Hail Thuri
July 31, 2018

This post has not been deleted.

by Hail Thuri
July 31, 2018

Hail Thuri
July 31, 2018
@Hahdremro I created a list of 89 Creatures. I call it the List of All Creatures Mythical and Mystical. Feel free to refer to this:
Adlets
Akhluts
Alcetaurs
Alicorns
Basilisks
Bunyips
Catoblepi (Catoblepas)
Centaurs
Cerberi
Cervitaurs
Chimeras
Chupacabras
Cockatrices
Cyclopes
Cynocephali
Dire Creatures
Dragons
Drakaines (Drakaina)
Dryads
Dullahans
Dwarves
Elves
Familiars
Faeries
Firedrakes
Gargoyles
Giants
Gigantopitheci (Gigantopithecus; Sasquatch, Yowies, traditional Yetis and other variations)
Goblins (Gremlins)
Golems
Gorgons
Griffin
Gryndylowes
Harpies
Hamadryads
Hellhounds
Hieracosphinxes
Hippalectryons
Hippocampi
Hippogriffs
Hobgoblins
Hydra
Icedrakes
Ichthyocentaurs
Imps
Karkadi (Karkadann)
Kelpies
Kobolds
Krakens
Lamassi (Lamassu)
Lavelli (Lavellan)
Leviathans
Liches
Manticores
Merpeople
Minotaurs
Naga
Naiads
Odontotyrani (Odontotyrannos)
Ogres
Onocentaurs
Orcs
Ornithes (Ornithe, Stymphalian Birds)
Orthri
Pegasi
Perytons
Phoenixes
Pucas
Rocs
Rumitaurs
Satyrs
Satyrus Apes
Sea Serpents
Selkies
Shades
Shapeshifters
Sphinxes
Spriggans
Thunderbirds
Thylacines
Triclopes
Trolls
Unicorns
Wargs
Warves
Werecreatures
Wyverns

If you don't recognize a few then look them up. If even then you are confused, ask me. For example: I created the concept of warves because we have the giant Wargs and normal Wolves, so let's concoct a small version, Warves. You can decide which ones are sentient and which are not. Also, creating mash-ups of creatures makes for a very interesting animal. The egyptians did it and boom Ammit the Devourer. So, if you're stuck, make it up. Also, they are all plural and I took some liberties to make them as such. And in alphabetical order because I get bored way too often. Any confusion and you can just ask me.
by Hail Thuri
July 31, 2018
@Hahdremro I created a list of 89 Creatures. I call it the List of All Creatures Mythical and Mystical. Feel free to refer to this:

Adlets

Akhluts

Alcetaurs

Alicorns

Basilisks

Bunyips

Catoblepi (Catoblepas)

Centaurs

Cerberi

Cervitaurs

Chimeras

Chupacabras

Cockatrices

Cyclopes

Cynocephali

Dire Creatures

Dragons

Drakaines (Drakaina)

Dryads

Dullahans

Dwarves

Elves

Familiars

Faeries

Firedrakes

Gargoyles

Giants

Gigantopitheci (Gigantopithecus; Sasquatch, Yowies, traditional Yetis and other variations)

Goblins (Gremlins)

Golems

Gorgons

Griffin

Gryndylowes

Harpies

Hamadryads

Hellhounds

Hieracosphinxes

Hippalectryons

Hippocampi

Hippogriffs

Hobgoblins

Hydra

Icedrakes

Ichthyocentaurs

Imps

Karkadi (Karkadann)

Kelpies

Kobolds

Krakens

Lamassi (Lamassu)

Lavelli (Lavellan)

Leviathans

Liches

Manticores

Merpeople

Minotaurs

Naga

Naiads

Odontotyrani (Odontotyrannos)

Ogres

Onocentaurs

Orcs

Ornithes (Ornithe, Stymphalian Birds)

Orthri

Pegasi

Perytons

Phoenixes

Pucas

Rocs

Rumitaurs

Satyrs

Satyrus Apes

Sea Serpents

Selkies

Shades

Shapeshifters

Sphinxes

Spriggans

Thunderbirds

Thylacines

Triclopes

Trolls

Unicorns

Wargs

Warves

Werecreatures

Wyverns

If you don't recognize a few then look them up. If even then you are confused, ask me. For example: I created the concept of warves because we have the giant Wargs and normal Wolves, so let's concoct a small version, Warves. You can decide which ones are sentient and which are not. Also, creating mash-ups of creatures makes for a very interesting animal. The egyptians did it and boom Ammit the Devourer. So, if you're stuck, make it up. Also, they are all plural and I took some liberties to make them as such. And in alphabetical order because I get bored way too often. Any confusion and you can just ask me.

Hail Thuri
July 31, 2018

by Hail Thuri
July 31, 2018

Ruvgein
July 31, 2018
@Keinthurah

Please not post so many times in a row, it creates spam and looks terrible on you as a person, edit a post if you have more to say, or if you're on a mobile browser that won't let you, think long before tapping the "post" button to make sure you've written everything.
by Ruvgein
July 31, 2018
@Keinthurah

Please not post so many times in a row, it creates spam and looks terrible on you as a person, edit a post if you have more to say, or if you're on a mobile browser that won't let you, think long before tapping the "post" button to make sure you've written everything.

Hail Thuri
August 1, 2018
Sorry. Fixed.
by Hail Thuri
August 1, 2018
Sorry. Fixed.

Hahdremro
August 2, 2018
Keinthurah
@Hahdremro I created a list of 89 Creatures. I call it the List of All Creatures Mythical and Mystical. 

(LIST)

I appreciate this list, and I'm surprised at how many of these I didn't know about. I've got a bit of research to do! As for the "hybrid" creatures, I'm quite familiar with the concept. It's usually a bit more complicated than "mix x with y," but I understand what you're getting at. For my Awakening project, I'd prefer to use creatures that are solely from historical mythology, keeping it as accurate as possible (within reason) as that's part of the appeal of the setting. There are plenty of historically accurate mythological creatures in your list, though, so it should help me out a fair bit! Thanks a bunch!

by Hahdremro
August 2, 2018
Keinthurah
@Hahdremro I created a list of 89 Creatures. I call it the List of All Creatures Mythical and Mystical. 

(LIST)

I appreciate this list, and I'm surprised at how many of these I didn't know about. I've got a bit of research to do! As for the "hybrid" creatures, I'm quite familiar with the concept. It's usually a bit more complicated than "mix x with y," but I understand what you're getting at. For my Awakening project, I'd prefer to use creatures that are solely from historical mythology, keeping it as accurate as possible (within reason) as that's part of the appeal of the setting. There are plenty of historically accurate mythological creatures in your list, though, so it should help me out a fair bit! Thanks a bunch!

Hail Thuri
August 2, 2018
@Hahdremro Anytime. I found very interesting creatures. It took like a month to find as many as I could and I used various websites as well as certain books about such creatures. If you find any I missed I would love to update that google doc.
by Hail Thuri
August 2, 2018
@Hahdremro Anytime. I found very interesting creatures. It took like a month to find as many as I could and I used various websites as well as certain books about such creatures. If you find any I missed I would love to update that google doc.

Liis
Administrator
August 4, 2018
This thread is locked by request of owner.
by Liis
August 4, 2018
This thread is locked by request of owner.
<<  <  1  2  3  4 

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.