A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Phrase of the Day!

1  2 > >>  

ASTORKiT
July 10, 2013

Howdy folks!

I'm going to be posting a new phrase once a day, before 5pm GMT (schedule allowing, of course!).

The language is lacking in general all purpose phrases, everyday phrases, and situational specific phrases, so I aim to fill that gap and provide one every day for the forseeable future.

Let's get right to it, shall we?

Today's phrase (10/072013) is:

Drehni uful do nii.

DREHNI UFUL DO N3.

Don't worry about it.

If someone's done something minor, or slightly annoying, or even something accidental (like knocking over your mug), you can reply with this. After all, it's no big deal right?

​

by ASTORKiT
July 10, 2013

Howdy folks!

I'm going to be posting a new phrase once a day, before 5pm GMT (schedule allowing, of course!).

The language is lacking in general all purpose phrases, everyday phrases, and situational specific phrases, so I aim to fill that gap and provide one every day for the forseeable future.

Let's get right to it, shall we?

Today's phrase (10/072013) is:

Drehni uful do nii.

DREHNI UFUL DO N3.

Don't worry about it.

If someone's done something minor, or slightly annoying, or even something accidental (like knocking over your mug), you can reply with this. After all, it's no big deal right?

​

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 10, 2013

If there was a like feature I would like this.  Subscribed!

by paarthurnax
July 10, 2013

If there was a like feature I would like this.  Subscribed!

ASTORKiT
July 11, 2013

It's that time again! Today's phrase for 11/07/2013 is:

Krod, zu'u lost ahst tozein.

KROD, Z5 LOST 4ST TOZ2N.

Sorry, it was my mistake. (Lit. Sorry, I was at fault.)

You know when you need to apologise to somebody for a wrongdoing, or you've forgotten a book that belongs to your friend? You can say to them, Krod zu'u lost ahst tozein. It helps to have a humble tone to your voice when you apologise.

by ASTORKiT
July 11, 2013

It's that time again! Today's phrase for 11/07/2013 is:

Krod, zu'u lost ahst tozein.

KROD, Z5 LOST 4ST TOZ2N.

Sorry, it was my mistake. (Lit. Sorry, I was at fault.)

You know when you need to apologise to somebody for a wrongdoing, or you've forgotten a book that belongs to your friend? You can say to them, Krod zu'u lost ahst tozein. It helps to have a humble tone to your voice when you apologise.

ASTORKiT
July 12, 2013

A little later than I planned today, but here's today's phrase!

The phrase for 12/07/2013 is:

Can you tell me where Windhelm is?

VIS HI GES1G Z9 KOLOS WINDHELM LOS?

VIS HI GESAAG ZEY KOLOS WINDHELM LOS?

You're wandering around Skyrim, aimlessly in fact, and there isn't a single signpost in sight. You can ask a passing Dragon (if you're feeling brave!) "VIS HI GESAAG ZEY KOLOS WINDHELM LOS?" for directions to the great city of Ysgramor. Replace the place name if you need to, or want to know the location of something else!

by ASTORKiT
July 12, 2013

A little later than I planned today, but here's today's phrase!

The phrase for 12/07/2013 is:

Can you tell me where Windhelm is?

VIS HI GES1G Z9 KOLOS WINDHELM LOS?

VIS HI GESAAG ZEY KOLOS WINDHELM LOS?

You're wandering around Skyrim, aimlessly in fact, and there isn't a single signpost in sight. You can ask a passing Dragon (if you're feeling brave!) "VIS HI GESAAG ZEY KOLOS WINDHELM LOS?" for directions to the great city of Ysgramor. Replace the place name if you need to, or want to know the location of something else!

ASTORKiT
July 13, 2013

Good evening everybody, hope you're all doing well! Today's phrase (13/07/2013) is courtesy of Riften's Thieves Guild, and is as follows:

Being a thief isn't all that bad.

KOSVON TAF3R LOSNI P4 TOL VOL4.

KOSVON TAFIIR LOSNI PAH TOL VOLAH.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with taking something that's unguarded, after all, if someone isn't vigilant enough to see your hand in their purse then they're the ones to blame!

by ASTORKiT
July 13, 2013

Good evening everybody, hope you're all doing well! Today's phrase (13/07/2013) is courtesy of Riften's Thieves Guild, and is as follows:

Being a thief isn't all that bad.

KOSVON TAF3R LOSNI P4 TOL VOL4.

KOSVON TAFIIR LOSNI PAH TOL VOLAH.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with taking something that's unguarded, after all, if someone isn't vigilant enough to see your hand in their purse then they're the ones to blame!

ASTORKiT
July 14, 2013

Today's sort of a two-for-one, and it's a duo of phrases I'm sure everyone's heard all throughout time and space.

Today's phrase for 14/07/2013 is:

"Everyone, watch this!" "You idiot..."

"SVAANGEIN, FROLOK AHST DAAR!" "HO HEFAH..." (Lit. "Everyone, look at this!")

SV1NG2N, FROLOK 4ST D1R!

HO HEF4...

Everyone has that one friend who does those crazy things, and now you can respond in that situaiton! When they charge off headfirst into a Bandit camp, or a Dragon, shouting "Svaangein, frolok ahst daar!" it's advisable that you pull your weapon out and follow them, mumbling "Ho hefah..." under your breath as you save their hide.

by ASTORKiT
July 14, 2013

Today's sort of a two-for-one, and it's a duo of phrases I'm sure everyone's heard all throughout time and space.

Today's phrase for 14/07/2013 is:

"Everyone, watch this!" "You idiot..."

"SVAANGEIN, FROLOK AHST DAAR!" "HO HEFAH..." (Lit. "Everyone, look at this!")

SV1NG2N, FROLOK 4ST D1R!

HO HEF4...

Everyone has that one friend who does those crazy things, and now you can respond in that situaiton! When they charge off headfirst into a Bandit camp, or a Dragon, shouting "Svaangein, frolok ahst daar!" it's advisable that you pull your weapon out and follow them, mumbling "Ho hefah..." under your breath as you save their hide.

ASTORKiT
July 15, 2013

Good afternoon folks, today's a nice hot sunny day in England* and it's time for the Phrase of the Day!

Today's phrase (15/072013) is:

I side with the Stormcloaks/Empire, they are the rightful ruler of Skyrim.

Zu'u reid voth Faal Strunroodamme/Lokoltei, nust los zoqaar mu'uliik do Keizaal.

"Skyrim's in the grip of a civil war, don'tcha know? Some blue guys fighting some red guys, I tell ya, it's crazy. All over religion, not that that's surprising. Anyways, when you get set upon by some warrior guys, make sure to let 'em know what side you're sitting on. Don't want a sword through the chest, do you?" - Dreynos Areno, Dunmer mercenary.

Don't be caught off guard! Tell them what side you sit with, and make your allegiance.

*I hate this heat it's unbearable 23 degrees celcius is the temprature of hell itself.

by ASTORKiT
July 15, 2013

Good afternoon folks, today's a nice hot sunny day in England* and it's time for the Phrase of the Day!

Today's phrase (15/072013) is:

I side with the Stormcloaks/Empire, they are the rightful ruler of Skyrim.

Zu'u reid voth Faal Strunroodamme/Lokoltei, nust los zoqaar mu'uliik do Keizaal.

"Skyrim's in the grip of a civil war, don'tcha know? Some blue guys fighting some red guys, I tell ya, it's crazy. All over religion, not that that's surprising. Anyways, when you get set upon by some warrior guys, make sure to let 'em know what side you're sitting on. Don't want a sword through the chest, do you?" - Dreynos Areno, Dunmer mercenary.

Don't be caught off guard! Tell them what side you sit with, and make your allegiance.

*I hate this heat it's unbearable 23 degrees celcius is the temprature of hell itself.

ASTORKiT
July 16, 2013

Another early phrase today! This weather here is hotter than southern Skyrim in summer! Ugh!

Today's phrase for 16/07/2013 is:

Giants move their mammoths across Skyrim to their camps.

Hjotte bo mamutaha yahv Keizaal wah niist jaaldde.

"Khajiit has seen the giants, yes. Oh yes, many times. More often than not they cross our travelling paths, although they are not aggressive, which is most beneficial to our... well, to our lives. Sometimes they even bring their mamutah, from camp to camp. They are like the Khajiit, moving, always wandering." - Ru'Latt, Khajiit Caravan Merchant.

Sometimes, you'll find Giant Camps filled to the brim with treasure, just make sure that when you storm them, you keep away from the Gians and Mammoths or they'll attack you on your treasure haul! You might even see a sample of Mammoth Tusk Powder!

by ASTORKiT
July 16, 2013

Another early phrase today! This weather here is hotter than southern Skyrim in summer! Ugh!

Today's phrase for 16/07/2013 is:

Giants move their mammoths across Skyrim to their camps.

Hjotte bo mamutaha yahv Keizaal wah niist jaaldde.

"Khajiit has seen the giants, yes. Oh yes, many times. More often than not they cross our travelling paths, although they are not aggressive, which is most beneficial to our... well, to our lives. Sometimes they even bring their mamutah, from camp to camp. They are like the Khajiit, moving, always wandering." - Ru'Latt, Khajiit Caravan Merchant.

Sometimes, you'll find Giant Camps filled to the brim with treasure, just make sure that when you storm them, you keep away from the Gians and Mammoths or they'll attack you on your treasure haul! You might even see a sample of Mammoth Tusk Powder!

ASTORKiT
July 17, 2013

A quick simple one today, since I woke up late, fell back to sleep, and woke up again.

Today's phrase for 17/07/2013 is:

That is his/hers/theirs.

Tol los okah/ekah/niistah.

Tell someone who that item belongs to! Don't want leftover possessions littering the place now do we?

by ASTORKiT
July 17, 2013

A quick simple one today, since I woke up late, fell back to sleep, and woke up again.

Today's phrase for 17/07/2013 is:

That is his/hers/theirs.

Tol los okah/ekah/niistah.

Tell someone who that item belongs to! Don't want leftover possessions littering the place now do we?

ASTORKiT
July 18, 2013

Ahh, a nice meal with the folks is just what I needed to relax. Today's phrase is food related!

Today's phrase for 18/07/2013 is:

I would like to order Deer/Bear/Slaughterfish.

Zu'u fund wah uth Drin/Kodaav/Kriindikin.

Have fun ordering things at your local inn or tavern!

by ASTORKiT
July 18, 2013

Ahh, a nice meal with the folks is just what I needed to relax. Today's phrase is food related!

Today's phrase for 18/07/2013 is:

I would like to order Deer/Bear/Slaughterfish.

Zu'u fund wah uth Drin/Kodaav/Kriindikin.

Have fun ordering things at your local inn or tavern!

Qiirohviin
July 18, 2013

Very entertaining thread! Hope to see some jokes! Subscribed ^.^

by Qiirohviin
July 18, 2013

Very entertaining thread! Hope to see some jokes! Subscribed ^.^

ASTORKiT
July 19, 2013

I'm no comedian but I hope this satisfies your little joke itch!

Today's phrase is a joke, enjoy! (19/07/2013):

Two falmer are sat, bent over a dead skeever.

Another falmer enters, and calls over to them, "Hey, what do you see?"

The two reply "We don't see anything, we're blind!"

Zein sifahliil los praal, krel uben dilon skaam.

Aanvorey sifahliil hav, ahrk for uben wah niin, "Rok, fos dreh hi koraav?"

Zein fahral, "Mu dreh ni koraav naantruk, mu los porah!"

I'll leave any laughs up to you! 

by ASTORKiT
July 19, 2013

I'm no comedian but I hope this satisfies your little joke itch!

Today's phrase is a joke, enjoy! (19/07/2013):

Two falmer are sat, bent over a dead skeever.

Another falmer enters, and calls over to them, "Hey, what do you see?"

The two reply "We don't see anything, we're blind!"

Zein sifahliil los praal, krel uben dilon skaam.

Aanvorey sifahliil hav, ahrk for uben wah niin, "Rok, fos dreh hi koraav?"

Zein fahral, "Mu dreh ni koraav naantruk, mu los porah!"

I'll leave any laughs up to you! 

Krahvulgein
July 19, 2013

Aal hi rovaan stin!

May you wander free!

It's a farewell.

Tell me what you think if you like it.

by Krahvulgein
July 19, 2013

Aal hi rovaan stin!

May you wander free!

It's a farewell.

ASTORKiT
July 19, 2013
Sostuz

Aal hi rovaan stin!

May you wander free!

It's a farewell.

It's a good idea but this thread is for me to provide you all with phrases. If you want me to take a look at something please PM me instead, and I'll make it that next day's post, like, a guest submission post! Woudn't that be nifty? I'd like everyone to send me a PM with a phrase and I'll pick the top 5 and make a weekly roundup of Submitted Phrases!

by ASTORKiT
July 19, 2013
Sostuz

Aal hi rovaan stin!

May you wander free!

It's a farewell.

It's a good idea but this thread is for me to provide you all with phrases. If you want me to take a look at something please PM me instead, and I'll make it that next day's post, like, a guest submission post! Woudn't that be nifty? I'd like everyone to send me a PM with a phrase and I'll pick the top 5 and make a weekly roundup of Submitted Phrases!

ASTORKiT
July 20, 2013

Today's phrase is (20/07/2013):

Zu'u med wah kos enarah, nuz ahstiidde Zu'u sov tiid voth fahdonne.

I like to be alone, but sometimes I spend time with friends.

by ASTORKiT
July 20, 2013

Today's phrase is (20/07/2013):

Zu'u med wah kos enarah, nuz ahstiidde Zu'u sov tiid voth fahdonne.

I like to be alone, but sometimes I spend time with friends.

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.