A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Bug Report

1  2  3 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 14, 2017

Thanks for playing Sikaav! Post here about any bugs you find as you play the game. A good description of how the bug can be reproduced or a screenshot of the bug will help us a lot in trying to fix it.

If you encounter a problem that prevents you from playing the game, try refreshing the page. Most known bugs are interface related, so refreshing the page will clear those problems.

Known issues:

• Interface
    • Chat window doesn't always scroll to the bottom when posting long messages.
    • The "Exchange Tiles" button appears when there are no tiles in the bag.
    • Resign button is still visible after the game is over.
    • Tiles appear to be draggable after the game is over.
    • Turn message doesn't always go blank when no tiles are in play.
  • Mobile
    • Special characters don't automatically convert when entering blank tile value on mobile.
by paarthurnax
January 14, 2017

Thanks for playing Sikaav! Post here about any bugs you find as you play the game. A good description of how the bug can be reproduced or a screenshot of the bug will help us a lot in trying to fix it.

If you encounter a problem that prevents you from playing the game, try refreshing the page. Most known bugs are interface related, so refreshing the page will clear those problems.

Known issues:

• Interface
    • Chat window doesn't always scroll to the bottom when posting long messages.
    • The "Exchange Tiles" button appears when there are no tiles in the bag.
    • Resign button is still visible after the game is over.
    • Tiles appear to be draggable after the game is over.
    • Turn message doesn't always go blank when no tiles are in play.
  • Mobile
    • Special characters don't automatically convert when entering blank tile value on mobile.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 15, 2017

Fixed a bug where dragging tiles across the screen on mobile would freeze the game. This should also fix the same issue that happened occassionally on desktop.

by paarthurnax
January 15, 2017

Fixed a bug where dragging tiles across the screen on mobile would freeze the game. This should also fix the same issue that happened occassionally on desktop.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 15, 2017

Clicking on a placed blank tile now brings up the blank tile input again.

by paarthurnax
January 15, 2017

Clicking on a placed blank tile now brings up the blank tile input again.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 15, 2017

I've added a daily turn reminder to hopefully help with some of the stalled games.

by paarthurnax
January 15, 2017

I've added a daily turn reminder to hopefully help with some of the stalled games.

Ahbiilok
January 15, 2017

Can't change blank tiles on PS4 Browser after choosing a rune.

by Ahbiilok
January 15, 2017

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 16, 2017
Ahbiilok

You should be able to click on the blank tile again after placing it and change the rune. Let me know if it still isn't working.

by paarthurnax
January 16, 2017
Ahbiilok

You should be able to click on the blank tile again after placing it and change the rune. Let me know if it still isn't working.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 16, 2017

Made a couple fixes/updates:

• Placed tiles are now dark tan instead of bright orange. Bright orange led to some confusion about tiles being placed incorrectly.
  • Blank tiles should now change and reset properly.
  • Fixed a bug where the Exchange Tiles button disappeared when there were tiles in the bag.
  • Tiles will no longer appear off the screen when clicking "Exchange Tiles" after previously placing tiles.
by paarthurnax
January 16, 2017

Made a couple fixes/updates:

• Placed tiles are now dark tan instead of bright orange. Bright orange led to some confusion about tiles being placed incorrectly.
  • Blank tiles should now change and reset properly.
  • Fixed a bug where the Exchange Tiles button disappeared when there were tiles in the bag.
  • Tiles will no longer appear off the screen when clicking "Exchange Tiles" after previously placing tiles.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 17, 2017

A few more updates:

• Fixed a bug where closing the "It's your turn" window wouldn't stop the flashing page title.
  • Fixed a bug where player stats weren't updating.
  • A popup window now appears when starting new games to encourage players to take their first turn.
  • Players will no longer automatically join games if the player before them hasn't taken their turn.
  • The active game list in the game browser now only displays games where at least 1 turn has been taken.
  • The recent game list in the game browser now only displays games where at least 4 turns have been taken.

Hopefully these updates will help prevent people from abandoning games that they start, and will keep players from joining abandoned games.

by paarthurnax
January 17, 2017

A few more updates:

• Fixed a bug where closing the "It's your turn" window wouldn't stop the flashing page title.
  • Fixed a bug where player stats weren't updating.
  • A popup window now appears when starting new games to encourage players to take their first turn.
  • Players will no longer automatically join games if the player before them hasn't taken their turn.
  • The active game list in the game browser now only displays games where at least 1 turn has been taken.
  • The recent game list in the game browser now only displays games where at least 4 turns have been taken.

Hopefully these updates will help prevent people from abandoning games that they start, and will keep players from joining abandoned games.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 17, 2017

Some balance updates:

• [p] count decreased from 2 to 1.
  • [t] count decreased from 4 to 3.
  • [i] count increased from 4 to 5.
  • [ii] count increased from 3 to 4.
  • [ey] value decreased from 4 to 3.
  • [ei] value decreased from 4 to 3.
  • [u'u] value increased from 4 to 5.

The runes [i] and [ii] have a lot of versatility and can greatly help expand an otherwise frozen board. One of each comes at the loss of two less common consonants, [t] and [p]. This should also slightly reduce cases where a hand is all consonants.

The runes [ey] and [ei] have had their values lowered to reflect their ease of use in 2 or 3-letter words that contain common letters (e.g. key, mey, ney, vey, dein, rein, kein, etc.).

The rune [u'u] has had its value increased to reflect the very small number of words where it is valid, and the relative rarity of the other letters in those words (e.g. gravuun, thu'umsu'um, zu'u).

by paarthurnax
January 17, 2017

Some balance updates:

• [p] count decreased from 2 to 1.
  • [t] count decreased from 4 to 3.
  • [i] count increased from 4 to 5.
  • [ii] count increased from 3 to 4.
  • [ey] value decreased from 4 to 3.
  • [ei] value decreased from 4 to 3.
  • [u'u] value increased from 4 to 5.

The runes [i] and [ii] have a lot of versatility and can greatly help expand an otherwise frozen board. One of each comes at the loss of two less common consonants, [t] and [p]. This should also slightly reduce cases where a hand is all consonants.

The runes [ey] and [ei] have had their values lowered to reflect their ease of use in 2 or 3-letter words that contain common letters (e.g. key, mey, ney, vey, dein, rein, kein, etc.).

The rune [u'u] has had its value increased to reflect the very small number of words where it is valid, and the relative rarity of the other letters in those words (e.g. gravuun, thu'umsu'um, zu'u).

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 21, 2017

Tiles are now romanized as the default. Changed tile font to sans-serif to make them easier to read.

by paarthurnax
January 21, 2017

Tiles are now romanized as the default. Changed tile font to sans-serif to make them easier to read.

Grohiikviing
January 27, 2017

How do I resign? 

by Grohiikviing
January 27, 2017

How do I resign? 

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 27, 2017
Grohiikviing

How do I resign? 

On your turn, you'll see a little flag icon by your score. Click that to resign.

by paarthurnax
January 27, 2017
Grohiikviing

How do I resign? 

On your turn, you'll see a little flag icon by your score. Click that to resign.

Ruvgein
January 30, 2017

Would there be a way to be able to move around the tiles in your hand?  I do it all the time when I play Scrabble, and it would be nice.  Say I had [x s m u'u l k o] in my hand, I'd like to put Su'uM all in a row so I can play it easier.  If it's not too hard to do, of course.

by Ruvgein
January 30, 2017

Would there be a way to be able to move around the tiles in your hand?  I do it all the time when I play Scrabble, and it would be nice.  Say I had [x s m u'u l k o] in my hand, I'd like to put Su'uM all in a row so I can play it easier.  If it's not too hard to do, of course.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 30, 2017
Ruvgein

That's a good idea, I'll see about working that in.

by paarthurnax
January 30, 2017
Ruvgein

That's a good idea, I'll see about working that in.

Ruvgein
January 31, 2017

Also, I'm seeing a problem with placing tiles on the edges while on a computer, they won't play, they just go back to my hand.  It won't always do it though, sometimes it lets me play the tile.

by Ruvgein
January 31, 2017

Also, I'm seeing a problem with placing tiles on the edges while on a computer, they won't play, they just go back to my hand.  It won't always do it though, sometimes it lets me play the tile.

1  2  3 > >>