Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Great Hunt - Day 2

The Wanderer
November 2, 2015

The Great Hunt - Day 2

On a certain day, in a certain place, with certain words, a certain spirit can be called from beyond. That day is now, and the place is here.

Long ago when dragons ruled the land, three dragon priests exacted terror over the North - the Priests of the Pale. Their names - Bahlok the Wrathful, Sahvot the Faithful, Onikaan the Wise. Bahlok and Sahvot are slain, but their brother stirs from the cold beyond.

A special incense can summon his spirit, but I will need the ingredients. Eleven and one there are, scattered through the land of Keizaal. Bring them to me and I will prepare the way.

Certain words will give you the clues you seek. Search this place for the signs, and you will find the way.

Clues Found

Clue #1 - Dovahkiin found by Katherine
Clue #2 - Naal found by Meynag Volbur
Clue #3 - Ok found by Mulhahlor
Clue #4 - Nov. 3rd
Clue #5 - Nov. 4th
Clue #6 - Nov. 5th
Clue #7 - Nov. 6th
Clue #8 - Nov. 7th
Clue #9 - Nov. 8th
Clue #10 - Nov. 9th
Clue #11 - Nov. 10th
Clue #12 - Nov. 11th

Ingredients Found

Ingredient #1 - ?
Ingredient #2 - Red Mountain Flower, found by ShadowConroy
Ingredient #3 - ?
Ingredient #4 - Nov. 3rd
Ingredient #5 - Nov. 4th
Ingredient #6 - Nov. 5th
Ingredient #7 - Nov. 6th
Ingredient #8 - Nov. 7th
Ingredient #9 - Nov. 8th
Ingredient #10 - Nov. 9th
Ingredient #11 - Nov. 10th
Ingredient #12 - Nov. 11th

Guidelines

Welcome to The Great Hunt, a scavenger hunt across The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! Find and translate the clues hidden in the dictionary here on the site and locate the ingredient in the correct place in Skyrim. Post a screenshot or picture of your findings to share it with The Wanderer. You can upload your screenshots for posting at imgur.com.

The Great Hunt is both a celebration of the dragon language and Skyrim itself. For the best experience, start a new character. The clues are based on vanilla Skyrim. If you have any mods, be aware of any that might change the type or location of alchemical ingredients found in the world.

Happy hunting!

-paarthurnax

by The Wanderer
November 2, 2015

The Great Hunt - Day 2

On a certain day, in a certain place, with certain words, a certain spirit can be called from beyond. That day is now, and the place is here.

Long ago when dragons ruled the land, three dragon priests exacted terror over the North - the Priests of the Pale. Their names - Bahlok the Wrathful, Sahvot the Faithful, Onikaan the Wise. Bahlok and Sahvot are slain, but their brother stirs from the cold beyond.

A special incense can summon his spirit, but I will need the ingredients. Eleven and one there are, scattered through the land of Keizaal. Bring them to me and I will prepare the way.

Certain words will give you the clues you seek. Search this place for the signs, and you will find the way.

Clues Found

Clue #1 - Dovahkiin found by Katherine
Clue #2 - Naal found by Meynag Volbur
Clue #3 - Ok found by Mulhahlor
Clue #4 - Nov. 3rd
Clue #5 - Nov. 4th
Clue #6 - Nov. 5th
Clue #7 - Nov. 6th
Clue #8 - Nov. 7th
Clue #9 - Nov. 8th
Clue #10 - Nov. 9th
Clue #11 - Nov. 10th
Clue #12 - Nov. 11th

Ingredients Found

Ingredient #1 - ?
Ingredient #2 - Red Mountain Flower, found by ShadowConroy
Ingredient #3 - ?
Ingredient #4 - Nov. 3rd
Ingredient #5 - Nov. 4th
Ingredient #6 - Nov. 5th
Ingredient #7 - Nov. 6th
Ingredient #8 - Nov. 7th
Ingredient #9 - Nov. 8th
Ingredient #10 - Nov. 9th
Ingredient #11 - Nov. 10th
Ingredient #12 - Nov. 11th

Guidelines

Welcome to The Great Hunt, a scavenger hunt across The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim! Find and translate the clues hidden in the dictionary here on the site and locate the ingredient in the correct place in Skyrim. Post a screenshot or picture of your findings to share it with The Wanderer. You can upload your screenshots for posting at imgur.com.

The Great Hunt is both a celebration of the dragon language and Skyrim itself. For the best experience, start a new character. The clues are based on vanilla Skyrim. If you have any mods, be aware of any that might change the type or location of alchemical ingredients found in the world.

Happy hunting!

-paarthurnax

ShadowConroy
November 2, 2015

Is the  ingredient for the Naal clue red mountain flower? thought process- maiden is another word for lady, and the lady stone is one of the gardian stones. on the same island as the lady stone i found some red mountain flowers.

by ShadowConroy
November 2, 2015

Is the  ingredient for the Naal clue red mountain flower? thought process- maiden is another word for lady, and the lady stone is one of the gardian stones. on the same island as the lady stone i found some red mountain flowers.

The Wanderer
November 2, 2015
ShadowConroy

An excellent find, fellow traveler. You are correct. I will add the red mountain flower to my collection.

by The Wanderer
November 2, 2015
ShadowConroy

An excellent find, fellow traveler. You are correct. I will add the red mountain flower to my collection.

AmativEreiDinok
November 2, 2015

Is the First day's Nirnroot? 

My logic comes from that skeleton that's holding the sword out of the lake. The reference to King Arthur outside of Whiterun?

http://imgur.com/784hJsc

by AmativEreiDinok
November 2, 2015

My logic comes from that skeleton that's holding the sword out of the lake. The reference to King Arthur outside of Whiterun?

The Wanderer
November 2, 2015
AmativEreiDinok

Faas, folaas, I fear that is wrong. Closer, in the shadow.

by The Wanderer
November 2, 2015
AmativEreiDinok

Faas, folaas, I fear that is wrong. Closer, in the shadow.

Mulhahlor
November 3, 2015

Unfortunately, I don't have an Imgur account, but I found the third stone. It's under "Ok", his.

by Mulhahlor
November 3, 2015

Unfortunately, I don't have an Imgur account, but I found the third stone. It's under "Ok", his.

skreborn
November 3, 2015

Honor

ZIN

KO RELSER4 GOT
MINDIN H4KUN BO
R3 DO YOLOS N1L
KRUZ3K FAR1N

TRANSLITERATION
Ko rel se rahgot
mindin hahkun bo
rii do yolos naal
kruziik faraan.

LITERAL TRANSLATION
In domination of anger
after axe fly
essence of flame by
ancient fortune.

I'm just gonna take a guess here and say that we are getting the line "Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin" (and maybe even the second one "Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!") based on the number of words left and on those we already have.

by skreborn
November 3, 2015

Honor

ZIN

KO RELSER4 GOT
MINDIN H4KUN BO
R3 DO YOLOS N1L
KRUZ3K FAR1N

TRANSLITERATION
Ko rel se rahgot
mindin hahkun bo
rii do yolos naal
kruziik faraan.

LITERAL TRANSLATION
In domination of anger
after axe fly
essence of flame by
ancient fortune.

I'm just gonna take a guess here and say that we are getting the line "Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin" (and maybe even the second one "Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!") based on the number of words left and on those we already have.

AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015
skreborn

Honor

ZIN

KO RELSER4 GOT
MINDIN H4KUN BO
R3 DO YOLOS N1L
KRUZ3K FAR1N

TRANSLITERATION
Ko relserah got
mindin hahkun bo
rii do yolos naal
kruziik faraan.

LITERAL TRANSLATION
In theocracy beget
after axe fly
essence of flame by
ancient fortune.

Hmm, I think this is a bit wrong in areas, Relserah and got aren't canon, and Paarth has revealed that any words used in the riddle are canon.

Any chance you still have the original Transcibtion?

by AmativEreiDinok
November 3, 2015
skreborn

Honor

ZIN

KO RELSER4 GOT
MINDIN H4KUN BO
R3 DO YOLOS N1L
KRUZ3K FAR1N

TRANSLITERATION
Ko relserah got
mindin hahkun bo
rii do yolos naal
kruziik faraan.

LITERAL TRANSLATION
In theocracy beget
after axe fly
essence of flame by
ancient fortune.

Hmm, I think this is a bit wrong in areas, Relserah and got aren't canon, and Paarth has revealed that any words used in the riddle are canon.

skreborn
November 3, 2015
AmativEreiDinok

I see. Well, I have gone through the text letter by latter and it seems to match everywhere. Didn't know it could only contain canon words. The transcription is right there in the post, right under the image, you can copy it from there.

by skreborn
November 3, 2015
AmativEreiDinok

I see. Well, I have gone through the text letter by latter and it seems to match everywhere. Didn't know it could only contain canon words. The transcription is right there in the post, right under the image, you can copy it from there.

skreborn
November 3, 2015

I have looked over it again, put my transcription onto the image and it aligns perfectly. The only inconsistency I have found was that in the original image, there is no space between the words "relserah" and "got", but then again, "relserahgot" isn't a word as far as I'm concerned.

Edited the original post to include the alternative meaning "sire" for "got" though.

by skreborn
November 3, 2015

I have looked over it again, put my transcription onto the image and it aligns perfectly. The only inconsistency I have found was that in the original image, there is no space between the words "relserah" and "got", but then again, "relserahgot" isn't a word as far as I'm concerned.

Edited the original post to include the alternative meaning "sire" for "got" though.

Mulhahlor
November 3, 2015
skreborn

It IS one word, I just figured it out! Its rel-se-rahgot, "domination of anger".

by Mulhahlor
November 3, 2015
skreborn

It IS one word, I just figured it out! Its rel-se-rahgot, "domination of anger".

skreborn
November 3, 2015
Mulhahlor

Great find, updated the post with it, thanks!

by skreborn
November 3, 2015
Mulhahlor

Great find, updated the post with it, thanks!

Viingahlom
January 10, 2016

Is this scavanger hunt still active?

by Viingahlom
January 10, 2016

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 10, 2016
Viingahlom

No, see the final post: https://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=1228

by paarthurnax
January 10, 2016
Viingahlom

No, see the final post: https://www.thuum.org/viewthread.php?thread=1228

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.