Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How to deal with Frostbite Spiders I Arachnophobic

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

Mulhahlor
August 14, 2014

I would just try to focus on killing them. Try to replace the fear with anger. Imagine that they did something totally unforgivable, like... steal your sweet roll. Or Dragon Souls (I hate Miraak).

by Mulhahlor
August 14, 2014

I would just try to focus on killing them. Try to replace the fear with anger. Imagine that they did something totally unforgivable, like... steal your sweet roll. Or Dragon Souls (I hate Miraak).

Mahlaansaviik
August 14, 2014
Mulhahlor

Exactly, the power comes in response to a need not a desire. You have to create that need, use the pain of loss.

But for some reason these spiders never really got to me. I think it's because their size is so unrealistically huge, they just don't bother me because of it. Maybe because my brain registers them as being just like any other animal.

by Mahlaansaviik
August 14, 2014
Mulhahlor

Exactly, the power comes in response to a need not a desire. You have to create that need, use the pain of loss.

But for some reason these spiders never really got to me. I think it's because their size is so unrealistically huge, they just don't bother me because of it. Maybe because my brain registers them as being just like any other animal.

DovahKiinZaan
September 23, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Mulhahlor

just reviving an old thread. My new thing is to think "what would alduin do" then curb stomp them

by DovahKiinZaan
September 23, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Mulhahlor

just reviving an old thread. My new thing is to think "what would alduin do" then curb stomp them

Ahmuldein
September 24, 2014

Overcome the fear with the swelling hate ready to burst within! Use the THU'UM!!! Or just use a bow whatever boats your float

by Ahmuldein
September 24, 2014

Overcome the fear with the swelling hate ready to burst within! Use the THU'UM!!! Or just use a bow whatever boats your float

DovahKiinZaan
September 24, 2014
Ahmuldein

What boats my float: "what would alduin do" *look at spiders* "alduin would curb stomp them"

by DovahKiinZaan
September 24, 2014
Ahmuldein

What boats my float: "what would alduin do" *look at spiders* "alduin would curb stomp them"

DovahKiinZaan
September 24, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Mulhahlor

I would just try to focus on killing them. Try to replace the fear with anger. Imagine that they did something totally unforgivable, like... steal your sweet roll. Or Dragon Souls (I hate

Miraak).

But for some reason these spiders never really got to me. I think it's because their size is so unrealistically huge, they just don't bother me because of it. Maybe

because my brain registers them as being just like any other animal.

in my hearth fire home, my sister pulled a trick on me where every stand, which was the right size, had a frostbite spider

by DovahKiinZaan
September 24, 2014
Mahlaansaviik
Mulhahlor

I would just try to focus on killing them. Try to replace the fear with anger. Imagine that they did something totally unforgivable, like... steal your sweet roll. Or Dragon Souls (I hate

Miraak).

But for some reason these spiders never really got to me. I think it's because their size is so unrealistically huge, they just don't bother me because of it. Maybe

because my brain registers them as being just like any other animal.

in my hearth fire home, my sister pulled a trick on me where every stand, which was the right size, had a frostbite spider

Mulhahlor
September 26, 2014

If you have the Dragonborn DLC, get the Black Book bonus "Dragonborn Force". It lets you vaporize enemies that are really weak compared to you (including spiders).

by Mulhahlor
September 26, 2014

If you have the Dragonborn DLC, get the Black Book bonus "Dragonborn Force". It lets you vaporize enemies that are really weak compared to you (including spiders).

Duryoljot
December 9, 2015

You should look into Conjuration, friend. A Dremora Lord can destory anything in your path for you. In the particular quest you are referring to, I would suggest shouting at the spiders and then conjuring a guardian. His fiery axe will purge them of their wretched existence.

by Duryoljot
December 9, 2015

You should look into Conjuration, friend. A Dremora Lord can destory anything in your path for you. In the particular quest you are referring to, I would suggest shouting at the spiders and then conjuring a guardian. His fiery axe will purge them of their wretched existence.

Viingkolom
December 10, 2015

When I player Resident Evil 4, I had a huge problem with regenerators. They were 8-10 feet tall, and they made a terrifying breathing noise. When I was faced with one, I would pause the game and look at the edge of the TV or look at something next to the TV and think to myself over and over "This is real. They are not." This would calm me down for a short time.

Of course, this advice is probably rubbish because I don't know what it's like to have a phobia.

The only other thing I can think to do is cast muffle and invisibility and sneak past, that way you might not trigger the spiders (I'm not sure about that one, though. At the very least, when they drop you can run out quick and they won't follow you).

by Viingkolom
December 10, 2015

When I player Resident Evil 4, I had a huge problem with regenerators. They were 8-10 feet tall, and they made a terrifying breathing noise. When I was faced with one, I would pause the game and look at the edge of the TV or look at something next to the TV and think to myself over and over "This is real. They are not." This would calm me down for a short time.

Of course, this advice is probably rubbish because I don't know what it's like to have a phobia.

The only other thing I can think to do is cast muffle and invisibility and sneak past, that way you might not trigger the spiders (I'm not sure about that one, though. At the very least, when they drop you can run out quick and they won't follow you).

Duryoljot
December 10, 2015

Like the Regenerators in Dead Space. Nightmare Fuel!

by Duryoljot
December 10, 2015

Like the Regenerators in Dead Space. Nightmare Fuel!

YolGoraagKaazah
December 10, 2015

Don't play Skyrim? . . .

by YolGoraagKaazah
December 10, 2015

Don't play Skyrim? . . .

Duryoljot
December 11, 2015

Of course, we're just comparing moments of pure terror with similar monsters in different videogames.

by Duryoljot
December 11, 2015

Of course, we're just comparing moments of pure terror with similar monsters in different videogames.

DovahKiinZaan
December 14, 2015
Well, I don't have a phobia anymore. I got rid of it.
by DovahKiinZaan
December 14, 2015
Well, I don't have a phobia anymore. I got rid of it.

Duryoljot
December 14, 2015

I was speaking to him about this. If we can face our fears head on we can conquer them!

by Duryoljot
December 14, 2015

I was speaking to him about this. If we can face our fears head on we can conquer them!

DovahKiinZaan
December 14, 2015
That's how I do it.
by DovahKiinZaan
December 14, 2015
That's how I do it.
<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.