A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Community Chat

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 6, 2013

Drem yol lok pah,

Unfortunately the community chat had to be removed.  For the time being, feel free to use this space for the same purposes.  I'm working on solutions to the problem and will hopefully have something soon.

by paarthurnax
July 6, 2013

Drem yol lok pah,

Unfortunately the community chat had to be removed.  For the time being, feel free to use this space for the same purposes.  I'm working on solutions to the problem and will hopefully have something soon.

Aloktaas Krein
July 6, 2013

What was the cause of the heavy traffic, Paarthurnax?

by Aloktaas Krein
July 6, 2013

What was the cause of the heavy traffic, Paarthurnax?

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 6, 2013

There was a Tumblr post featuring the work Chevvy had done that gained some attention, and the site was linked on it.  The traffic gained from that wasn't significantly higher than usual, but was strangely enough to throw the server's resources over the edge.  Here's a graph.

Most of the problem comes to some stupid web design decisions, so lesson learned.  What I think I might do is let the site go chatless a couple days, and then reinstitute a smerter version of it; one that doesn't show up for people who aren't logged in, and doesn't refresh as often.

by paarthurnax
July 6, 2013

There was a Tumblr post featuring the work Chevvy had done that gained some attention, and the site was linked on it.  The traffic gained from that wasn't significantly higher than usual, but was strangely enough to throw the server's resources over the edge.  Here's a graph.

Most of the problem comes to some stupid web design decisions, so lesson learned.  What I think I might do is let the site go chatless a couple days, and then reinstitute a smerter version of it; one that doesn't show up for people who aren't logged in, and doesn't refresh as often.

Aloktaas Krein
July 6, 2013

Jeez, look at that graph!  Chevvy's Bachelor Thesis was too good!

by Aloktaas Krein
July 6, 2013

Jeez, look at that graph!  Chevvy's Bachelor Thesis was too good!

Chevvy
July 7, 2013

oh my… lol my work caused that? but nice to see it drew attention to some people to take a look at this page :D

by Chevvy
July 7, 2013

oh my… lol my work caused that? but nice to see it drew attention to some people to take a look at this page :D

Aloktaas Krein
July 7, 2013

Paarthurnax, is there anyway you could put up the online bar atleast? I feel blind!

by Aloktaas Krein
July 7, 2013

Paarthurnax, is there anyway you could put up the online bar atleast? I feel blind!

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 7, 2013
Alokvon Krein

With the permission of the web host I've uploaded a new version of the chat.  I'm going to be monitoring the resources carefully, but hopefully this chat will stay in line.

by paarthurnax
July 7, 2013
Alokvon Krein

With the permission of the web host I've uploaded a new version of the chat.  I'm going to be monitoring the resources carefully, but hopefully this chat will stay in line.

YolGoraagKaazah
January 7, 2016

Can we revive this?

by YolGoraagKaazah
January 7, 2016

Can we revive this?

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 7, 2016
YolGoraagSingh

Can we revive this?

Too soon, Yol.

by paarthurnax
January 7, 2016
YolGoraagSingh

Can we revive this?

Too soon, Yol.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.