Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon lair

1  2 > >>  

Mirkrilaar
August 23, 2014

Personally, as a dovah myself, hahaI would pick either Dragontooth Crater or Skyborn Altar. My reasons?

Dragontooth Crater: I feel as though its one of the few lairs that isn't covered in snow and isnt cold. Id prefer cold over extreme heat, but I wouldn't want to live there. Plus, its not a very high lair either, and has a large rock face blocking out sunlight. Its not a central location, and traveling to a place like Riften would be exhausting, but every place has some bad to it.

Skyborn Altar: I feel this and Shearpoint have sort of a central like location in Skyrim. They're not exactly center, Skyrim Altar beong close to Morthal, but its close enough center. The name is also cool as well. "Altar" sounds like a place people would go to worship and pray to. Ergo, me! Haha. It may be cold, and I don't like the cold, but it has its perks to it, if you don't mind the cold at least. I prefer cold over heat anyday though.

by Mirkrilaar
August 23, 2014

Personally, as a dovah myself, hahaI would pick either Dragontooth Crater or Skyborn Altar. My reasons?

Dragontooth Crater: I feel as though its one of the few lairs that isn't covered in snow and isnt cold. Id prefer cold over extreme heat, but I wouldn't want to live there. Plus, its not a very high lair either, and has a large rock face blocking out sunlight. Its not a central location, and traveling to a place like Riften would be exhausting, but every place has some bad to it.

Skyborn Altar: I feel this and Shearpoint have sort of a central like location in Skyrim. They're not exactly center, Skyrim Altar beong close to Morthal, but its close enough center. The name is also cool as well. "Altar" sounds like a place people would go to worship and pray to. Ergo, me! Haha. It may be cold, and I don't like the cold, but it has its perks to it, if you don't mind the cold at least. I prefer cold over heat anyday though.

Qolordrem
August 23, 2014

I'm going to go with Blackreach, provided that there is a direct entrance to the overworld. It's secluded, it's massive and it's just generally great for hiding out in. Falmer may not be the best food source, but I bet they're a reliable one. And if you ever get lonely, you can just shout at that... globe... thing, and Vulthuryol appears!

by Qolordrem
August 23, 2014

I'm going to go with Blackreach, provided that there is a direct entrance to the overworld. It's secluded, it's massive and it's just generally great for hiding out in. Falmer may not be the best food source, but I bet they're a reliable one. And if you ever get lonely, you can just shout at that... globe... thing, and Vulthuryol appears!

Mulhahlor
August 24, 2014
Qolordrem

And if you ever get lonely, you can just shout at that... globe... thing, and Vulthuryol appears!

Hah! I was going to say that. I would pick Shearpoint. One of the few locations to come pree-equiped with your own personal servant. And like Mirkrilaar said, nice location.

by Mulhahlor
August 24, 2014
Qolordrem

And if you ever get lonely, you can just shout at that... globe... thing, and Vulthuryol appears!

Hah! I was going to say that. I would pick Shearpoint. One of the few locations to come pree-equiped with your own personal servant. And like Mirkrilaar said, nice location.

Mirkrilaar
August 24, 2014
Mulhahlor
Qolordrem

Right. Krosis didn't even cross my mind when I was thinking of location. Yeah, I think a dragon priest, plus you, makes for a lethal combination!

by Mirkrilaar
August 24, 2014
Mulhahlor
Qolordrem

Right. Krosis didn't even cross my mind when I was thinking of location. Yeah, I think a dragon priest, plus you, makes for a lethal combination!

Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

Hm.....this is a tough one....me myself, I'm a nature guy! I love long hikes deep in the woods with no trail, then sitting at the creek to stop for a drink of water. Or a walk in the mountains or on the soft sticky sand at a beach right where the water hits the shore...getting off topic...I would go in a solitude with no one to bother but a fahdon...next weekend I'm going for a trip to a cabin for a few days, they have a creek there that I'll walk down to with a rock sitting there that is perfectly shaped like a seat where I can relax and read, I guess I would choose one of the lower mountains off of the Rocky Mountains...not too far away from civilization, but just far enough

by Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

Hm.....this is a tough one....me myself, I'm a nature guy! I love long hikes deep in the woods with no trail, then sitting at the creek to stop for a drink of water. Or a walk in the mountains or on the soft sticky sand at a beach right where the water hits the shore...getting off topic...I would go in a solitude with no one to bother but a fahdon...next weekend I'm going for a trip to a cabin for a few days, they have a creek there that I'll walk down to with a rock sitting there that is perfectly shaped like a seat where I can relax and read, I guess I would choose one of the lower mountains off of the Rocky Mountains...not too far away from civilization, but just far enough

Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014
Ahmuldein

I mean a place in Skyrim.

by Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014
Ahmuldein

I mean a place in Skyrim.

Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

Ah....well then...I would choose the mountain to the right of Riverwood

by Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014
Ahmuldein

The Monahven? Throat of the World? Really??

by Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014
Ahmuldein

The Monahven? Throat of the World? Really??

Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

No the throat of the world is to the left of riverwood. There is a small mountain to the right.

by Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

No the throat of the world is to the left of riverwood. There is a small mountain to the right.

Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014

No, its to the right. Or east of it.

by Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014

No, its to the right. Or east of it.

Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

I just checked the map, krosis you were right, I always thought bleak falls barrow was on Monahven for some reason!

by Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

I just checked the map, krosis you were right, I always thought bleak falls barrow was on Monahven for some reason!

Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014

If that was the case, honestly, that'd be disgraceful.

by Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014

If that was the case, honestly, that'd be disgraceful.

Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

LOL!! Anyway how about Orphan Rock...its pretty far away from most major cities, and there is enough room  and space to be at drem

by Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

LOL!! Anyway how about Orphan Rock...its pretty far away from most major cities, and there is enough room  and space to be at drem

Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014

Its not a lair. Look for "dragon heads" on the map.

by Mirkrilaar
August 25, 2014

Its not a lair. Look for "dragon heads" on the map.

Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

Do I have to have an actual dragon lair? Fine, Sherograth, it think is how its spelled

by Ahmuldein
August 25, 2014

Do I have to have an actual dragon lair? Fine, Sherograth, it think is how its spelled

1  2 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.