Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon-Tongue flag?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8 > >>  

Orkar Isber
July 3, 2015

So will there be a final voting which to make official? So that we finall get a flag? ^^

by Orkar Isber
July 3, 2015

So will there be a final voting which to make official? So that we finall get a flag? ^^

Maakrindah
July 4, 2015

I don't think the symbol of the Septim Dynasty would make a good Dovahzul Flag symbol because not only does the Septim Dynasty exist Eras after the Dragons, but ends before the events of Skyrim.

The Skyrim Logo is the Imperial Symbol cracked and broken, like the Empire itself, and is a symbol of political matters rather than indicating the Dovahhe themselves. Also, the Septim Dragon is a symbol of The Elder Scrolls games, including Morrowind, so there is nothing specific to Skyrim or Dragons about it.

I really think the flag should refer to the language instead of the logo of the game series or even the specific game. Sorry, but the Septim Dragon has almost nothing to do with Dovahzul. And we are trying to come up with an international flag for the language, not for the website.

There are several great designs already in this thread. Perhaps previous posts on this thread will help define what it is we are trying to accomplish and how.

by Maakrindah
July 4, 2015

I don't think the symbol of the Septim Dynasty would make a good Dovahzul Flag symbol because not only does the Septim Dynasty exist Eras after the Dragons, but ends before the events of Skyrim.

The Skyrim Logo is the Imperial Symbol cracked and broken, like the Empire itself, and is a symbol of political matters rather than indicating the Dovahhe themselves. Also, the Septim Dragon is a symbol of The Elder Scrolls games, including Morrowind, so there is nothing specific to Skyrim or Dragons about it.

I really think the flag should refer to the language instead of the logo of the game series or even the specific game. Sorry, but the Septim Dragon has almost nothing to do with Dovahzul. And we are trying to come up with an international flag for the language, not for the website.

There are several great designs already in this thread. Perhaps previous posts on this thread will help define what it is we are trying to accomplish and how.

Maakrindah
July 4, 2015

@ Paarthurnax I'm with Orkar on this. If we are comfortable with the design options that have been shared, then let's have a community vote.

by Maakrindah
July 4, 2015

@ Paarthurnax I'm with Orkar on this. If we are comfortable with the design options that have been shared, then let's have a community vote.

Orkar Isber
July 4, 2015

Indeed. And if i look at the posts here it seems so far the "mix" has won - the dragon wall rune with glow and mountain in the background. 

Though i am not sure if it would be easier for a flag - more memorisable and easier to draw though it doesnt matter much if we take just the word wall with the glowing rune and no mountain - the dragon wall is the background. What do you think?

by Orkar Isber
July 4, 2015

Indeed. And if i look at the posts here it seems so far the "mix" has won - the dragon wall rune with glow and mountain in the background. 

Though i am not sure if it would be easier for a flag - more memorisable and easier to draw though it doesnt matter much if we take just the word wall with the glowing rune and no mountain - the dragon wall is the background. What do you think?

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 4, 2015

There will be a community contest for designing the flag, with a community vote at the end. This way we will have more of a selection than the few above.

by paarthurnax
July 4, 2015

There will be a community contest for designing the flag, with a community vote at the end. This way we will have more of a selection than the few above.

Orkar Isber
July 4, 2015
paarthurnax

is there a date?

by Orkar Isber
July 4, 2015
paarthurnax

is there a date?

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 4, 2015
Orkar Isber
paarthurnax

is there a date?

No date yet, but perhaps starting next weekend.

by paarthurnax
July 4, 2015
Orkar Isber
paarthurnax

is there a date?

No date yet, but perhaps starting next weekend.

Grolahmul
July 5, 2015

http://imgur.com/TprzneQ

This one?

Made it on Gimp photo editor

by Grolahmul
July 5, 2015

http://imgur.com/TprzneQ

This one?

Made it on Gimp photo editor

Orkar Isber
July 5, 2015

y just with a better looking wordwall/rune ^^ like the ones on page 5

by Orkar Isber
July 5, 2015

y just with a better looking wordwall/rune ^^ like the ones on page 5

Maakrindah
July 7, 2015

@GoldGonian A refined version of your image would be an awesome potential flag. I like it a lot. My vote would have to go to the mix flag with the word wall, 'Dah' rune, and stylized snow-capped mountain. However, if we were allowed multiple votes, I would likely give a refined version of your image a vote.

@ Paarthurnax Would multiple votes be a good idea or too complicated? Just a thought, not really a suggestion

by Maakrindah
July 7, 2015

@GoldGonian A refined version of your image would be an awesome potential flag. I like it a lot. My vote would have to go to the mix flag with the word wall, 'Dah' rune, and stylized snow-capped mountain. However, if we were allowed multiple votes, I would likely give a refined version of your image a vote.

@ Paarthurnax Would multiple votes be a good idea or too complicated? Just a thought, not really a suggestion

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 7, 2015

Multiple votes would certainly be possible. There could be an opening round of votes, and then a final round/semi-final round if there are enough qualifying entries.

by paarthurnax
July 7, 2015

Multiple votes would certainly be possible. There could be an opening round of votes, and then a final round/semi-final round if there are enough qualifying entries.

Maakrindah
July 8, 2015

@paarthurnax great idea

by Maakrindah
July 8, 2015

@paarthurnax great idea

Grolahmul
July 9, 2015
Maakrindah

@GoldGonian A refined version of your image would be an awesome potential flag.

Well, what do you expect from a beginner's photo editor? Not to be rude.

by Grolahmul
July 9, 2015
Maakrindah

@GoldGonian A refined version of your image would be an awesome potential flag.

Well, what do you expect from a beginner's photo editor? Not to be rude.

Maakrindah
July 10, 2015

@GoldGonian I meant it as a compliment. Sorry

by Maakrindah
July 10, 2015

@GoldGonian I meant it as a compliment. Sorry

Liis
Administrator
July 16, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Liis
July 16, 2015

This post has been deleted.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.