A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Is Talos a "god" or not?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

Ruvgein
November 2, 2016

-SPOILERS- -BELOW-

In Oblivion; you need "the blood of a divine" to open a portal to Camoran's Paradise. You use the Armor of Tiber Septim.

In Knights of the Nine; you need the 'Blessing of Talos' to let the player follow Umaril the Unfeathered into the spirit world.  And you can go back to your body afterwards, so you don't die.

At the end of Morrowind; You meet this guy named Wulf, who gives you a power called "Favor of the Emperor." You can later ask someone about this, and they will say that this is a manifestation of Talos; (similar manifestations of Mara and Zenithar happen in another quest.)

Tiber Septim not in Sovngarde, where all the great Nord heros are.

-SPOILERS--ABOVE-

So he is a god, my friends.

by Ruvgein
November 2, 2016

-SPOILERS- -BELOW-

In Oblivion; you need "the blood of a divine" to open a portal to Camoran's Paradise. You use the Armor of Tiber Septim.

In Knights of the Nine; you need the 'Blessing of Talos' to let the player follow Umaril the Unfeathered into the spirit world.  And you can go back to your body afterwards, so you don't die.

At the end of Morrowind; You meet this guy named Wulf, who gives you a power called "Favor of the Emperor." You can later ask someone about this, and they will say that this is a manifestation of Talos; (similar manifestations of Mara and Zenithar happen in another quest.)

Tiber Septim not in Sovngarde, where all the great Nord heros are.

-SPOILERS--ABOVE-

So he is a god, my friends.

Vulomjotraan
November 2, 2016

I'm pretty sure Talos is a god.

Now, as to wether or not he's a good person, that's a whole other story. Seriously, what kind of prick destroys an entire jungle from the timeline just because some people couldn't learn how to adapt to it? Now Cyrodiil looks like a LOTR set! That's just rude.

by Vulomjotraan
November 2, 2016

I'm pretty sure Talos is a god.

Now, as to wether or not he's a good person, that's a whole other story. Seriously, what kind of prick destroys an entire jungle from the timeline just because some people couldn't learn how to adapt to it? Now Cyrodiil looks like a LOTR set! That's just rude.

Mulhahlor
November 2, 2016

The core of the problem is what a god is defined as. If god = Aedra, then Talos could be a god, if you consider Lorkhan to be an Aedra, and consider Talos to have "mantled" Lorkhan. If instead you take a god to be a being of immense power, then Talos, the Aedra, and the Deadra are definitely gods.

by Mulhahlor
November 2, 2016

The core of the problem is what a god is defined as. If god = Aedra, then Talos could be a god, if you consider Lorkhan to be an Aedra, and consider Talos to have "mantled" Lorkhan. If instead you take a god to be a being of immense power, then Talos, the Aedra, and the Deadra are definitely gods.

Keita
November 15, 2016

TALOS IS A GOD!!!!!!

by Keita
November 15, 2016

TALOS IS A GOD!!!!!!

Ruvgein
November 15, 2016
Warthuriz

TALOS IS A GOD!!!!!!

Why?  You should explain you reasoning.

by Ruvgein
November 15, 2016
Warthuriz

TALOS IS A GOD!!!!!!

Why?  You should explain you reasoning.

DovahKiinZaan
November 15, 2016
@Warthuriz words serve no purpose without reasoning.
by DovahKiinZaan
November 15, 2016

DovahKiinZaan
November 15, 2016
by DovahKiinZaan
November 15, 2016

natsuisdabom
November 15, 2016

As someone who cannot play the game i have no reason to believe that Talos is not a god. At the fountain near the foot of Dragonsreach is a man who preaches about Talos, is there not, and that is where you can recieve the "Blessing of Talos" buff. Not to mention the other shrines to Talos dotted around the lands of Skyrim. But, like I said before, I have not been able to play the game although I have seen quite a bit of the gameplay and cannot wait for the day that I can play it.

by natsuisdabom
November 15, 2016

As someone who cannot play the game i have no reason to believe that Talos is not a god. At the fountain near the foot of Dragonsreach is a man who preaches about Talos, is there not, and that is where you can recieve the "Blessing of Talos" buff. Not to mention the other shrines to Talos dotted around the lands of Skyrim. But, like I said before, I have not been able to play the game although I have seen quite a bit of the gameplay and cannot wait for the day that I can play it.

Loniizrath
November 15, 2016
natsuisdabom

You should probably play the game and experience the lore and the world firsthand before you form an opinion. Also worth noting, someone doesn't need to be divine (or even nessecarily real) to be worshipped by thousands.

by Loniizrath
November 15, 2016
natsuisdabom

You should probably play the game and experience the lore and the world firsthand before you form an opinion. Also worth noting, someone doesn't need to be divine (or even nessecarily real) to be worshipped by thousands.

Dinokyolnah
November 16, 2016
I personally don't believe he is one. Albeit he did achieve chim. But I do agree with the alter. No way could a man become a god.
by Dinokyolnah
November 16, 2016
I personally don't believe he is one. Albeit he did achieve chim. But I do agree with the alter. No way could a man become a god.

Vulomjotraan
November 18, 2016
Dinokdodovahhe

About the chim thing, Vivec achieved chim and (as far as I can tell) wasn't worshipped as a god. He was worshipped, but as more of a prophet figure than a diety.

by Vulomjotraan
November 18, 2016
Dinokdodovahhe

About the chim thing, Vivec achieved chim and (as far as I can tell) wasn't worshipped as a god. He was worshipped, but as more of a prophet figure than a diety.

Dinokyolnah
November 18, 2016
Vulomjotraan

See the thing is... you are only furthering my point that Talos is not a god. But i do appreciate the input.

by Dinokyolnah
November 18, 2016
Vulomjotraan

See the thing is... you are only furthering my point that Talos is not a god. But i do appreciate the input.

[deleted]
November 27, 2016

Yeah i'd say that Talos Surely is a god..

by [deleted]
November 27, 2016

Yeah i'd say that Talos Surely is a god..

SuleykaarKinbok
December 13, 2016

Yeah Talos is a god

by SuleykaarKinbok
December 13, 2016

Yeah Talos is a god

Beinodvith
December 20, 2016

Phelan1019

Actually, Skyrim gives the most proof to the divinity of Talos. Four names for him are Talos, Tiber Septim, Ysmir, and Shor. In Sovngarde, Shor is designated by Tsun as ruler of the Realm, and there is also Shor's hall, and Shor's throne. If Talos wasn't a Divine, he would not get his own plane of Atherius.

I agree. Its not like anyone could just get a plane of atherius.

by Beinodvith
December 20, 2016

Phelan1019

Actually, Skyrim gives the most proof to the divinity of Talos. Four names for him are Talos, Tiber Septim, Ysmir, and Shor. In Sovngarde, Shor is designated by Tsun as ruler of the Realm, and there is also Shor's hall, and Shor's throne. If Talos wasn't a Divine, he would not get his own plane of Atherius.

I agree. Its not like anyone could just get a plane of atherius.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.