A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translator Signup

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

[deleted]
July 9, 2018

[Drem yol lok dovahhe, dovakiinne ahrk jul] ^^

If you need a french translator, I'm a baby dragon who speaks this language (I'm from France ^^") and I would be delighted to help you with the translation of the dictionary :3

by [deleted]
July 9, 2018

[Drem yol lok dovahhe, dovakiinne ahrk jul] ^^

If you need a french translator, I'm a baby dragon who speaks this language (I'm from France ^^") and I would be delighted to help you with the translation of the dictionary :3

qahnaarin2
October 14, 2018
I am spanish and I can help with the translation for the Spanish dictionary! I would like to help for the world to speak dovahzul!
by qahnaarin2
October 14, 2018
I am spanish and I can help with the translation for the Spanish dictionary! I would like to help for the world to speak dovahzul!

DovahkiinLovaas
November 12, 2018

If you need anymore English translators, I'm your Dragon. I'm fluent in English and happy to help. :3

by DovahkiinLovaas
November 12, 2018

If you need anymore English translators, I'm your Dragon. I'm fluent in English and happy to help. :3

Liis
Administrator
November 12, 2018
@DovahkiinLovaas,

Fluent but miles from perfect.
by Liis
November 12, 2018
@DovahkiinLovaas,

Fluent but miles from perfect.

Fronlaasfrin
November 26, 2018

I will sign up for the Spanish dictionary.

by Fronlaasfrin
November 26, 2018

I will sign up for the Spanish dictionary.

Fusdoiiz
January 17, 2019

After spending two years and six months in Norway, I have C1 proficiency in Norwegian. If there are any plans to establish a Norwegian-Dovah dictionary, I'm ready and willing to help.

-[Fusdoiiz]

by Fusdoiiz
January 17, 2019

After spending two years and six months in Norway, I have C1 proficiency in Norwegian. If there are any plans to establish a Norwegian-Dovah dictionary, I'm ready and willing to help.

-[Fusdoiiz]

Dovahsebrom17
February 23, 2019

This post has been deleted.

by Dovahsebrom17
February 23, 2019

This post has been deleted.

Kul do Dovah
May 11, 2019

I can trasnlate french

by Kul do Dovah
May 11, 2019

I can trasnlate french

Kahvozein
June 13, 2019
I speak french as well, can I help for the french dictionary ?
by Kahvozein
June 13, 2019
I speak french as well, can I help for the french dictionary ?

Liis
Administrator
June 13, 2019
@Kahvozein,

As I've seen you speak French already, you've been granted Translator status.
by Liis
June 13, 2019
@Kahvozein,

As I've seen you speak French already, you've been granted Translator status.

Haseid1
April 17, 2020

I talk spanish as my native language, i can also speak english i'm no a C2 but i can handle conversations well. I've been translating words and part of the lessons to study Dovazhul. Most of the resources in spanish are wrong or are incomplete, so I I'll gladly contribute in making a Dovazhul - Spanish diccionary. I've prepared the list of the 50 first words.

by Haseid1
April 17, 2020

I talk spanish as my native language, i can also speak english i'm no a C2 but i can handle conversations well. I've been translating words and part of the lessons to study Dovazhul. Most of the resources in spanish are wrong or are incomplete, so I I'll gladly contribute in making a Dovazhul - Spanish diccionary. I've prepared the list of the 50 first words.

Redrock
June 1, 2020

Drem yol lok

I'm a native speaker of french and almost native spaeker of english so I would love to help

by Redrock
June 1, 2020

Drem yol lok

I'm a native speaker of french and almost native spaeker of english so I would love to help

Ilana
July 19, 2021

Are you still working on the German dictionary or have you abandoned it?

As a native German, I might help and add / correct some words, if you like.

for example there is the word bonaar meaning humble /humility in English. The German translation as you have it now is "Demütigkeit". This is bad German because there is no such word. It is called "Demut". Also "to become humble" means "bescheiden werden" (to become modest), not "sich demütigen" as the dictionary says. and so on.

I noticed there are five entries for aan where there should be only two.
And you don't have to add adverbes in German, because they are exactly the same as adjectives. We don't distinguish between them.

by Ilana
July 19, 2021

Are you still working on the German dictionary or have you abandoned it?

As a native German, I might help and add / correct some words, if you like.

for example there is the word bonaar meaning humble /humility in English. The German translation as you have it now is "Demütigkeit". This is bad German because there is no such word. It is called "Demut". Also "to become humble" means "bescheiden werden" (to become modest), not "sich demütigen" as the dictionary says. and so on.

I noticed there are five entries for aan where there should be only two.
And you don't have to add adverbes in German, because they are exactly the same as adjectives. We don't distinguish between them.

Liis
Administrator
July 19, 2021
@Ilana,

I'd be happy to make you a translator, but I'm not so sure about your last statement. Aren't words such as "immer" only ever an adverb? You can't describe a noun with "immer" directly as you could with an adjective, no?
"Immer" can't inflect like an adjective can.
Perhaps the criteria for an adverb should be tweaked, as to make room for pure adverbs such as "immer".
by Liis
July 19, 2021
@Ilana,

I'd be happy to make you a translator, but I'm not so sure about your last statement. Aren't words such as "immer" only ever an adverb? You can't describe a noun with "immer" directly as you could with an adjective, no?

"Immer" can't inflect like an adjective can.

Perhaps the criteria for an adverb should be tweaked, as to make room for pure adverbs such as "immer".

Ilana
July 20, 2021

@Liis
Yeah, you're right in case of words that can only be adverbs. I was thinking only about words that can be used as both, like quick / quickly - those words are in German always the same (schnell), no matter if used as adjective oder adverb.
I am sorry for causing confusion. Can I still be a tranlator?

I noticed the word sahqo in the dictionary that has been translated to adj. red/ adv. redly - "adj. rot, adv. rötlich". But an adverb would be still "rot" in German, and "rötlich" doesn't translate to redly, but to reddish. That is where I got the idea that the category adverb doesn't always make sense in German if there already is an adjective.

by Ilana
July 20, 2021

@Liis
Yeah, you're right in case of words that can only be adverbs. I was thinking only about words that can be used as both, like quick / quickly - those words are in German always the same (schnell), no matter if used as adjective oder adverb.
I am sorry for causing confusion. Can I still be a tranlator?

I noticed the word sahqo in the dictionary that has been translated to adj. red/ adv. redly - "adj. rot, adv. rötlich". But an adverb would be still "rot" in German, and "rötlich" doesn't translate to redly, but to reddish. That is where I got the idea that the category adverb doesn't always make sense in German if there already is an adjective.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>