Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dovahzul Christmas Songs 2018

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 13, 2018

Minor changes are probably fine but another massive overhaul this late would be problematic. What are you thinking of changing?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 13, 2018

Minor changes are probably fine but another massive overhaul this late would be problematic. What are you thinking of changing?

Zinrahzul
December 13, 2018

Odahviing Sahqo Dovah:

(kun do kro) -> (med yolos)

(krii joorre) -> (pruzah tinvaak) -- since they're not going up to the mountain to "krii joorre", and because it's a kill-y reference.

Some faal's to fin's in On Daar Kiir Het

3rd Verse - Ful drun rok zein yuvon ahrk golz: golz loses the meaning in this context because no one associates rock with "something that is ground up and burned for worship or fragrance". I'd change it to:

Ful drun rok ofan ahrk yuvon.

Mu Junne, 2nd verse:

Nol jer alun  -> Vojer alun... (because "nol jer ...aak mu" was supposed to mean "out of the east ...(it) leads us", but I think that meaning's lost because of the distance between the verb (aak) and its modifier (nol jer)

"Nol jer alun...."

by Zinrahzul
December 13, 2018

Odahviing Sahqo Dovah:

(kun do kro) -> (med yolos)

(krii joorre) -> (pruzah tinvaak) -- since they're not going up to the mountain to "krii joorre", and because it's a kill-y reference.

Some faal's to fin's in On Daar Kiir Het

3rd Verse - Ful drun rok zein yuvon ahrk golz: golz loses the meaning in this context because no one associates rock with "something that is ground up and burned for worship or fragrance". I'd change it to:

Ful drun rok ofan ahrk yuvon.

Mu Junne, 2nd verse:

Nol jer alun  -> Vojer alun... (because "nol jer ...aak mu" was supposed to mean "out of the east ...(it) leads us", but I think that meaning's lost because of the distance between the verb (aak) and its modifier (nol jer)

"Nol jer alun...."

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 13, 2018

Okay then. Seems fine. Is everyone going to say\sing the parentheses or just you?

Whilst we are speaking of edits was "do aarre dein" meant to be "wo aarre dein"?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 13, 2018

Okay then. Seems fine. Is everyone going to say\sing the parentheses or just you?

Whilst we are speaking of edits was "do aarre dein" meant to be "wo aarre dein"?

Zinrahzul
December 13, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

I'll do my version of the parentheses separately, like everyone else.

"do aarre dein" was what I meant - "of servant (shepherd vaguely possibly implied) guarding"

by Zinrahzul
December 13, 2018
Sonaak Kroinlah

I'll do my version of the parentheses separately, like everyone else.

"do aarre dein" was what I meant - "of servant (shepherd vaguely possibly implied) guarding"

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 13, 2018

Ah right, that makes sense. Let me know what\when the changes are in place? :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 13, 2018

Ah right, that makes sense. Let me know what\when the changes are in place? :)

Zinrahzul
December 13, 2018

Made the changes. If I make anymore, it'll be just to "All I Want For Christmas". I'll also make a better lyrics document for the songs.

by Zinrahzul
December 13, 2018

Made the changes. If I make anymore, it'll be just to "All I Want For Christmas". I'll also make a better lyrics document for the songs.

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 16, 2018

I have a second recording of "Ond daar kiir her" which I think is better. I'll send it in and you can tell me what you think. :)

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 16, 2018

I have a second recording of "Ond daar kiir her" which I think is better. I'll send it in and you can tell me what you think. :)

Zinrahzul
December 16, 2018

Ok, I'll check it out. In a couple of hours, I'll try to get two more songs done: Mu Junne and Hofkiin Fah Revak Vulon

EDIT: Or I'll continue now! I'll have my version of Odahviing Sahqo Dovah on the public Google Drive folder, but the YouTube vid to sing along with is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byH9h1ClBY

The final product will be acapella, since we can't use the copyrighted music, but it's more fun that way anyway, in my opinion!

by Zinrahzul
December 16, 2018

Ok, I'll check it out. In a couple of hours, I'll try to get two more songs done: Mu Junne and Hofkiin Fah Revak Vulon

EDIT: Or I'll continue now! I'll have my version of Odahviing Sahqo Dovah on the public Google Drive folder, but the YouTube vid to sing along with is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byH9h1ClBY

The final product will be acapella, since we can't use the copyrighted music, but it's more fun that way anyway, in my opinion!

Zinrahzul
December 17, 2018

Update. Culling the list to just the following songs :

Odahviing Sahqo Dovah

Ond Daar Kiir Het

Mu Junne

Cutting floor:

I'll Be Home For Christmas, All I Want For Christmas Is You - The nature of these songs are too solo-y. They're good for one voice, but not for a bunch of singers. 

I currently have my recordings available on the public Google Drive page for anyone who wants to sing along and record their pieces (including the shouts in Odahviing Sahqo Dovah).

Anyone can provide their voices! Don't be shy! 

by Zinrahzul
December 17, 2018

Update. Culling the list to just the following songs :

Odahviing Sahqo Dovah

Ond Daar Kiir Het

Mu Junne

Cutting floor:

I'll Be Home For Christmas, All I Want For Christmas Is You - The nature of these songs are too solo-y. They're good for one voice, but not for a bunch of singers. 

I currently have my recordings available on the public Google Drive page for anyone who wants to sing along and record their pieces (including the shouts in Odahviing Sahqo Dovah).

Anyone can provide their voices! Don't be shy! 

Fusdoiiz
December 17, 2018

[Bo], [pah hi sahvot]

[Pruzah ahrk hi wo zind]

[Bo], [pah hi muz lahney ko Bethlehem],

[Bo ahrk koraav rok],

[Kiin faal Jun do Eyra],

[O bo, mu pah draal fah rok],

[Christ, faal drog]!

by Fusdoiiz
December 17, 2018

[Bo], [pah hi sahvot]

[Pruzah ahrk hi wo zind]

[Bo ahrk koraav rok],

[Kiin faal Jun do Eyra],

[Christ, faal drog]!

Zinrahzul
December 19, 2018
Fusdoiiz

[Bo], [pah hi sahvot]

[Pruzah ahrk hi wo zind]

[Bo ahrk koraav rok],

[Kiin faal Jun do Eyra],

[Christ, faal drog]!

Thank you for your input, Fusdoiiz! Because you responded to the thread, we'll include the first verse of that!

Update: I'm currently starting work on the final versions. Keep in mind that it's meant to not sound professional, just cleaned up a bit. Listening to the product, I like it a lot. Hopefully this will be finished by Friday evening EST!

by Zinrahzul
December 19, 2018
Fusdoiiz

[Bo], [pah hi sahvot]

[Pruzah ahrk hi wo zind]

[Bo ahrk koraav rok],

[Kiin faal Jun do Eyra],

[Christ, faal drog]!

Thank you for your input, Fusdoiiz! Because you responded to the thread, we'll include the first verse of that!

Update: I'm currently starting work on the final versions. Keep in mind that it's meant to not sound professional, just cleaned up a bit. Listening to the product, I like it a lot. Hopefully this will be finished by Friday evening EST!

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 19, 2018

Just a quick question, which version of "ond daar kiir het" do you want to use the first one or the one labeled "final"?

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 19, 2018

Just a quick question, which version of "ond daar kiir het" do you want to use the first one or the one labeled "final"?

Sonaak Kroinlah
December 20, 2018

I've uploaded a few files that can hopefully fill in verse 2. It won't be perfect but I really think that an "okayish" or "meh" entry would be a lot better than cutting it, especially now you've added the extra voice (which is cool btw).  To be honest, it's only me that will look\sound bad if I enter weak but when it's cut it's just kinda confusing overall, even more so because no one else will know the reason behind the decision. With all luck they'll be good, but even if they're just meh, I really hope you'll consider it at least. Thanks.

by Sonaak Kroinlah
December 20, 2018

I've uploaded a few files that can hopefully fill in verse 2. It won't be perfect but I really think that an "okayish" or "meh" entry would be a lot better than cutting it, especially now you've added the extra voice (which is cool btw).  To be honest, it's only me that will look\sound bad if I enter weak but when it's cut it's just kinda confusing overall, even more so because no one else will know the reason behind the decision. With all luck they'll be good, but even if they're just meh, I really hope you'll consider it at least. Thanks.

The Golden Atla
December 20, 2018
Okay so I liked your translations you did

So I sent the file to a singer on youtube named malukah she has done dovazul songs before and if we are lucky she will sing one she is a really good singer

Search on youtube vokul fen mah
by The Golden Atla
December 20, 2018
Okay so I liked your translations you did

So I sent the file to a singer on youtube named malukah she has done dovazul songs before and if we are lucky she will sing one she is a really good singer

Search on youtube vokul fen mah

Zinrahzul
December 20, 2018
First of all, welcome! Thank you for the interest. I know Makukah's work well (Was actually just listening to her Twitch Christmas Songs stream). She is definitely an inspiration. I loved that song and Tale of the Tongues.
I appreciate your eagerness, but I wanted to make sure everything was completely set, then officially release everything. That ensures I get a true final product out there.

What file(s) did you send her? She might be confused since this is out of the blue, as well..
by Zinrahzul
December 20, 2018
First of all, welcome! Thank you for the interest. I know Makukah's work well (Was actually just listening to her Twitch Christmas Songs stream). She is definitely an inspiration. I loved that song and Tale of the Tongues.

I appreciate your eagerness, but I wanted to make sure everything was completely set, then officially release everything. That ensures I get a true final product out there.

What file(s) did you send her? She might be confused since this is out of the blue, as well..
<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.