A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Introductions

1  2  3  27  28  29  30 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 17, 2013

Hello, everyone!  I'm paarthurnax, the creator and admin of the site.  I'm obviously a huge Skyrim and Elder Scrolls fan, a web developer, writer, and constructed language enthusiast with a few of my own I work with.  Admittedly, I now know the Dragon Language much better than any of them.  I live in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin and am graduating this coming May with a B.A. in Web & Digital Media Development.

by paarthurnax
February 17, 2013

Hello, everyone!  I'm paarthurnax, the creator and admin of the site.  I'm obviously a huge Skyrim and Elder Scrolls fan, a web developer, writer, and constructed language enthusiast with a few of my own I work with.  Admittedly, I now know the Dragon Language much better than any of them.  I live in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin and am graduating this coming May with a B.A. in Web & Digital Media Development.

ASTORKiT
February 18, 2013

Hey guys! I'm ASTORKiT the moderator, but you can also call me by the name 'kaizalter'. I'm a huge language nut, and I plan to branch out into voice acting and vocals (mostly Homestuck and Dragon Language!). I live in a medium sized town called Maidstone which is about an hour from London (UK) which is known for its River Festival at the end of every July. Right now, I'm not doing an awful lot job-wise since I'm looking after my mum as her carer, but I do plan to sell a few crafty things I've made here and there.

I'm a super kind and relaxed person, and easy to get on with so if you have any queries, please ask away!

If you want to get in contact with me, I have several methods!

• Here: via PM.
  • Through Skype: doubleSoundwave
  • Through Pesterchum (for all you Homestuck fans!):
    • doubleSoundwave (Kid, also just general chat)
    • cabledAmplifier (Troll, more likely to RP with)
    • irefulAgent (Troll RP only)
  • Through Tumblr: i-am-manhole-cover.tumblr.com

Remember:

"Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON, DUDES!

by ASTORKiT
February 18, 2013

Hey guys! I'm ASTORKiT the moderator, but you can also call me by the name 'kaizalter'. I'm a huge language nut, and I plan to branch out into voice acting and vocals (mostly Homestuck and Dragon Language!). I live in a medium sized town called Maidstone which is about an hour from London (UK) which is known for its River Festival at the end of every July. Right now, I'm not doing an awful lot job-wise since I'm looking after my mum as her carer, but I do plan to sell a few crafty things I've made here and there.

I'm a super kind and relaxed person, and easy to get on with so if you have any queries, please ask away!

If you want to get in contact with me, I have several methods!

• Here: via PM.
  • Through Skype: doubleSoundwave
  • Through Pesterchum (for all you Homestuck fans!):
    • doubleSoundwave (Kid, also just general chat)
    • cabledAmplifier (Troll, more likely to RP with)
    • irefulAgent (Troll RP only)
  • Through Tumblr: i-am-manhole-cover.tumblr.com

Remember:

"Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON, DUDES!

XxLaRzxX
February 19, 2013

Hello everyone! My name is XxLaRzxX (or you can just call me Larz). I'm currently still in school, but I'm hoping to have a career in the game industry in the future. There's really no need for me to say that I'm a massive fan of Skyrim and all things Elder Scrolls, but other games I love are Halo and Gears of War. I'm thoroughly enjoying learning the Dragon Language, well my attempt of it anyway. I just love watching the faces of non-gamers when you tell them what you've been studying instead of biology. So yeh, looking forward to being part of the forums! 

by XxLaRzxX
February 19, 2013

Hello everyone! My name is XxLaRzxX (or you can just call me Larz). I'm currently still in school, but I'm hoping to have a career in the game industry in the future. There's really no need for me to say that I'm a massive fan of Skyrim and all things Elder Scrolls, but other games I love are Halo and Gears of War. I'm thoroughly enjoying learning the Dragon Language, well my attempt of it anyway. I just love watching the faces of non-gamers when you tell them what you've been studying instead of biology. So yeh, looking forward to being part of the forums! 

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 19, 2013
XxLaRzxX

Welcome, Larz! Drem Yol Lok!

by paarthurnax
February 19, 2013
XxLaRzxX

Welcome, Larz! Drem Yol Lok!

ASTORKiT
February 20, 2013

XxLaRzxX

Hey! Nice to meet you!

Drem Yol Lok!

by ASTORKiT
February 20, 2013

XxLaRzxX

Hey! Nice to meet you!

Drem Yol Lok!

RedCartographer
February 20, 2013

I'm Red Cartographer, I did do an interview so I won't rehash the same things. I too am going into video game design mostly character and story design. I like focusing on a branching out of history, culture, and tradition in a fantasy world which often results in spending far too much time developing a campaign for D&D which goes ignored by my players. I already do this for fun I guess I should make it my work right? For now that's pretty much all I devote my time to, school school school. 

It's nice to be amid a group of video game enthusiasts who aren't focused on which game/console is best and just focus on appreciating a very good game and enriching it. It's nice to work with you all.

by RedCartographer
February 20, 2013

I'm Red Cartographer, I did do an interview so I won't rehash the same things. I too am going into video game design mostly character and story design. I like focusing on a branching out of history, culture, and tradition in a fantasy world which often results in spending far too much time developing a campaign for D&D which goes ignored by my players. I already do this for fun I guess I should make it my work right? For now that's pretty much all I devote my time to, school school school. 

It's nice to be amid a group of video game enthusiasts who aren't focused on which game/console is best and just focus on appreciating a very good game and enriching it. It's nice to work with you all.

Charr
February 22, 2013

Greetings everyone, I am Charr. I am currently a game tester, but have been into videogames for as long as I can remember. I discovered Morrowind when I was younger, but quickly took to it, and put over 200,000 hours into it easily. I was also very into Oblivion when it came out, and played the heck out of that one as well, getting almost as much time into it as I did with Morrowind. Since Skyrim came out, I have easily logged 500 hours into it and I have no intention of stopping.

I have a great intrest in languages and history as well, and hope to one day go to school for the things I love to do. I recently picked up the Rosetta Stone for Swedish, and plan on going through all of that soon. I find a ot of the languages that they make for gaming facinating, mainly because they do a decent job on making them sound authentic. I would ove to see more of them expanded upon like this website has set out to do.

by Charr
February 22, 2013

Greetings everyone, I am Charr. I am currently a game tester, but have been into videogames for as long as I can remember. I discovered Morrowind when I was younger, but quickly took to it, and put over 200,000 hours into it easily. I was also very into Oblivion when it came out, and played the heck out of that one as well, getting almost as much time into it as I did with Morrowind. Since Skyrim came out, I have easily logged 500 hours into it and I have no intention of stopping.

I have a great intrest in languages and history as well, and hope to one day go to school for the things I love to do. I recently picked up the Rosetta Stone for Swedish, and plan on going through all of that soon. I find a ot of the languages that they make for gaming facinating, mainly because they do a decent job on making them sound authentic. I would ove to see more of them expanded upon like this website has set out to do.

paarthurnax
Administrator
February 22, 2013
Charr

Valok2n!  We're glad to have someone with your experience and enthusiasm!

by paarthurnax
February 22, 2013
Charr

Valok2n!  We're glad to have someone with your experience and enthusiasm!

theezra
March 10, 2013

Hey, everyone! I'm theezra!  I played Oblivion for five years, and got Skyrim the day it got out.  I love the Elder Scrolls Games and the vast detail of Lore that Bethesda has put into them.  I always try to take as much out of something as I can, while still in school.  I've always been facinated with different languages, such as Spanish or even J.R.R. Tolkein's Sindarian (I also love the LOTR universe!).  I found the Dragon Language part of Skyrim to be a great addition, and am very pleased to know that they made so much depth into it.  I really hope to be able to keep up with the language, and know that I'm experiencing this with others!

by theezra
March 10, 2013

Hey, everyone! I'm theezra!  I played Oblivion for five years, and got Skyrim the day it got out.  I love the Elder Scrolls Games and the vast detail of Lore that Bethesda has put into them.  I always try to take as much out of something as I can, while still in school.  I've always been facinated with different languages, such as Spanish or even J.R.R. Tolkein's Sindarian (I also love the LOTR universe!).  I found the Dragon Language part of Skyrim to be a great addition, and am very pleased to know that they made so much depth into it.  I really hope to be able to keep up with the language, and know that I'm experiencing this with others!

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 10, 2013
theezra

Hey, everyone! I'm theezra! ...  I really hope to be able to keep up with the language, and know that I'm experiencing this with others!

Welcome to the community, theezra!

by paarthurnax
March 10, 2013
theezra

Hey, everyone! I'm theezra! ...  I really hope to be able to keep up with the language, and know that I'm experiencing this with others!

Welcome to the community, theezra!

Kodaavzii
March 18, 2013

Drem yol lok,

I can't express how excited I was to find this website. I'll do my best learn as fast as I can to keep up with everyone. Thank you for creating this!

P.S.

Once I learn enough/feel comfortable with the language, I am interested in the tutoring program and I have a project in mind.

by Kodaavzii
March 18, 2013

Drem yol lok,

I can't express how excited I was to find this website. I'll do my best learn as fast as I can to keep up with everyone. Thank you for creating this!

P.S.

Once I learn enough/feel comfortable with the language, I am interested in the tutoring program and I have a project in mind.

Morokei
March 18, 2013

Drem yol lok! -- I go by the name of Morokei (yes, I get called Morokei offline, as well ^__^).

I've been obsessed with the Elder Scrolls for longer than I can remember (I'm honestly not sure what year I got into the games). My favorite Elder Scrolls games are: Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind. I had Skyrim preordered the day it became available (since then, I've bought three additional copies of it -- So I have two PC copies, one for the PS3 and one for the Xbox 360 -- Although, in truth, I ended up with two PC copies by accident). 

I've always enjoyed learning other languages. My native tongue is Japanese (although I also spoke Mandarin Chinese, growing up). Aside from those two (and English, which I began learning in my teenage years), I am either fluent in, know conversational or have been learning: Cantonese, Saudi Arabic, Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Sign Language, Sindarin (One of Tolkein's beautifully constructed tongues), Hindi and French (I think that's all of them!).

I've always held an appreciation for constructed languages and, over the years, had begun working on several (although at the moment I've been too busy with other studies to make any more progress in this area).

In my free time, I enjoy to write fanfiction (and, obviously, play Elder Scrolls games ^__^). I'm currently working on a few Skyrim-related pieces of fanfiction (all of which make heavy use of Dragon Tongue, as they are centered around the Dragon Priests). I have a rather mad obsession with the Dragon Priests of Skyrim, by the way!~

I also enjoy role playing (both on and offline) and cosplaying. I strive to do realistic and believable cosplays and hope that I am somewhat successful in this. I'm currently working on a Dragon Priest costume that I'm very eager to be finished, so that I may get some photos done!

One of my greatest passions has always been medicine. I went through medical school to become a psychiatrist, although unfortunately shortly after finally getting to work with patients, I became seriously ill and was forced to stop working. My illness progressed and I'm now categorized as "terminal," so I won't be able to work again (this does not stop me from continuing my studies and attempting to help others with the knowledge I've gained over the years, however).

I'm extremely grateful to Paarthurnax for creating this absolutely amazing website and giving us all this huge database of information on the Dragon Tongue. I'd been so pleasantly surprised when I found it. 

I'd not known just how many others had been expanding on the language, at first, and so had gone about expanding it myself. It's a pity that it took me so long to come across the site, as before finding it, I'd created a rather massive list of new words (many of which, I discovered, were already taken care of on here, haha!).

I really hope that I will be of some use for the wonderful site. I was very hesitant on submitting my first words on here, as I had doubted they'd be good enough to warrant adding to your collection. I was truly honored that you (Paarthurnax) chose to add my words to your ever-growing collection of vocabulary. 

PS: A little random fact about me -- When I was on my first playthrough of Skyrim and first came upon Paarthurnax, I was unable to look at his name and not think of him as "pneumothorax" for some ridiculous reason. It's been stuck in my head ever since.

PPS: Rah wahlaan, I am long-winded. Krosis!

by Morokei
March 18, 2013

Drem yol lok! -- I go by the name of Morokei (yes, I get called Morokei offline, as well ^__^).

I've been obsessed with the Elder Scrolls for longer than I can remember (I'm honestly not sure what year I got into the games). My favorite Elder Scrolls games are: Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind. I had Skyrim preordered the day it became available (since then, I've bought three additional copies of it -- So I have two PC copies, one for the PS3 and one for the Xbox 360 -- Although, in truth, I ended up with two PC copies by accident). 

I've always enjoyed learning other languages. My native tongue is Japanese (although I also spoke Mandarin Chinese, growing up). Aside from those two (and English, which I began learning in my teenage years), I am either fluent in, know conversational or have been learning: Cantonese, Saudi Arabic, Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Sign Language, Sindarin (One of Tolkein's beautifully constructed tongues), Hindi and French (I think that's all of them!).

I've always held an appreciation for constructed languages and, over the years, had begun working on several (although at the moment I've been too busy with other studies to make any more progress in this area).

In my free time, I enjoy to write fanfiction (and, obviously, play Elder Scrolls games ^__^). I'm currently working on a few Skyrim-related pieces of fanfiction (all of which make heavy use of Dragon Tongue, as they are centered around the Dragon Priests). I have a rather mad obsession with the Dragon Priests of Skyrim, by the way!~

I also enjoy role playing (both on and offline) and cosplaying. I strive to do realistic and believable cosplays and hope that I am somewhat successful in this. I'm currently working on a Dragon Priest costume that I'm very eager to be finished, so that I may get some photos done!

One of my greatest passions has always been medicine. I went through medical school to become a psychiatrist, although unfortunately shortly after finally getting to work with patients, I became seriously ill and was forced to stop working. My illness progressed and I'm now categorized as "terminal," so I won't be able to work again (this does not stop me from continuing my studies and attempting to help others with the knowledge I've gained over the years, however).

I'm extremely grateful to Paarthurnax for creating this absolutely amazing website and giving us all this huge database of information on the Dragon Tongue. I'd been so pleasantly surprised when I found it. 

I'd not known just how many others had been expanding on the language, at first, and so had gone about expanding it myself. It's a pity that it took me so long to come across the site, as before finding it, I'd created a rather massive list of new words (many of which, I discovered, were already taken care of on here, haha!).

I really hope that I will be of some use for the wonderful site. I was very hesitant on submitting my first words on here, as I had doubted they'd be good enough to warrant adding to your collection. I was truly honored that you (Paarthurnax) chose to add my words to your ever-growing collection of vocabulary. 

PS: A little random fact about me -- When I was on my first playthrough of Skyrim and first came upon Paarthurnax, I was unable to look at his name and not think of him as "pneumothorax" for some ridiculous reason. It's been stuck in my head ever since.

PPS: Rah wahlaan, I am long-winded. Krosis!

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 18, 2013

A big welcome to both of you!  We're glad to have you!

Kodaavzii

If you can, post that you'd like to join the tutoring program here so that when the current projects are completed, we'll remember to pick you up for the next round!

by paarthurnax
March 18, 2013

A big welcome to both of you!  We're glad to have you!

Kodaavzii

If you can, post that you'd like to join the tutoring program here so that when the current projects are completed, we'll remember to pick you up for the next round!

otakufreak40
March 21, 2013

Hello, I am otakufreak40 (never capitalized), and I am a fan of RPGs, both Eastern and Western, both tabletop and electronic. However, I also like other games. Besides gaming, my two biggest hobbies are studying clothing and studying different scripts and languages. (Kinda explains why I'm here, doesn't it?) Anyways, due to my limited creativity yet boundless curiosity, I am more likely to ask than to answer, and more likely to think about this language than to contribute to it. Anyways, I hope we can all get along, and I especially would like to see the Admins and Mods of the site happy.

P.S.: I am doing a YouTube series of Skyrim (so original, eh?) in a few weeks, and if anyone wants to know where exactly to find it, you can message me to ask. I won't post it on any forums, as I'd like not to advertise myself to those who are not interested.

by otakufreak40
March 21, 2013

Hello, I am otakufreak40 (never capitalized), and I am a fan of RPGs, both Eastern and Western, both tabletop and electronic. However, I also like other games. Besides gaming, my two biggest hobbies are studying clothing and studying different scripts and languages. (Kinda explains why I'm here, doesn't it?) Anyways, due to my limited creativity yet boundless curiosity, I am more likely to ask than to answer, and more likely to think about this language than to contribute to it. Anyways, I hope we can all get along, and I especially would like to see the Admins and Mods of the site happy.

P.S.: I am doing a YouTube series of Skyrim (so original, eh?) in a few weeks, and if anyone wants to know where exactly to find it, you can message me to ask. I won't post it on any forums, as I'd like not to advertise myself to those who are not interested.

paarthurnax
Administrator
March 21, 2013
otakufreak40

Hello, I am otakufreak40 ... I hope we can all get along, and I especially would like to see the Admins and Mods of the site happy.

Welcome!  I can't speak for the moderators, but I'm pretty happy :)  You can make a thread on your Youtube series in the Elder Scrolls forum if you'd like, I'm sure there would be interest in this crowd.

by paarthurnax
March 21, 2013
otakufreak40

Hello, I am otakufreak40 ... I hope we can all get along, and I especially would like to see the Admins and Mods of the site happy.

Welcome!  I can't speak for the moderators, but I'm pretty happy :)  You can make a thread on your Youtube series in the Elder Scrolls forum if you'd like, I'm sure there would be interest in this crowd.

1  2  3  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.