DovahKiinZaan
October 2, 2014

I've been thinking about dragon things for this

by DovahKiinZaan
October 2, 2014

I've been thinking about dragon things for this

Mul klo riik
October 2, 2014

Their is a lullabye in the Library, but to me it seems like an, undovly thing. Perhaps if you said some rotmulaag imbued with it, similar to a hypnotist. Words that meant things like, rest, fall, blink, a word that meant the unconcious. This has been done in mortal tongues, (I mean in real life by the way) but for a dragon it would only make sense to have Words of Power for two reasons;

1) They would understand it better

2)It would be hard to take out a dragon, who is powerful with (spoiler alert) his voice in English.

My idea is make a shout that puts things to sleep, have it's word wall be a set of lullabys, and use that. COMMUNITY CHALLANGE

by Mul klo riik
October 2, 2014

Their is a lullabye in the Library, but to me it seems like an, undovly thing. Perhaps if you said some rotmulaag imbued with it, similar to a hypnotist. Words that meant things like, rest, fall, blink, a word that meant the unconcious. This has been done in mortal tongues, (I mean in real life by the way) but for a dragon it would only make sense to have Words of Power for two reasons;

2)It would be hard to take out a dragon, who is powerful with (spoiler alert) his voice in English.

My idea is make a shout that puts things to sleep, have it's word wall be a set of lullabys, and use that. COMMUNITY CHALLANGE

Mirkrilaar
December 1, 2014
Mul klo riik

I think I already have an idea for a shout.

L1G H4 PR1N

by Mirkrilaar
December 1, 2014
Mul klo riik

I think I already have an idea for a shout.

L1G H4 PR1N

DovahKahjiit
December 1, 2015

i could go to sleep to a Dovah Lullabye

by DovahKahjiit
December 1, 2015

i could go to sleep to a Dovah Lullabye

Frinmulaar
December 1, 2015

"Metal" style covers of various lullabies exist, so I don't see why not. But as far as lore is concerned, dragons make no rhythm- or melody-based music whatsoever.

Come to think of it, if we had to imagine dragon music (npi), what would that be like? I'd say

- very long held vowels

- not much pitch variation to speak of

- songs that take hours at a time

- wing and tail percussion

- repetitive shouting of phrases, even actual Thu'um

Think 40-foot shamans chanting and drumming in their councils. Although it is stated that dragons only speak for true needs, and this might not be one.

by Frinmulaar
December 1, 2015

"Metal" style covers of various lullabies exist, so I don't see why not. But as far as lore is concerned, dragons make no rhythm- or melody-based music whatsoever.

Come to think of it, if we had to imagine dragon music (npi), what would that be like? I'd say

- very long held vowels

- not much pitch variation to speak of

- songs that take hours at a time

- wing and tail percussion

- repetitive shouting of phrases, even actual Thu'um

Think 40-foot shamans chanting and drumming in their councils. Although it is stated that dragons only speak for true needs, and this might not be one.

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.