Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon Rune Alphabet Song

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

The Dragon Runes are aesthetically awesome and have interesting lore. They can also pose a challenge to students of the language. In my experience, rhythmic learning exercises can helpful with learning a new series/set of linguistic components (such as foreign alphabets, noun declension and verb conjugations).

This Song lists all of the runes in order with an "arkh"/"and" between the pinultimate and ultimate runes. I do not have decent recording equipment, however I do plan to create a video/PowerPoint presentation with the Dragon Runes as a memorization aid/method (similar to flash cards). 

Because I cannot produce decent music for it myself, I welcome assistance in that area. I have uploaded a basic recording of me singing it to the following url (* Due to poor quality, I suggest low volume and no earphones):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3aj6KpYwcndQXhtY09XTVRtOFU&authuser=0

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

The Dragon Runes are aesthetically awesome and have interesting lore. They can also pose a challenge to students of the language. In my experience, rhythmic learning exercises can helpful with learning a new series/set of linguistic components (such as foreign alphabets, noun declension and verb conjugations).

This Song lists all of the runes in order with an "arkh"/"and" between the pinultimate and ultimate runes. I do not have decent recording equipment, however I do plan to create a video/PowerPoint presentation with the Dragon Runes as a memorization aid/method (similar to flash cards). 

Because I cannot produce decent music for it myself, I welcome assistance in that area. I have uploaded a basic recording of me singing it to the following url (* Due to poor quality, I suggest low volume and no earphones):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3aj6KpYwcndQXhtY09XTVRtOFU&authuser=0

The Last DragonBorn
May 5, 2015

This is really helpful, kogaan!

by The Last DragonBorn
May 5, 2015

This is really helpful, kogaan!

Maakrindah
June 2, 2015
I will be posting a better version of the alphabet song possibly entitled "Dovahsik Lovaas". Now that my pronunciation is more fluent, I can produce a slower (largo) version and a faster (allegro) version and probably have the corresponding PowerPoint posted within the next month or two. Many things going on, and this has been on backburner for a while. Once I am done, I plan to submit it to the Library.
by Maakrindah
June 2, 2015
I will be posting a better version of the alphabet song possibly entitled "Dovahsik Lovaas". Now that my pronunciation is more fluent, I can produce a slower (largo) version and a faster (allegro) version and probably have the corresponding PowerPoint posted within the next month or two. Many things going on, and this has been on backburner for a while. Once I am done, I plan to submit it to the Library.

I have also posted this on the song lyric thread, but I wanted to keep my recordings together, so here's another one. This is a song that my mother used to sing to me when I was a child. I have translated literally in the 《 》, and all verses that fit the rhythm are not in 《 》 .

☆☆☆☆☆ 'You Are My Sunshine' ☆☆☆☆☆

You are my sunshine

Hi los dii shulkun

My only Sunshine

Dii nunon shulkun

You make me happy

Hi mur zey unaz

When skies are grey *('stormy')

Fod lokke strunus

You'll never know, Dear,

Hi mindokiini

《How much I love you         》

《Vir pogaas zu'u lokaal hin 》

How I love you

Vir zu'u lokaal hin

《Please don't take my sunshine away  》

《Lig dreh kuzni dii Shulkun hond         》

Stay with me Sunshine, my beloved

Fey voth zey Shulkun dii Lokalaat

Here is the recording, first in english, then in dovahzul. Enjoy!!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwIpbzx0Q8FobmRXVmpSeEFhQ1U/edit?usp=docslist_api

by Maakrindah
June 2, 2015
I have also posted this on the song lyric thread, but I wanted to keep my recordings together, so here's another one. This is a song that my mother used to sing to me when I was a child. I have translated literally in the 《 》, and all verses that fit the rhythm are not in 《 》 .

☆☆☆☆☆ 'You Are My Sunshine' ☆☆☆☆☆

You are my sunshine

Hi los dii shulkun

My only Sunshine

Dii nunon shulkun

You make me happy

Hi mur zey unaz

When skies are grey *('stormy')

Fod lokke strunus

You'll never know, Dear,

Hi mindokiini

《How much I love you         》

《Vir pogaas zu'u lokaal hin 》

How I love you

Vir zu'u lokaal hin

《Please don't take my sunshine away  》

《Lig dreh kuzni dii Shulkun hond         》

Stay with me Sunshine, my beloved

Fey voth zey Shulkun dii Lokalaat

Here is the recording, first in english, then in dovahzul. Enjoy!!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwIpbzx0Q8FobmRXVmpSeEFhQ1U/edit?usp=docslist_api

I'm considering using :

Please don't take my sunshine far away

Lig dreh kuzni dii Shulkun gut hond

Instead of the current ending.

by Maakrindah
June 2, 2015
I'm considering using :

Please don't take my sunshine far away

Lig dreh kuzni dii Shulkun gut hond

Instead of the current ending.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.