Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fantasy creations

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 > >>  

Ruvgein
August 2, 2018
Hm, that really isn't fair to the concept of this thread; Get your feedback and run while taking your ideas with you.

But you do you, I guess. I just don't post anything online that I wouldn't want others to see, but that's just me.
by Ruvgein
August 2, 2018
Hm, that really isn't fair to the concept of this thread; Get your feedback and run while taking your ideas with you.

But you do you, I guess. I just don't post anything online that I wouldn't want others to see, but that's just me.

Liis
Administrator
August 3, 2018
It also doesn't make any sense. For instance, I just copied and saved Hail Thuri's entire original post. Once you put something on the internet, it's there forever.
by Liis
August 3, 2018
It also doesn't make any sense. For instance, I just copied and saved Hail Thuri's entire original post. Once you put something on the internet, it's there forever.

Hail Thuri
August 3, 2018
But can't I limit the damage? Prevent it from being stolen by anyone with a computer and a brain from stealing my ideas. I already refused to post any major names and I will polish up the idea every day. The point of this thread is to share. I shared. The end. And it's not like I don't want others to see. It's just I don't want everyone to be able to see.
by Hail Thuri
August 3, 2018
But can't I limit the damage? Prevent it from being stolen by anyone with a computer and a brain from stealing my ideas. I already refused to post any major names and I will polish up the idea every day. The point of this thread is to share. I shared. The end. And it's not like I don't want others to see. It's just I don't want everyone to be able to see.

Liis
Administrator
August 3, 2018
It only takes one.
by Liis
August 3, 2018
It only takes one.

Ruvgein
August 3, 2018
@Hail Thuri

"But can't I limit the damage? Prevent it from being stolen by anyone with a computer and a brain from stealing my ideas.
I already refused to post any major names and I will polish up the idea every day. The point of this thread is to share. I shared. The end. And it's not like I don't want others to see. It's just I don't want everyone to be able to see."

If you don't want everyone to see, don't post it online. That's rule number one.
The point of this thread is to share, yes. Share. By deleting your posts after getting feedback, it makes you look like a jerk saying "k' thanks bye" and up and leaving after getting what you need and preventing later enjoyment.

What about those who have you feedback? Won't they feel like they wasted their time? If they actually really liked your world and wanted to learn more, they can't.

If you ask for more help or ideas, we can't re-read what you've already got to be actually helpful.

It's your post, do with it what you will.
by Ruvgein
August 3, 2018
@Hail Thuri

"But can't I limit the damage? Prevent it from being stolen by anyone with a computer and a brain from stealing my ideas.

I already refused to post any major names and I will polish up the idea every day. The point of this thread is to share. I shared. The end. And it's not like I don't want others to see. It's just I don't want everyone to be able to see."

If you don't want everyone to see, don't post it online. That's rule number one.

The point of this thread is to share, yes. Share. By deleting your posts after getting feedback, it makes you look like a jerk saying "k' thanks bye" and up and leaving after getting what you need and preventing later enjoyment.

What about those who have you feedback? Won't they feel like they wasted their time? If they actually really liked your world and wanted to learn more, they can't.

If you ask for more help or ideas, we can't re-read what you've already got to be actually helpful.

It's your post, do with it what you will.

Fronlaasfrin
August 4, 2018
I agree, I myself missed what he said, mostly because I wasn’t here for a while, but still, if it hadn’t been deleted, I’d still see it at any time I returned.
by Fronlaasfrin
August 4, 2018
I agree, I myself missed what he said, mostly because I wasn’t here for a while, but still, if it hadn’t been deleted, I’d still see it at any time I returned.

Fronlaasfrin
August 27, 2018

Ok, I was hesitant to post this, because I don't want to risk anyone stealing the idea, but I feel confident that this site is a safe area, so I will. I have recently been working on a video game idea. I'm calling it "Diminished", and for any of you who know what Ark is, it's much like that, but instead of dinosaurs, it's bugs.

The basic premise of the game is that your character signed up for a project that was working to shrink waste material and shrink environments to give a safe haven to endangered species and reduce the value of anything they may have been hunted for (i.e. ivory, organs, etc.). So, the experiment works, and you were srunk, but it didn't take effect right away, and you ended up shrinking down to the size of an ant in your neighbor's backyard. Now you have no way back to your house until you return to normal size, if you do. So, you begin exploring The Yard as the world's first shrunken human, and you can tame a wide variety of bugs and insects, and craft many things on a small scale.

The maximum level of your character is 60, the maximum level of any creature is 120. When you reach the max. level, the boss fight is unlocked and you can go fight the Squirrel near the house wall. When you beat the Squirrel, something will happen and you will fall into The Basement. From there, a few new creatures are added, and some are taken away, and at level 60, another boss fight is unlocked: The Rat.

Other than these two maps that automatically come with the game, there are two DLC maps, and a PvP map that you unlock after beating both bosses.

Any thoughts on the game? Improvements, comments, stuff you'd like to know?

by Fronlaasfrin
August 27, 2018

Ok, I was hesitant to post this, because I don't want to risk anyone stealing the idea, but I feel confident that this site is a safe area, so I will. I have recently been working on a video game idea. I'm calling it "Diminished", and for any of you who know what Ark is, it's much like that, but instead of dinosaurs, it's bugs.

The basic premise of the game is that your character signed up for a project that was working to shrink waste material and shrink environments to give a safe haven to endangered species and reduce the value of anything they may have been hunted for (i.e. ivory, organs, etc.). So, the experiment works, and you were srunk, but it didn't take effect right away, and you ended up shrinking down to the size of an ant in your neighbor's backyard. Now you have no way back to your house until you return to normal size, if you do. So, you begin exploring The Yard as the world's first shrunken human, and you can tame a wide variety of bugs and insects, and craft many things on a small scale.

The maximum level of your character is 60, the maximum level of any creature is 120. When you reach the max. level, the boss fight is unlocked and you can go fight the Squirrel near the house wall. When you beat the Squirrel, something will happen and you will fall into The Basement. From there, a few new creatures are added, and some are taken away, and at level 60, another boss fight is unlocked: The Rat.

Other than these two maps that automatically come with the game, there are two DLC maps, and a PvP map that you unlock after beating both bosses.

Any thoughts on the game? Improvements, comments, stuff you'd like to know?

[deleted]
September 16, 2018
@Jirirar Can you build stuff and ride bugs like in Ark where you ride dinos? I was thinking of an idea where it was giant apex predators on an island chain and you try to work your way up to the top of the food chain. But my main idea is set in Medieval Wales. I will post it soon.
by [deleted]
September 16, 2018
@Jirirar Can you build stuff and ride bugs like in Ark where you ride dinos? I was thinking of an idea where it was giant apex predators on an island chain and you try to work your way up to the top of the food chain. But my main idea is set in Medieval Wales. I will post it soon.

Fronlaasfrin
September 16, 2018
Indeed you can build and ride the bugs, much like Ark.
by Fronlaasfrin
September 16, 2018
Indeed you can build and ride the bugs, much like Ark.

[deleted]
September 16, 2018
Book One: The Walls of Caer Snowdon- March 23 1202 AD
Knights from Wales are contacted while defending the recently built Dinas Emrys from a group of outlaws by a short-of-breath man dressed in lavish robes. He sends them a message. His Master, the Lord of Caer Snowdon and Heir of Merlin, has been murdered and the castle has fallen. The man, confused by the knights' lack of knowledge of the fortress, orders that a large force of the most elite warriors in the world be gathered to take the castle back and secure the throne because, without an heir, the Lordship goes to the Grand Steward of the Castle. But the world has never heard of the castle so the present group will have to do. Leaving Dinas Emrys to care for the wounded and clean up the bodies, the group embarks on an adventure to the mythical castle of Caer Snowdon, where they will make many enemies as they try to defeat Lord Morlais of the Black Heart and retake Caer Snowdon.

Book Two: The Throne of Caer Snowdon- October 12 1203 AD
Lord Morlais has been defeated but, with Eurion dead, many of his guard vie for the throne. Girion?s group must work together to defeat those who would wish Caer Snowdon a crumbling ruin and make sure the castle was in the right hands. Girion and his group of knights must distinguish allies from foes as they battle the occupants of Caer Snowdon, fallen into civil war. And, even with Morlais dead, his top lieutenant has risen to destroy Caer Snowdon once and for all. But the throne?s rightful owner isn?t what the group would expect, and the throne would fall under many others before Merlin?s Grandson finally reveals himself. Clothed in the Magic Armor of Caer Snowdon and wielding the Sword and Sceptre of Merlin, Girion uncovers Eurion?s Crown within the catacombs of Caer Snowdon and, with it, the true Lord of Caer Snowdon, Son of Eurion, Son of Merlin.

Book Three: The Secret of Caer Snowdon- May 21 1205 AD
A dark power has risen in the catacombs of Caer Snowdon and leads Lord Girion and his men to the northern Range of the Awful Hand where Caer Merrick, the former fortress of Lord Morlais awaits. Dark creatures and evil knights await the group as the Knights of Girion discover dark secrets and battle the forces of evil, eventually discovering a dark plan to release the dead on the world, seeking to destroy Caer Snowdon and sink the British Isles. But during this journey, they uncover a terrible secret: the Lord of Caer Merrick seeks to lead a white-scaled dragon to burn Caer Snowdon to the ground, under the guise of King John Lackland, Ruler of England. This will cause war between England and Wales and the destruction of Caer Merrick?s rival. But Caer Snowdon also is housing a dragon: Y Ddraig Goch, The Red Dragon, and Lord Girion must lead this dragon and his army to victory before Medieval England falls.
In the Actual Doc, I linked things like Merlin, Mount Snowdon, The Range of the Awful Hand, and other things from real life to their wikipedia article, 'cause I'm too lazy to find an actual source.

Characters:
Sir Andreas- A grim, middle-aged knight who leads a group of wandering knights in defending farms, villages, and castles all around the British Isles. Andreas has a strong moral compass and is a wonderful mentor to Girion, until his untimely demise at the hands of Lord Morlais of Merrick.

Sir Girion- A young knight who grew up a peasant farmer with dreams of knighthood. Now that he has achieved that goal, Girion strives to do good in the world and help people in need. Currently he is a freelance under Sir Andreas, but he goes wherever help is needed. He is quick to anger but he generally wants to help and he is struggling to overcome his anger issues so he can better help people in need. When he fails and helping people, he takes it hard, and blames himself for everything that is wrong.

Sir Sulwyn- Wandering Knight under Sir Andreas, bright-eyed young lad, willing to follow Andreas to the edge of the world. New Grand Steward of Caer Snowdon.

Sir Caradoc- Tall, burly man with broad shoulders, curly hair, and green eyes. Skillful warrior. Third Grand Steward of Caer Snowdon, non-hereditary heir of Meridoc, non-hereditary heir of Geraint.

Master Eurion- Gentle Lord of Caer Snowdon, he brought peace throughout the mountain for years. He was always kind and generous but maybe too generous for his own good. He wanted all of life?s problems to go away and he was naive in his paradise castle. He was almost killed when Morlais snapped, and he hid his child among a family of farmers at the foot of the mountain while becoming more grim and gathering his forces and becoming more paranoid of attacks every day. The castle?s inhabitants did not like this side of their ruler, so many rebelled, and his fear of being attacked led to the fall of his castle. He was killed by the new Lord of Merrick, Morlais, and Meridoc buried him in the catacombs with his crown before escaping down the Massif to Dinas Emrys.

Meridoc- Grand Steward and friend of Eurion, he watched his Master?s decline and fall and he is the one who hid the baby with the farmers. He thinks Caer Snowdon is a grand palace and wonder of the world, and that people from all over flock at its gates but aren?t let in and he is ignorant of the world around him, but he is very loyal to the throne of Caer Snowdon. Gets murdered jumping in front of a crossbow quarrel aimed for Girion?s heart.

Lord Morlais- Obsessive, perfectionist warlord of Caer Snowdon. His ambitions of becoming the Lord of Caer Snowdon were too much, and he finally cracked, murdering Master Eurion?s wife and stabbing his child. He ran away from the castle and waited for his moment to strike, gradually gathering followers who wanted to see Eurion dead and Caer Snowdon destroyed.

Dryston- Top lieutenant of Lord Morlais the Blackhearted, Dryston covers himself from head to toe in tattoos to make him appear more fierce. Dryston is strong but he has too much pride and arrogance, reaching the top because of his superior strength but being very unliked by all of his men. He is a liar but he is very brave, even though he would prefer his army or dishonourable ways of defeating his enemy. When challenged to a duel, Dryston rejected to show his authority, but when mocked, his anger flared up and he fought Girion. After being killed, most of his men join Girion, their original goal was to see Eurion dethroned and Girion seemed skilled and a great leader.

Detailed Description of Caer Snowdon: The castle is huge, covering the whole Snowdon Massif. Each mountain is a district. Mount Snowdon is a military and political district, containing the royal quarters, the royal servant quarters, the barracks, the throne room and the war room. Garnedd Ugain is a general eating and partying place, with the kitchen, the dining room, the great hall, the common room, pantries, storerooms and most of the bathrooms of the castle being located here. Crib Goch is a strictly religious place, with offering rooms, sacrifice storerooms, temples, chapels, the priest bedrooms and a room for religious holidays being found on that mountain. Yr Aran is a residential area, containing most of the bedrooms in the castle and a few gardens and recreational centers with chess and other games. Moel Eilio is basically a huge garden area with most of the gardens and farms in the castle. There is a small concealed exit here for hunters to leave the castle to acquire meat. Some animals are kept and bred here too for meat and other products. Fountains and wells are here as well. Moel Cynghorion is a location with hospitals, baths, schools and libraries. Finally, Foel Gron is the market district where clothing and other commodities can be bought. Y Uwch Gynhadledd Bellennig (The Deserted Summit) is a mountain created and hidden with magic by Merlin. It contains the treasury, a temple to all the Welsh gods, a statue made of pure gold for each ruler and each Welsh god, and the catacombs, containing the Relics.

The Caer Snowdon Society: The society of Caer Snowdon is based in the castle itself. Every single staff member has a family. Through Merlin?s, Eurion?s and Girion?s recruitments and through the children of the current staff members and guards. A big family is a good family and the castle is high maintenance, with overpopulation not a problem, but under population a very real one. All art is either of the Welsh gods, the lords, or the achievements of both. The religion is mainly based of the old Welsh gods, but you have freedom of religion in Caer Snowdon, reflecting back to the time Merlin fled the city because of his religion. The birthdays of all three lords are holidays as well as religious holidays. Being wed is easy, the couple must present their case to the Grand Steward and he may approve of it or tell them to wait. A dowry must be offered to the Lord and the gods and the dowry not being satisfactory is one of the reasons a Grand Steward can possess for turning them down. This is the only form of tax they have and Caer Snowdon is considered a separate lordship that is led by the lord and the lord only.

Caer Snowdon History: In dialogue of the late Grand Steward Meridoc with our Lord Girion: ?There once was a man named Merlin. Merlin was a hermit, living in the forests of Gwynedd alone, preferring solitary life than life in the city, even though he could claim lineage to Cadwaladr. Merlin was one of the few alive who honored the traditional Welsh gods, the reason for him leaving the city. For that, Merlin was rewarded with the powers of a druid. His magic was powerful and, in thanks, he built the Stonehenge out of ancient cairn stones as a monument to the Welsh gods. He placed a spell, so to avoid attention to this monument and, by extension, him. These people would remember this as an ancient monument. For a year and a say, he stayed living in that home, using magic to make it grander and dedicating it to the Welsh gods. But a man named Merrick had heard of this power and he wanted it for himself. Merrick approached Merlin?s home and attacked Merlin, who summoned up the Relics to defend himself. Merlin destroyed Merrick and Merrick?s castle in the Range of the Awful Hand was abandoned and forgotten. Merlin turned his house into a single lily and offered it to the gods. He fled, knowing his power would lead to more unwanted attention. Merlin fled to the Snowdon Massif, and made grand stone steps leading to the Great Gates. Out of magic was Caer Snowdon formed, sprawling all over the Snowdon Massif. And in a large garden, Merlin grew lilies, like the one his house became, and called them Snowdon Lilies. He built boathouses on the lake and made the castle near impenetrable. Then he revealed it to the world, recruiting the large staff that works here today. With a castle like this, jealous people like Merrick wouldn?t stand a chance against him.? Though, in reality, Merlin snuck away to recruit the staff and hid the castle from prying eyes with his magic. If his staff knew, then they would be prone to telling the secret. Merlin had a son who he named Eurion, and taught the boy magic, for it was in his blood. Eurion became the next lord until he was murdered on May 21st, the twelve hundred and second year after the birth of Christ.

Caer Snowdon Army: Caer Snowdon?s standing army is led by the Lord of Caer Snowdon, but during a conflict, the army could be led by the Grand Warlord, the current one being Grand Warlord Caradoc. The Grand Warlord is assisted by six captains who lead ten groups of fifteen each. Each of those groups is led by a sergeant. A Grand Spy leads an unknown number of spies trained in gathering intelligence and assassinating major enemies. A medical force contains sixty healers, one for each group. Each soldier is meticulously trained by their sergeant and enlistment is voluntary. Most of the army are mounted knights, maintaining their own war horse and armor, which is mostly chainmail with plate helmets and wooden shields painted with the Red Dragon on them. Of the group of fifteen, four are archers, four are reserve forces, four are the main bulk, charging into battle first, two are scouts with fast horses and keen eyes, and finally, four are Shieldmen: warriors of Girion?s design who carry large tower shields larger than the normal shields and defend the wounded as they pull them beyond the front line to the medics. Shieldmen can also join in a fight if need demands it. Each warrior contains their shield, their longsword, a dagger and a spear, except for the archers, who carry crossbows, longbows, quarrels, and arrows. Bowmen are good aim with the giant crossbows mounted along the walls, and a large force of archers apart from the main force man the defenses along the castles, along with the flaming oil in the gatehouses. A small force of knights are also kept in the castle, just in case a few warriors get through the gates, they will be confronted by the knights while still being attacked with quarrels and arrows, along with the huge crossbows that line the walls. Girion?s personal guard is a small group of fourteen knights, like a group but led by him instead of a sergeant. All fourteen of these warriors have plate armor, strong but fast war horses, tower shields, sharpened longswords, and crossbows. They all are a good shot with crossbows, even the ballista, but also good swordsmen, on foot or mounted.

The Relics: The Relics of Caer Snowdon are located atop Y Uwch Gynhadledd Bellennig in a small room with a door hidden by magic. It is the most secure room in the most secure district in the most secure castle. The only entrance to Y Uwch Gynhadledd Bellennig is by a magic hidden door behind the throne. On the mountain, the door to the Relics is hidden so that only one of Merlin?s blood may open it. It contains the armor, mantle, crown, sword, sceptre and signet ring of Merlin, all of which are enchanted so that only one of the royal blood may wear/wield them. Y Uwch Gynhadledd Bellennig also contains a hidden room that houses Y Ddraig Goch, the Red Dragon. The Red Dragon is the symbol of Merlin and Caer Snowdon, being on the mantle and signet ring of Merlin as well as on their banners and the shields of the warriors, with the top half of the field being white to symbolize purity and the bottom half green to represent safety. The Grand Steward wears a necklace with a pendant with the Red Dragon on it. Legends say that the Red Dragon is Merlin himself but surely that is just a legend. The mantle is a full length long sleeved gold silk garment which opens in the front and is lined with red silk which is fastened with an embroidered belt with a gold buckle decorated with a triskelion. On the back is a red dragon embroidered in. The crown is made with a solid gold frame formed in a circular designed with four triskelions, four fleurs-de-lis (symbolizing the three feathers) with two crossing arches topped with a gold statue of a red dragon, with its wings stretched out to encompass people of varying ancestry to Caer Snowdon. The crown has multiple precious stones, including diamonds, rubies, and emeralds; and weighs about three and a half pounds. The sceptre is a gold rod studded with rubies on one side and diamonds on the other, leading up to a gold dragon statue facing away from the holder. The sword has a gold hilt engraved with dragons on the cross piece and one dragon on the pommel. The silver blade is engraved with the word ?Caledfwlch.? The sheath is black leather, like on the handle, and the part of the sheath where the sword goes in is embroidered with a gold silk dragon. The signet ring is a plain gold ring with an engraved dragon and two fleurs-de-lis flanking it. A small ruby acts as the dragon?s eye. The helmless armor is made of steel with sword breakers on the pauldrons. The breastplate has a gold dragon engraved in the armor. Black gloves give way to plain vambraces and rerebraces edged with gold. The greaves and thigh armor plates are edged with gold as well. The sword scabbard is attached to a plain leather belt; the belt on the mantle is meant to show off the lord?s wealth and power while the one on the armor is meant for Caledfwlch. The boots of the armor have plates edged with gold and small spikes on the bottom for walking on ice and a weapon. The armor is worn over a simple red silk tunic and under the mantle. The crown is worn in place of a helm and the signet ring is worn on the gloved finger. The sceptre is just meant to be held and as a conduit for magic as well as a symbol for authority.

Mae awdur y llyfr hwn, ein Arglwydd, wedi datgan y mae gatiau yn cau am byth ac yr ydym yn symud y Castell. Dyna ein rheswm dros rhyddhau llyfr hwn.
by [deleted]
September 16, 2018
Book One: The Walls of Caer Snowdon- March 23 1202 AD

Knights from Wales are contacted while defending the recently built Dinas Emrys from a group of outlaws by a short-of-breath man dressed in lavish robes. He sends them a message. His Master, the Lord of Caer Snowdon and Heir of Merlin, has been murdered and the castle has fallen. The man, confused by the knights' lack of knowledge of the fortress, orders that a large force of the most elite warriors in the world be gathered to take the castle back and secure the throne because, without an heir, the Lordship goes to the Grand Steward of the Castle. But the world has never heard of the castle so the present group will have to do. Leaving Dinas Emrys to care for the wounded and clean up the bodies, the group embarks on an adventure to the mythical castle of Caer Snowdon, where they will make many enemies as they try to defeat Lord Morlais of the Black Heart and retake Caer Snowdon.

Book Two: The Throne of Caer Snowdon- October 12 1203 AD

Lord Morlais has been defeated but, with Eurion dead, many of his guard vie for the throne. Girion?s group must work together to defeat those who would wish Caer Snowdon a crumbling ruin and make sure the castle was in the right hands. Girion and his group of knights must distinguish allies from foes as they battle the occupants of Caer Snowdon, fallen into civil war. And, even with Morlais dead, his top lieutenant has risen to destroy Caer Snowdon once and for all. But the throne?s rightful owner isn?t what the group would expect, and the throne would fall under many others before Merlin?s Grandson finally reveals himself. Clothed in the Magic Armor of Caer Snowdon and wielding the Sword and Sceptre of Merlin, Girion uncovers Eurion?s Crown within the catacombs of Caer Snowdon and, with it, the true Lord of Caer Snowdon, Son of Eurion, Son of Merlin.

Book Three: The Secret of Caer Snowdon- May 21 1205 AD

A dark power has risen in the catacombs of Caer Snowdon and leads Lord Girion and his men to the northern Range of the Awful Hand where Caer Merrick, the former fortress of Lord Morlais awaits. Dark creatures and evil knights await the group as the Knights of Girion discover dark secrets and battle the forces of evil, eventually discovering a dark plan to release the dead on the world, seeking to destroy Caer Snowdon and sink the British Isles. But during this journey, they uncover a terrible secret: the Lord of Caer Merrick seeks to lead a white-scaled dragon to burn Caer Snowdon to the ground, under the guise of King John Lackland, Ruler of England. This will cause war between England and Wales and the destruction of Caer Merrick?s rival. But Caer Snowdon also is housing a dragon: Y Ddraig Goch, The Red Dragon, and Lord Girion must lead this dragon and his army to victory before Medieval England falls.

In the Actual Doc, I linked things like Merlin, Mount Snowdon, The Range of the Awful Hand, and other things from real life to their wikipedia article, 'cause I'm too lazy to find an actual source.

Characters:

Sir Andreas- A grim, middle-aged knight who leads a group of wandering knights in defending farms, villages, and castles all around the British Isles. Andreas has a strong moral compass and is a wonderful mentor to Girion, until his untimely demise at the hands of Lord Morlais of Merrick.

Sir Girion- A young knight who grew up a peasant farmer with dreams of knighthood. Now that he has achieved that goal, Girion strives to do good in the world and help people in need. Currently he is a freelance under Sir Andreas, but he goes wherever help is needed. He is quick to anger but he generally wants to help and he is struggling to overcome his anger issues so he can better help people in need. When he fails and helping people, he takes it hard, and blames himself for everything that is wrong.

Sir Sulwyn- Wandering Knight under Sir Andreas, bright-eyed young lad, willing to follow Andreas to the edge of the world. New Grand Steward of Caer Snowdon.

Sir Caradoc- Tall, burly man with broad shoulders, curly hair, and green eyes. Skillful warrior. Third Grand Steward of Caer Snowdon, non-hereditary heir of Meridoc, non-hereditary heir of Geraint.

Master Eurion- Gentle Lord of Caer Snowdon, he brought peace throughout the mountain for years. He was always kind and generous but maybe too generous for his own good. He wanted all of life?s problems to go away and he was naive in his paradise castle. He was almost killed when Morlais snapped, and he hid his child among a family of farmers at the foot of the mountain while becoming more grim and gathering his forces and becoming more paranoid of attacks every day. The castle?s inhabitants did not like this side of their ruler, so many rebelled, and his fear of being attacked led to the fall of his castle. He was killed by the new Lord of Merrick, Morlais, and Meridoc buried him in the catacombs with his crown before escaping down the Massif to Dinas Emrys.

Meridoc- Grand Steward and friend of Eurion, he watched his Master?s decline and fall and he is the one who hid the baby with the farmers. He thinks Caer Snowdon is a grand palace and wonder of the world, and that people from all over flock at its gates but aren?t let in and he is ignorant of the world around him, but he is very loyal to the throne of Caer Snowdon. Gets murdered jumping in front of a crossbow quarrel aimed for Girion?s heart.

Lord Morlais- Obsessive, perfectionist warlord of Caer Snowdon. His ambitions of becoming the Lord of Caer Snowdon were too much, and he finally cracked, murdering Master Eurion?s wife and stabbing his child. He ran away from the castle and waited for his moment to strike, gradually gathering followers who wanted to see Eurion dead and Caer Snowdon destroyed.

Dryston- Top lieutenant of Lord Morlais the Blackhearted, Dryston covers himself from head to toe in tattoos to make him appear more fierce. Dryston is strong but he has too much pride and arrogance, reaching the top because of his superior strength but being very unliked by all of his men. He is a liar but he is very brave, even though he would prefer his army or dishonourable ways of defeating his enemy. When challenged to a duel, Dryston rejected to show his authority, but when mocked, his anger flared up and he fought Girion. After being killed, most of his men join Girion, their original goal was to see Eurion dethroned and Girion seemed skilled and a great leader.

Detailed Description of Caer Snowdon: The castle is huge, covering the whole Snowdon Massif. Each mountain is a district. Mount Snowdon is a military and political district, containing the royal quarters, the royal servant quarters, the barracks, the throne room and the war room. Garnedd Ugain is a general eating and partying place, with the kitchen, the dining room, the great hall, the common room, pantries, storerooms and most of the bathrooms of the castle being located here. Crib Goch is a strictly religious place, with offering rooms, sacrifice storerooms, temples, chapels, the priest bedrooms and a room for religious holidays being found on that mountain. Yr Aran is a residential area, containing most of the bedrooms in the castle and a few gardens and recreational centers with chess and other games. Moel Eilio is basically a huge garden area with most of the gardens and farms in the castle. There is a small concealed exit here for hunters to leave the castle to acquire meat. Some animals are kept and bred here too for meat and other products. Fountains and wells are here as well. Moel Cynghorion is a location with hospitals, baths, schools and libraries. Finally, Foel Gron is the market district where clothing and other commodities can be bought. Y Uwch Gynhadledd Bellennig (The Deserted Summit) is a mountain created and hidden with magic by Merlin. It contains the treasury, a temple to all the Welsh gods, a statue made of pure gold for each ruler and each Welsh god, and the catacombs, containing the Relics.

The Caer Snowdon Society: The society of Caer Snowdon is based in the castle itself. Every single staff member has a family. Through Merlin?s, Eurion?s and Girion?s recruitments and through the children of the current staff members and guards. A big family is a good family and the castle is high maintenance, with overpopulation not a problem, but under population a very real one. All art is either of the Welsh gods, the lords, or the achievements of both. The religion is mainly based of the old Welsh gods, but you have freedom of religion in Caer Snowdon, reflecting back to the time Merlin fled the city because of his religion. The birthdays of all three lords are holidays as well as religious holidays. Being wed is easy, the couple must present their case to the Grand Steward and he may approve of it or tell them to wait. A dowry must be offered to the Lord and the gods and the dowry not being satisfactory is one of the reasons a Grand Steward can possess for turning them down. This is the only form of tax they have and Caer Snowdon is considered a separate lordship that is led by the lord and the lord only.

Caer Snowdon History: In dialogue of the late Grand Steward Meridoc with our Lord Girion: ?There once was a man named Merlin. Merlin was a hermit, living in the forests of Gwynedd alone, preferring solitary life than life in the city, even though he could claim lineage to Cadwaladr. Merlin was one of the few alive who honored the traditional Welsh gods, the reason for him leaving the city. For that, Merlin was rewarded with the powers of a druid. His magic was powerful and, in thanks, he built the Stonehenge out of ancient cairn stones as a monument to the Welsh gods. He placed a spell, so to avoid attention to this monument and, by extension, him. These people would remember this as an ancient monument. For a year and a say, he stayed living in that home, using magic to make it grander and dedicating it to the Welsh gods. But a man named Merrick had heard of this power and he wanted it for himself. Merrick approached Merlin?s home and attacked Merlin, who summoned up the Relics to defend himself. Merlin destroyed Merrick and Merrick?s castle in the Range of the Awful Hand was abandoned and forgotten. Merlin turned his house into a single lily and offered it to the gods. He fled, knowing his power would lead to more unwanted attention. Merlin fled to the Snowdon Massif, and made grand stone steps leading to the Great Gates. Out of magic was Caer Snowdon formed, sprawling all over the Snowdon Massif. And in a large garden, Merlin grew lilies, like the one his house became, and called them Snowdon Lilies. He built boathouses on the lake and made the castle near impenetrable. Then he revealed it to the world, recruiting the large staff that works here today. With a castle like this, jealous people like Merrick wouldn?t stand a chance against him.? Though, in reality, Merlin snuck away to recruit the staff and hid the castle from prying eyes with his magic. If his staff knew, then they would be prone to telling the secret. Merlin had a son who he named Eurion, and taught the boy magic, for it was in his blood. Eurion became the next lord until he was murdered on May 21st, the twelve hundred and second year after the birth of Christ.

Caer Snowdon Army: Caer Snowdon?s standing army is led by the Lord of Caer Snowdon, but during a conflict, the army could be led by the Grand Warlord, the current one being Grand Warlord Caradoc. The Grand Warlord is assisted by six captains who lead ten groups of fifteen each. Each of those groups is led by a sergeant. A Grand Spy leads an unknown number of spies trained in gathering intelligence and assassinating major enemies. A medical force contains sixty healers, one for each group. Each soldier is meticulously trained by their sergeant and enlistment is voluntary. Most of the army are mounted knights, maintaining their own war horse and armor, which is mostly chainmail with plate helmets and wooden shields painted with the Red Dragon on them. Of the group of fifteen, four are archers, four are reserve forces, four are the main bulk, charging into battle first, two are scouts with fast horses and keen eyes, and finally, four are Shieldmen: warriors of Girion?s design who carry large tower shields larger than the normal shields and defend the wounded as they pull them beyond the front line to the medics. Shieldmen can also join in a fight if need demands it. Each warrior contains their shield, their longsword, a dagger and a spear, except for the archers, who carry crossbows, longbows, quarrels, and arrows. Bowmen are good aim with the giant crossbows mounted along the walls, and a large force of archers apart from the main force man the defenses along the castles, along with the flaming oil in the gatehouses. A small force of knights are also kept in the castle, just in case a few warriors get through the gates, they will be confronted by the knights while still being attacked with quarrels and arrows, along with the huge crossbows that line the walls. Girion?s personal guard is a small group of fourteen knights, like a group but led by him instead of a sergeant. All fourteen of these warriors have plate armor, strong but fast war horses, tower shields, sharpened longswords, and crossbows. They all are a good shot with crossbows, even the ballista, but also good swordsmen, on foot or mounted.

The Relics: The Relics of Caer Snowdon are located atop Y Uwch Gynhadledd Bellennig in a small room with a door hidden by magic. It is the most secure room in the most secure district in the most secure castle. The only entrance to Y Uwch Gynhadledd Bellennig is by a magic hidden door behind the throne. On the mountain, the door to the Relics is hidden so that only one of Merlin?s blood may open it. It contains the armor, mantle, crown, sword, sceptre and signet ring of Merlin, all of which are enchanted so that only one of the royal blood may wear/wield them. Y Uwch Gynhadledd Bellennig also contains a hidden room that houses Y Ddraig Goch, the Red Dragon. The Red Dragon is the symbol of Merlin and Caer Snowdon, being on the mantle and signet ring of Merlin as well as on their banners and the shields of the warriors, with the top half of the field being white to symbolize purity and the bottom half green to represent safety. The Grand Steward wears a necklace with a pendant with the Red Dragon on it. Legends say that the Red Dragon is Merlin himself but surely that is just a legend. The mantle is a full length long sleeved gold silk garment which opens in the front and is lined with red silk which is fastened with an embroidered belt with a gold buckle decorated with a triskelion. On the back is a red dragon embroidered in. The crown is made with a solid gold frame formed in a circular designed with four triskelions, four fleurs-de-lis (symbolizing the three feathers) with two crossing arches topped with a gold statue of a red dragon, with its wings stretched out to encompass people of varying ancestry to Caer Snowdon. The crown has multiple precious stones, including diamonds, rubies, and emeralds; and weighs about three and a half pounds. The sceptre is a gold rod studded with rubies on one side and diamonds on the other, leading up to a gold dragon statue facing away from the holder. The sword has a gold hilt engraved with dragons on the cross piece and one dragon on the pommel. The silver blade is engraved with the word ?Caledfwlch.? The sheath is black leather, like on the handle, and the part of the sheath where the sword goes in is embroidered with a gold silk dragon. The signet ring is a plain gold ring with an engraved dragon and two fleurs-de-lis flanking it. A small ruby acts as the dragon?s eye. The helmless armor is made of steel with sword breakers on the pauldrons. The breastplate has a gold dragon engraved in the armor. Black gloves give way to plain vambraces and rerebraces edged with gold. The greaves and thigh armor plates are edged with gold as well. The sword scabbard is attached to a plain leather belt; the belt on the mantle is meant to show off the lord?s wealth and power while the one on the armor is meant for Caledfwlch. The boots of the armor have plates edged with gold and small spikes on the bottom for walking on ice and a weapon. The armor is worn over a simple red silk tunic and under the mantle. The crown is worn in place of a helm and the signet ring is worn on the gloved finger. The sceptre is just meant to be held and as a conduit for magic as well as a symbol for authority.

Mae awdur y llyfr hwn, ein Arglwydd, wedi datgan y mae gatiau yn cau am byth ac yr ydym yn symud y Castell. Dyna ein rheswm dros rhyddhau llyfr hwn.

[deleted]
September 18, 2018
Also, I was thinking of writing something about the Teutonic Order and their war in Prussia. It would be about their struggles and war in general. Maybe the Knight could befriend an enemy and cause some lesser conflict. I did some research and looked into the conflict I want to write about. There are a few Teutonic Commanders during the conflict that the Knight could serve under. It would be historical fiction, which is a lot harder to do than historical fantasy or just fantasy, because you have to stay within the boundaries of known history. Any thoughts on either of these? I don't care if it is harse criticism, as long as it helps.
by [deleted]
September 18, 2018
Also, I was thinking of writing something about the Teutonic Order and their war in Prussia. It would be about their struggles and war in general. Maybe the Knight could befriend an enemy and cause some lesser conflict. I did some research and looked into the conflict I want to write about. There are a few Teutonic Commanders during the conflict that the Knight could serve under. It would be historical fiction, which is a lot harder to do than historical fantasy or just fantasy, because you have to stay within the boundaries of known history. Any thoughts on either of these? I don't care if it is harse criticism, as long as it helps.

[deleted]
September 18, 2018
@Hevnosinaak69 Have you thought of adding multiplayer, maybe even pvp? I know it wouldn't really make sense in the lore, but you could make a lab setting where scientists observe to see how humanity would survive against these new predators, and how competition could play a role. A good idea also is to have more maps, one thing I really hate about good games is that when everything is said and done, I have to give up, even if I like playing it, because there is no new content. You could have like an ant colony or two as some boss maps, or just part of a bigger map, you could have a bee hive or wasp nest. You could have a dlc where you ARE the bugs and have to survive and live as a bug, with one or two Diminished Humans disrupting the natural order of things. Maybe a dlc could put you into a park or a dlc fast forwarding to where some outcasts of a Diminished Society have set up camp in the wilderness and struggle to survive. Just some things off the top of my head.
by [deleted]
September 18, 2018
@Hevnosinaak69 Have you thought of adding multiplayer, maybe even pvp? I know it wouldn't really make sense in the lore, but you could make a lab setting where scientists observe to see how humanity would survive against these new predators, and how competition could play a role. A good idea also is to have more maps, one thing I really hate about good games is that when everything is said and done, I have to give up, even if I like playing it, because there is no new content. You could have like an ant colony or two as some boss maps, or just part of a bigger map, you could have a bee hive or wasp nest. You could have a dlc where you ARE the bugs and have to survive and live as a bug, with one or two Diminished Humans disrupting the natural order of things. Maybe a dlc could put you into a park or a dlc fast forwarding to where some outcasts of a Diminished Society have set up camp in the wilderness and struggle to survive. Just some things off the top of my head.

Fronlaasfrin
September 20, 2018

There are 7 maps I have planned so far: The Yard, The Basement, The Park (PvP), The Pond, The Field, The Lab, and The Wasteland. Each map adds new challenges, creatures, materials and constructs (things that you can buld). For example, The Wasteland is set in Chernobl (or somewhere heavily affected by radiation), and the creatures are mutated. There is also contaminated air and water, but there are ways to purify it, and there is contaminated versions of most materials. The Pond is mostly a water map, and therefore you need to build a raft or armor that allows you to breathe underwater. The biggest thing to watch out for (literally) is the frog, a unique creature to The Pond.

Also, like Ark with the Tek Raptors, Stegos and Rexes, there are unique versions of certain animals on certain maps. For example, butterflies have a unique version, the Monarch, which has a higher carry weight and a special platform saddle. Beetles also have a unique version, the Hercules Beetle, which has a special ability to pick up creatures and carry them. There are are only two creatures that can carry other creatures: the Hercules Beetle and the Hawk. Yes you read it right, there are birds. Only on The Park, the PvP map. The Park has the most unique versions of creatures: Monarchs, Hercules Beetles, Hawks, Birdeaters and Praying Mantises (there may be a few more unique creatures I'm not thinking of right now, but I don't think so)

There are also Queen Bees and Ants. They can only bee found at Ant Hills or Bee Hives, and they are dangerous. Not only are there typically a few bees/ants patrolling the outside of the Hive/Hill, if you attack the Hive/Hill, more bees/ants (about 5-10 more) will come out to attack you, until it gets to the Queen. If you tame a Queen, they are insane for breeding. All you need is one male of that creature twice the Queen's level (which is max. 60) and then they don't stop laying eggs until they die. However, when you breed two creatures, the female will lay about 5-10 eggs. 25% of them will be fertilized (which means they'll hatch), and the rest can be used for food (you can feed them to creatures, cook them, or eat them yourself).

There's a lot to this game, and if you ever want to know more, I'd be happy to share.

by Fronlaasfrin
September 20, 2018

There are 7 maps I have planned so far: The Yard, The Basement, The Park (PvP), The Pond, The Field, The Lab, and The Wasteland. Each map adds new challenges, creatures, materials and constructs (things that you can buld). For example, The Wasteland is set in Chernobl (or somewhere heavily affected by radiation), and the creatures are mutated. There is also contaminated air and water, but there are ways to purify it, and there is contaminated versions of most materials. The Pond is mostly a water map, and therefore you need to build a raft or armor that allows you to breathe underwater. The biggest thing to watch out for (literally) is the frog, a unique creature to The Pond.

Also, like Ark with the Tek Raptors, Stegos and Rexes, there are unique versions of certain animals on certain maps. For example, butterflies have a unique version, the Monarch, which has a higher carry weight and a special platform saddle. Beetles also have a unique version, the Hercules Beetle, which has a special ability to pick up creatures and carry them. There are are only two creatures that can carry other creatures: the Hercules Beetle and the Hawk. Yes you read it right, there are birds. Only on The Park, the PvP map. The Park has the most unique versions of creatures: Monarchs, Hercules Beetles, Hawks, Birdeaters and Praying Mantises (there may be a few more unique creatures I'm not thinking of right now, but I don't think so)

There are also Queen Bees and Ants. They can only bee found at Ant Hills or Bee Hives, and they are dangerous. Not only are there typically a few bees/ants patrolling the outside of the Hive/Hill, if you attack the Hive/Hill, more bees/ants (about 5-10 more) will come out to attack you, until it gets to the Queen. If you tame a Queen, they are insane for breeding. All you need is one male of that creature twice the Queen's level (which is max. 60) and then they don't stop laying eggs until they die. However, when you breed two creatures, the female will lay about 5-10 eggs. 25% of them will be fertilized (which means they'll hatch), and the rest can be used for food (you can feed them to creatures, cook them, or eat them yourself).

There's a lot to this game, and if you ever want to know more, I'd be happy to share.

[deleted]
September 22, 2018
Dragon Gods- Few Dragons live in the world, and all are different. They are worshipped by entire nations and wage war against one another to be superior. The Story follows high priests of each Dragon God as they war to see who is the strongest dragon.

Gods-
Four-Winged White-Grey Dragon with owl-like head
Two-headed green and purple dragon
Golden behemoth dragon
Dark grey, lightning storm causing dragon
Black, nocturnal mysterious powerful dragon
Dark brown armored strategist war dragon
Orange dragon with orange eyes and black rings of scales around the eyes
by [deleted]
September 22, 2018
Dragon Gods- Few Dragons live in the world, and all are different. They are worshipped by entire nations and wage war against one another to be superior. The Story follows high priests of each Dragon God as they war to see who is the strongest dragon.

Gods-

Four-Winged White-Grey Dragon with owl-like head

Two-headed green and purple dragon

Golden behemoth dragon

Dark grey, lightning storm causing dragon

Black, nocturnal mysterious powerful dragon

Dark brown armored strategist war dragon

Orange dragon with orange eyes and black rings of scales around the eyes

[deleted]
September 23, 2018
Also have a few races I call 'the Primordial Races.' The idea is that they evolved into other species and were the first with life on their world and that few still remain, if any. I am thinking of centering a book around them but I can't think of a plot. Without further ado, the Primordial Races:

Razabirda- Light, midnight colored exoskeleton covered in white, brown or black feathers. Huge, powerful wings and a black beak adorn them. They communicate through clicks of the tounge, whistles, and caws. Fathers of Birds.

Apibrar- Large and hairy, with arms larger than legs, indo skeleton has more dense bones. Powerful muscles ripple across the body. They communicate through grunts and yells. Fathers of Apes, Bears and Humans.

Foxipilus- A lithe, short and weak creature with red fur covering the skin. Long muzzle, hightened hearing and smell. Graceful, fast and clever. Communicate through barking. Fathers of Foxes, Wolves and Cats.

Bulramindar- A strong, and large creature with no fur whatsoever, but dark skin with bulging muscles and large horns. Communicate through roaring. Fathers of Bulls, Rams and Orcs.

Snakilirpe- Scaley creature with graceful movements that slithers on a tail instead of legs. Poisonous bite, eight arms. Communicate through hissing. Fathers of Reptiles and Spiders.

Frosharkaran- Leathery skin pulled tight over a large body. Gills line the neck, a tail protrudes from in between powerful legs. Powerful bite, long muzzle, and eyes on the sides of their heads. Communicate through echolocation. Fathers of Fish and Sharks.

Lost Race- Gold skin covers supernaturally strong muscles. Triangular ears protrude from the side of the Lost Race's head. A pure white mane runs down the back, from the top of the creature's head. Long claws grow from the fingers. Three purely green eyes see everything around the creature. Communicate through their own language, The Lost Language, a language of magic and truth. Most advanced of the Primordial Races. Fathers of None.
by [deleted]
September 23, 2018
Also have a few races I call 'the Primordial Races.' The idea is that they evolved into other species and were the first with life on their world and that few still remain, if any. I am thinking of centering a book around them but I can't think of a plot. Without further ado, the Primordial Races:

Razabirda- Light, midnight colored exoskeleton covered in white, brown or black feathers. Huge, powerful wings and a black beak adorn them. They communicate through clicks of the tounge, whistles, and caws. Fathers of Birds.

Apibrar- Large and hairy, with arms larger than legs, indo skeleton has more dense bones. Powerful muscles ripple across the body. They communicate through grunts and yells. Fathers of Apes, Bears and Humans.

Foxipilus- A lithe, short and weak creature with red fur covering the skin. Long muzzle, hightened hearing and smell. Graceful, fast and clever. Communicate through barking. Fathers of Foxes, Wolves and Cats.

Bulramindar- A strong, and large creature with no fur whatsoever, but dark skin with bulging muscles and large horns. Communicate through roaring. Fathers of Bulls, Rams and Orcs.

Snakilirpe- Scaley creature with graceful movements that slithers on a tail instead of legs. Poisonous bite, eight arms. Communicate through hissing. Fathers of Reptiles and Spiders.

Frosharkaran- Leathery skin pulled tight over a large body. Gills line the neck, a tail protrudes from in between powerful legs. Powerful bite, long muzzle, and eyes on the sides of their heads. Communicate through echolocation. Fathers of Fish and Sharks.

Lost Race- Gold skin covers supernaturally strong muscles. Triangular ears protrude from the side of the Lost Race's head. A pure white mane runs down the back, from the top of the creature's head. Long claws grow from the fingers. Three purely green eyes see everything around the creature. Communicate through their own language, The Lost Language, a language of magic and truth. Most advanced of the Primordial Races. Fathers of None.
<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.