Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Greybeards or The Blades?

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

Rahthunuth
August 21, 2014

I think the kind of person who frequents a site dedicated to the dragon language, probably doesn't have much sympathy for a group of dragon slayers. The playerbase in general overwhelmingly sides with Paarthurnax, hence the mods that allow you to have it both ways (letting him live, and still have the Blades talk to you).

Personally, I've never killed Paarthurnax, but I can understand the Blades' reasoning. Dragons are these immortal beings who, aside from Paarthurnax, have little to no concern for mortals. Unless there's a benefit to mortalkind for letting the dragons live, killing them all is probably the safest option. I mean, do these dragons teach us anything? Can they offer us some kind of timeless wisdom? I feel like it would be a struggle to get a species focused so much on strength to see the much weaker races of Man and Mer as anything less than potential servants. Paarthurnax might've been able to change his innate nature, but he was second in strength only to Alduin himself.

by Rahthunuth
August 21, 2014

I think the kind of person who frequents a site dedicated to the dragon language, probably doesn't have much sympathy for a group of dragon slayers. The playerbase in general overwhelmingly sides with Paarthurnax, hence the mods that allow you to have it both ways (letting him live, and still have the Blades talk to you).

Personally, I've never killed Paarthurnax, but I can understand the Blades' reasoning. Dragons are these immortal beings who, aside from Paarthurnax, have little to no concern for mortals. Unless there's a benefit to mortalkind for letting the dragons live, killing them all is probably the safest option. I mean, do these dragons teach us anything? Can they offer us some kind of timeless wisdom? I feel like it would be a struggle to get a species focused so much on strength to see the much weaker races of Man and Mer as anything less than potential servants. Paarthurnax might've been able to change his innate nature, but he was second in strength only to Alduin himself.

Ralam Indoril
January 18, 2016

Greybeards, because I don't like Delphine.

by Ralam Indoril
January 18, 2016

Greybeards, because I don't like Delphine.

YolGoraagKaazah
January 18, 2016

The Greybeards. But for a different reason everyone else chose, the Blades are going against their original purpose of serving the Dovahkiin. They just tell you what to do. The Greybeards respect you and helped you A LOT more. 

by YolGoraagKaazah
January 18, 2016

The Greybeards. But for a different reason everyone else chose, the Blades are going against their original purpose of serving the Dovahkiin. They just tell you what to do. The Greybeards respect you and helped you A LOT more. 

Duryoljot
January 19, 2016

As I have said before, the Blades are pretty discriminatory bastards. I'm not being biased. They simply are warmongerers with no respect. They aren't even skilled fighters. They're a shame towards the Akavir, whose prowess in combat is gloriful to behold.

The Greybeards are simple monks with extraordinary power. Stay with the path of Learning, and you can only become stronger. It is a fact of life.

by Duryoljot
January 19, 2016

As I have said before, the Blades are pretty discriminatory bastards. I'm not being biased. They simply are warmongerers with no respect. They aren't even skilled fighters. They're a shame towards the Akavir, whose prowess in combat is gloriful to behold.

The Greybeards are simple monks with extraordinary power. Stay with the path of Learning, and you can only become stronger. It is a fact of life.

YolGoraagKaazah
January 19, 2016

I'm not implying the Blades are bad.

by YolGoraagKaazah
January 19, 2016

I'm not implying the Blades are bad.

Duryoljot
January 19, 2016

I understand. 

by Duryoljot
January 19, 2016

I understand. 

N3XITH
January 20, 2016

This post has been deleted.

by N3XITH
January 20, 2016

This post has been deleted.

Duryoljot
January 21, 2016

Good sir, what on Earth are you saying?

by Duryoljot
January 21, 2016

Good sir, what on Earth are you saying?

Redtail
January 21, 2016
I would go with the Greybeards, after I sided with the blades they told me to kill paarthurnax. I was ever the same after that.
by Redtail
January 21, 2016
I would go with the Greybeards, after I sided with the blades they told me to kill paarthurnax. I was ever the same after that.

Duryoljot
January 21, 2016

Indeed. Paarthy 4Prezident.

by Duryoljot
January 21, 2016

Indeed. Paarthy 4Prezident.

Alvulnax
May 6, 2016

Greybeards! F*** the blades! I never liked Delphine. Esbern was pretty ok until he told me to kill Paartuhrnax. Now I hate both of them.

by Alvulnax
May 6, 2016

Greybeards! F*** the blades! I never liked Delphine. Esbern was pretty ok until he told me to kill Paartuhrnax. Now I hate both of them.

SuleykaarKinbok
October 12, 2016

I always go to Delphine when i feel like killing somthing. you can shoot as many arows as you want into her skull and she won't die! it never gets old.

so yes I choose the Greybeards

by SuleykaarKinbok
October 12, 2016

I always go to Delphine when i feel like killing somthing. you can shoot as many arows as you want into her skull and she won't die! it never gets old.

so yes I choose the Greybeards

Ruvgein
October 17, 2016

The Blades.

Why have I gone against everyone? Because the Blades used to be the guards and spies of the Emperor. In games past you were one of them, so they are my Knight brothers and sisters, two Blades that think the job is only dragon-slaying aren't real Blades. Never once has either once acted like a real Blade, they are just claiming to be something they aren't.

And so, I believe in knowing the whole story behind it. And with all The Blades history, I turn my back on two dishonorable people, but side with a faction rooted in Elder Scrolls lore.

by Ruvgein
October 17, 2016

The Blades.

Why have I gone against everyone? Because the Blades used to be the guards and spies of the Emperor. In games past you were one of them, so they are my Knight brothers and sisters, two Blades that think the job is only dragon-slaying aren't real Blades. Never once has either once acted like a real Blade, they are just claiming to be something they aren't.

And so, I believe in knowing the whole story behind it. And with all The Blades history, I turn my back on two dishonorable people, but side with a faction rooted in Elder Scrolls lore.

Revak Smoliin
October 17, 2016

I couldn't have put it any better Ruvgein.

by Revak Smoliin
October 17, 2016

I couldn't have put it any better Ruvgein.

<<  <  1  2  3 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.