Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

"The Windcallers" concept designs

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

Duryoljot
April 14, 2016

If anyone has any more ideas for the monastery, please post on the thread. Otherwise, the writers will get to work putting this place together with the story.

by Duryoljot
April 14, 2016

If anyone has any more ideas for the monastery, please post on the thread. Otherwise, the writers will get to work putting this place together with the story.

Mirkrilaar
April 20, 2016

Okay, so someone summarize what we initially have so far for the monestary design.

by Mirkrilaar
April 20, 2016

Okay, so someone summarize what we initially have so far for the monestary design.

Duryoljot
April 20, 2016

On it. Okay, here ya go. EVERYONE, PLEASE READ AND POST SUGGESTIONS!!!

Training Grounds (For shouts and other recreational activities to increase fitness)

Dragon Nests, far in the distance.

Monastery Gates (As the monastery is built high up on an island, the Dragonborn, rather than barging into the courtyard, lands on the beach and walks up to the gates)

Ruins Entrance (The WIndcallers sealed away the other entrances as they became dangerous, this one should be on the opposite end of the island from the gates)

Dorms (This is where all the non-dragons reside, meditate in their free time, and where the Dragonborn finds his own room. Should be on the second floor, or whatever we decide is up top. There could be roof access from here. Is in the East Wing)

Dining Hall and Shrines (Where we eat and meditate before heading out for our lessons, the like. Should be the first room you enter when you enter the monastery)

Archives (Here in the West Wing we find the double storied archives, containing an Elder Scroll and many other tomes and user created work. Perhaps we could include some Easter Eggs here?)

Laboratories (Directly underneath the Dorms, where Windcallers can work the forge, create concoctions, and enchant items.)

Courtyard (Before the Dragonborn enters the monastery, he finds the Courtyard. Here there are many kinds of statues from all corners of Tamriel. Many Windcallers pray here and tend to the gardens)

Council Courtyard (Once you leave the monastery a path leads to the Council Courtyard, we were thinking of using Miraak’s Temple as a base, then making room for dragons to perch and seats for high ranking Windcallers to sit upon. Here, high up on a rock overlooking the ocean, the Council discusses matters away from the calm quiet of the Sacred Grounds. Also, the Ruins Entrance should be on the way to here)

by Duryoljot
April 20, 2016

On it. Okay, here ya go. EVERYONE, PLEASE READ AND POST SUGGESTIONS!!!

Training Grounds (For shouts and other recreational activities to increase fitness)

Dragon Nests, far in the distance.

Monastery Gates (As the monastery is built high up on an island, the Dragonborn, rather than barging into the courtyard, lands on the beach and walks up to the gates)

Ruins Entrance (The WIndcallers sealed away the other entrances as they became dangerous, this one should be on the opposite end of the island from the gates)

Dorms (This is where all the non-dragons reside, meditate in their free time, and where the Dragonborn finds his own room. Should be on the second floor, or whatever we decide is up top. There could be roof access from here. Is in the East Wing)

Dining Hall and Shrines (Where we eat and meditate before heading out for our lessons, the like. Should be the first room you enter when you enter the monastery)

Archives (Here in the West Wing we find the double storied archives, containing an Elder Scroll and many other tomes and user created work. Perhaps we could include some Easter Eggs here?)

Laboratories (Directly underneath the Dorms, where Windcallers can work the forge, create concoctions, and enchant items.)

Courtyard (Before the Dragonborn enters the monastery, he finds the Courtyard. Here there are many kinds of statues from all corners of Tamriel. Many Windcallers pray here and tend to the gardens)

Council Courtyard (Once you leave the monastery a path leads to the Council Courtyard, we were thinking of using Miraak’s Temple as a base, then making room for dragons to perch and seats for high ranking Windcallers to sit upon. Here, high up on a rock overlooking the ocean, the Council discusses matters away from the calm quiet of the Sacred Grounds. Also, the Ruins Entrance should be on the way to here)

Malboviing
April 20, 2016

I have one minor change that I think should be implemented: I think that the Council Courtyard should be on the opposite side of the entrance to the ruins, and a distance away from the main monastery.

by Malboviing
April 20, 2016

I have one minor change that I think should be implemented: I think that the Council Courtyard should be on the opposite side of the entrance to the ruins, and a distance away from the main monastery.

Duryoljot
April 20, 2016

So... The gates to each structure you mentioned can just be facing each other. They will all be a decent distance apart. A scenic walk from landmark to landmark.

by Duryoljot
April 20, 2016

So... The gates to each structure you mentioned can just be facing each other. They will all be a decent distance apart. A scenic walk from landmark to landmark.

Malboviing
April 20, 2016

Yeah.

by Malboviing
April 20, 2016

Yeah.

Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

Alright, we are thinking about replacing the Dragon ride (which I stress, is just a loading screen) to the monastery with a special shout the dragonborn must locate and learn (possibly by defeating three powerful dragons in a special location) in order to be carried across Aetherius to the monastery gates. 

How does this sound? Give us some feedback.

by Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

Alright, we are thinking about replacing the Dragon ride (which I stress, is just a loading screen) to the monastery with a special shout the dragonborn must locate and learn (possibly by defeating three powerful dragons in a special location) in order to be carried across Aetherius to the monastery gates. 

How does this sound? Give us some feedback.

Malboviing
May 5, 2016

I came up with this idea, just an FYI. (Sorry, but I kind of felt like I had to say that, since I did)

by Malboviing
May 5, 2016

I came up with this idea, just an FYI. (Sorry, but I kind of felt like I had to say that, since I did)

Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

It's true, although let's just be clear that we all are going ot recieve credit for our work, there is no need to feel like ou have to grab what we will recognize is yours.

by Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

It's true, although let's just be clear that we all are going ot recieve credit for our work, there is no need to feel like ou have to grab what we will recognize is yours.

Mirkrilaar
May 5, 2016
I was about to say...I thought that this was my original idea and that everyone else was just going to make it and help.
by Mirkrilaar
May 5, 2016
I was about to say...I thought that this was my original idea and that everyone else was just going to make it and help.

Malboviing
May 5, 2016

This was your original idea Mirk, just my pride shoved itself forward to take credit for the shout idea. Sorry if it caused any problems or concerns.

by Malboviing
May 5, 2016

This was your original idea Mirk, just my pride shoved itself forward to take credit for the shout idea. Sorry if it caused any problems or concerns.

Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

No, you're clearly trying to overthrow the Master. USURPER!! I SAY, I SAY, USURPER!!!

It's fine, I think we're going to feel pretty satisfied witht the results...

by Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

No, you're clearly trying to overthrow the Master. USURPER!! I SAY, I SAY, USURPER!!!

It's fine, I think we're going to feel pretty satisfied witht the results...

Malboviing
May 5, 2016

I am no usurper. And yes we will.

by Malboviing
May 5, 2016

I am no usurper. And yes we will.

Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

Assuming SOMEBODY (I speak of Loniizrath) updates us soon!

by Duryoljot
May 5, 2016

Assuming SOMEBODY (I speak of Loniizrath) updates us soon!

Mirkrilaar
May 5, 2016
As of now...he's playing Payday 2. XD
by Mirkrilaar
May 5, 2016
As of now...he's playing Payday 2. XD
<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.