Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

New to the site...

Onikzahk
June 20, 2015

Hello, everyone! I am new to this website and just would like to say hello to everyone. I started learning Dovahzul today and am loving the language. Any tips for learning?

by Onikzahk
June 20, 2015

Hello, everyone! I am new to this website and just would like to say hello to everyone. I started learning Dovahzul today and am loving the language. Any tips for learning?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 24, 2015

Drem yol lok, welcome to the site!

There are two main ways to learn - through the Lessons or through the Memrise courses. The Lessons will introduce you to the grammar of the language, while the Memrise courses will help you memorize vocabulary.

I'd recommend doing to the first few sections on Memrise just to get a basic vocabulary going, and then try your hand at some of the Lessons and the exercises there. You'll find that you can do a lot with a little, and once you have a small vocabulary built up, you'll be ready to dive into some conversation or take a crack at some of the literature in the Library.

by paarthurnax
June 24, 2015

Drem yol lok, welcome to the site!

There are two main ways to learn - through the Lessons or through the Memrise courses. The Lessons will introduce you to the grammar of the language, while the Memrise courses will help you memorize vocabulary.

I'd recommend doing to the first few sections on Memrise just to get a basic vocabulary going, and then try your hand at some of the Lessons and the exercises there. You'll find that you can do a lot with a little, and once you have a small vocabulary built up, you'll be ready to dive into some conversation or take a crack at some of the literature in the Library.

Alduin World Eater
July 17, 2015

I would do the Memrise course everyday and write down the new words you have troble with. Make flashcards too.

by Alduin World Eater
July 17, 2015

I would do the Memrise course everyday and write down the new words you have troble with. Make flashcards too.

Tanzyolviing
August 9, 2015

Just keep at it. You may get frustrated, but just keep truckin.

It may also help to have a pel pal to help practice with. Just memorizing and playing games may not be enough.

Then of course, apply what you know helps you learn.

by Tanzyolviing
August 9, 2015

Just keep at it. You may get frustrated, but just keep truckin.

It may also help to have a pel pal to help practice with. Just memorizing and playing games may not be enough.

Then of course, apply what you know helps you learn.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.