a very good idea to think on it over a decent period of time. One thing you may want to try out is to use henna so you can see what it looks like on your body for a while. Henna takes a couple of weeks to wear off, so it gives you a taste of the sense of permanence that comes with having a tattoo. As for the Dovahzul, you could approach it by translating an existing motto or verse you feel strongly towards, such as "strength from wisdom" or "Om Mani Padme Hum", etc. (Although I do not expect Sanskrit to translate well to Dovahzul.) I like the idea of a personalized Shout, but for a tattoo, you may benefit from periodically revisiting the intended tattoo every few months for a while in order to see if you end up wanting to revise it. I do not believe a few weeks is long enough to make a permanent choice on wording.

by Maakrindah
April 24, 2015

@WightyOfWhiterun   It's a very good idea to think on it over a decent period of time. One thing you may want to try out is to use henna so you can see what it looks like on your body for a while. Henna takes a couple of weeks to wear off, so it gives you a taste of the sense of permanence that comes with having a tattoo. As for the Dovahzul, you could approach it by translating an existing motto or verse you feel strongly towards, such as "strength from wisdom" or "Om Mani Padme Hum", etc. (Although I do not expect Sanskrit to translate well to Dovahzul.) I like the idea of a personalized Shout, but for a tattoo, you may benefit from periodically revisiting the intended tattoo every few months for a while in order to see if you end up wanting to revise it. I do not believe a few weeks is long enough to make a permanent choice on wording.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.