Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon-Tongue flag?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

hiith
December 30, 2014

Here's a more square (and therefore icon-like) picture of the dark-lined one, reconstructed from scratch:

This would probably be easier to use because of its squareness.

Again, I enquire your opinions.

by hiith
December 30, 2014

Here's a more square (and therefore icon-like) picture of the dark-lined one, reconstructed from scratch:

This would probably be easier to use because of its squareness.

Again, I enquire your opinions.

Foduiiz
January 2, 2015

I came up with something a bit more traditionally flag-like. The whole word wall thing is maybe too subtle as there's no concavity. 

Full res here

This image is 3:2, a very common flag dimension ratio. As for a 1:1 icon, just crop the diamond and there you have it. 

EDIT: I made the flag in icon form ("flagicon", like "favicon" maybe?). Cropped it and redid the text. 

by Foduiiz
January 2, 2015

I came up with something a bit more traditionally flag-like. The whole word wall thing is maybe too subtle as there's no concavity. 

Full res here

This image is 3:2, a very common flag dimension ratio. As for a 1:1 icon, just crop the diamond and there you have it. 

EDIT: I made the flag in icon form ("flagicon", like "favicon" maybe?). Cropped it and redid the text. 

hiith
January 8, 2015

Hm... I still rather like the wall idea. Perhaps it could be redesigned to appear more concave, but I also like how simplistic I've made it look.

by hiith
January 8, 2015

Hm... I still rather like the wall idea. Perhaps it could be redesigned to appear more concave, but I also like how simplistic I've made it look.

Maakrindah
May 4, 2015

@hiith I like the flag a lot. I was wondering what it would look like with a Dragonstone/Runestone as the background since a word wall would be too 3-dimensional. That way, we keep a piece of the context....plus it would look awesome!

by Maakrindah
May 4, 2015

@hiith I like the flag a lot. I was wondering what it would look like with a Dragonstone/Runestone as the background since a word wall would be too 3-dimensional. That way, we keep a piece of the context....plus it would look awesome!

hiith
May 4, 2015
Maakrindah

Well, I believe that it would be difficult to make it appear as a stone as opposed to just a shape, and I'd argue that a dragon-stone would be harder to recognize than a wall (that is, if it wasn't for the thuum.org hoard). Also, walls are a bit more iconic to the Dragon Language than are dragonstones.

Is it really that difficult to see it as a wall?

Also, will this ever be used?

by hiith
May 4, 2015
Maakrindah

Well, I believe that it would be difficult to make it appear as a stone as opposed to just a shape, and I'd argue that a dragon-stone would be harder to recognize than a wall (that is, if it wasn't for the thuum.org hoard). Also, walls are a bit more iconic to the Dragon Language than are dragonstones.

Is it really that difficult to see it as a wall?

Also, will this ever be used?

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@hiith I would love for a developed flag to be utilized as a symbol for the language and the community. As I said, the Dragonstone suggestion was to portray it in 2d rather than 3d. I would argue that since the very first quest in the main questline is to retrieve the dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow, the Dragonstone is a recognizable icon. The color gray could represent the stone without the need for stone-like textures.

I posted a general concept image at

https://drive.google.com/thumbnail?id=0B3aj6KpYwcndcFduX3dTUEppYjQ&authuser=0&v=1430796651013&sz=w1008-h1317

I was severely limited by my image editing software, and this is just a concept. The colors can easily be changed, and things can be better centered and shaped. I particularly would like to use a better font for the main letter. Let me know what you think. I'm considering changing the bottom section to a rich hunter green, and making the white Runes the same gray as the runestone-shape symbol. Not intending to use a game photo in final version of my suggestion.

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@hiith I would love for a developed flag to be utilized as a symbol for the language and the community. As I said, the Dragonstone suggestion was to portray it in 2d rather than 3d. I would argue that since the very first quest in the main questline is to retrieve the dragonstone from Bleak Falls Barrow, the Dragonstone is a recognizable icon. The color gray could represent the stone without the need for stone-like textures.

I posted a general concept image at

https://drive.google.com/thumbnail?id=0B3aj6KpYwcndcFduX3dTUEppYjQ&authuser=0&v=1430796651013&sz=w1008-h1317

I was severely limited by my image editing software, and this is just a concept. The colors can easily be changed, and things can be better centered and shaped. I particularly would like to use a better font for the main letter. Let me know what you think. I'm considering changing the bottom section to a rich hunter green, and making the white Runes the same gray as the runestone-shape symbol. Not intending to use a game photo in final version of my suggestion.

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015
I personally like the word wall version better. But if it's going to be a 2d type image, I would rather see a runestone than a diamond.
by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015
I personally like the word wall version better. But if it's going to be a 2d type image, I would rather see a runestone than a diamond.

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

Here is another attempt, although I would love input on color scheme and possible chromatic sybolism.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3aj6KpYwcndMENSU2p1aGlScEk&authuser=0

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

Here is another attempt, although I would love input on color scheme and possible chromatic sybolism.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3aj6KpYwcndMENSU2p1aGlScEk&authuser=0

TheDiamondDingbat
May 5, 2015

Disregarding most of peoples ideas, I made this randomlyhttp://imgur.com/LfGxot9

by TheDiamondDingbat
May 5, 2015

Disregarding most of peoples ideas, I made this randomlyhttp://imgur.com/LfGxot9

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 5, 2015

Something to note about flags is that they should be solid colors. Solid colors make a flag easy to recognize and reproduce. For example, the shape the dragonstone could be used as a background, but not the actual image.

by paarthurnax
May 5, 2015

Something to note about flags is that they should be solid colors. Solid colors make a flag easy to recognize and reproduce. For example, the shape the dragonstone could be used as a background, but not the actual image.

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@paarthurnax That (the solid colors) is exactly my intention. As I said, I was extremely limited with my image editing program. I will try to produce a better version soon using a more suitable program.

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@paarthurnax That (the solid colors) is exactly my intention. As I said, I was extremely limited with my image editing program. I will try to produce a better version soon using a more suitable program.

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@TheDiamondDingbat That's pretty freaking cool.

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@TheDiamondDingbat That's pretty freaking cool.

TheDiamondDingbat
May 5, 2015

I just threw it together in photoshop.

by TheDiamondDingbat
May 5, 2015

I just threw it together in photoshop.

Maakrindah
May 7, 2015
I redid my concept flag. This is just an idea and the colors were picked at randomish. It's better than last time, but I will try a few different things. I am hoping we can collaborate on creating a meaningful and recognizable flag for our community. I like the word wall idea as well.

https://drive.google.com/thumbnail?id=0B3aj6KpYwcndVVFSbVhZRVE2dWs&authuser=0&v=1431018896703&sz=w1008-h1317

by Maakrindah
May 7, 2015
I redid my concept flag. This is just an idea and the colors were picked at randomish. It's better than last time, but I will try a few different things. I am hoping we can collaborate on creating a meaningful and recognizable flag for our community. I like the word wall idea as well.

https://drive.google.com/thumbnail?id=0B3aj6KpYwcndVVFSbVhZRVE2dWs&authuser=0&v=1431018896703&sz=w1008-h1317

Maakrindah
May 7, 2015

The squarish font on the Dec 30 word wall by hiith is my favorite 'D' rune for the flag.

Maybe we should consider whether the Akaviri symbol for Dovah could be a decent recognizable symbol option. While simplicity is optimal, perhaps a combination of symbols we could use together to make it more recognizable. For instance if hiith's word wall flag design combined with the design of the Akaviri Dragon symbol (how the walls look in game), could be a more recognizable design than either alone.

by Maakrindah
May 7, 2015

The squarish font on the Dec 30 word wall by hiith is my favorite 'D' rune for the flag.

Maybe we should consider whether the Akaviri symbol for Dovah could be a decent recognizable symbol option. While simplicity is optimal, perhaps a combination of symbols we could use together to make it more recognizable. For instance if hiith's word wall flag design combined with the design of the Akaviri Dragon symbol (how the walls look in game), could be a more recognizable design than either alone.

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.