*Dinok appears at lost prospect mine*

"It's been a long time since I've been here."

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014

*Dinok appears at lost prospect mine*

"It's been a long time since I've been here."

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

*There's two paths that lead to attempted mine veins, split by a waterfall. A desk lies right of you, along with a journal, pickaxes, and a few iron daggers.*

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

*There's two paths that lead to attempted mine veins, split by a waterfall. A desk lies right of you, along with a journal, pickaxes, and a few iron daggers.*

DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014

*Dinok picks up the journal*

"What do we have here? A mortal's work?"

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014

*Dinok picks up the journal*

"What do we have here? A mortal's work?"

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

*It reads...*

3rd of Hearthfire, 4E 200 You know, just when you think you've hit bottom, sometimes the Aedra throw you a rope. Since the rebels took over the mines in these parts, I haven't been able to find work anywhere. And along comes Bern, my old partner, with an 

SIC
 deed to some old gold mine out in the hills.

It's been too long since we did a job together- what, four years now? Nice to finally work with someone who knows the business. Sounds like the place was a steal, too.

22nd of Hearthfire, 4E 200 No one sells a mine for a song. I figured the place would be in bad shape, but not this bad- barely a glorified cave. There may have been gold here once, but we don't even have a vein to start with.

We struck out at random. Three weeks digging the lower tunnel, but nothing to show for it yet.

15th of First Seed, 4E 201 Nothing. No gold, no gems, no ore, not even any useful stone- the rocks around here crumble the moment you stack one on another. I'm ready to toss it in, but Bern wants to keep on going. "Just a little farther, Hadrir." "We're so close, Hadrir." Bah.

Bern wants me to head back to Riften for supplies next week. Might give me a chance to cool down.

29th of First Seed, 4E 201 So I come back, and- nothing. No sign of Bern. It's like he just up and left. No blood, no struggle, he just ran out on me, I suppose.

I've waited three days, and he's not coming back. I'm going to head back to Riften and see if I can find him, or find some other work there. No sense wasting any more time here.

Bern, if you find this- I expected better from you.

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

*It reads...*

3rd of Hearthfire, 4E 200 You know, just when you think you've hit bottom, sometimes the Aedra throw you a rope. Since the rebels took over the mines in these parts, I haven't been able to find work anywhere. And along comes Bern, my old partner, with an 

SIC
 deed to some old gold mine out in the hills.

It's been too long since we did a job together- what, four years now? Nice to finally work with someone who knows the business. Sounds like the place was a steal, too.

22nd of Hearthfire, 4E 200 No one sells a mine for a song. I figured the place would be in bad shape, but not this bad- barely a glorified cave. There may have been gold here once, but we don't even have a vein to start with.

We struck out at random. Three weeks digging the lower tunnel, but nothing to show for it yet.

15th of First Seed, 4E 201 Nothing. No gold, no gems, no ore, not even any useful stone- the rocks around here crumble the moment you stack one on another. I'm ready to toss it in, but Bern wants to keep on going. "Just a little farther, Hadrir." "We're so close, Hadrir." Bah.

Bern wants me to head back to Riften for supplies next week. Might give me a chance to cool down.

29th of First Seed, 4E 201 So I come back, and- nothing. No sign of Bern. It's like he just up and left. No blood, no struggle, he just ran out on me, I suppose.

I've waited three days, and he's not coming back. I'm going to head back to Riften and see if I can find him, or find some other work there. No sense wasting any more time here.

Bern, if you find this- I expected better from you.

DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014

*Dinok has a queer look across his face*

"The pain of memory, I should go on."

*Clairvoyance leads him right*

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014

*Dinok has a queer look across his face*

"The pain of memory, I should go on."

*Clairvoyance leads him right*

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

*Clairvoyance leads nowhere visible.*

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

*Clairvoyance leads nowhere visible.*

DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

*Clairvoyance leads nowhere.*

"The-? It just disappeared. Mirkrilaar, is this the right place?"

*Dinok looks troubled*

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

*Clairvoyance leads nowhere.*

"The-? It just disappeared. Mirkrilaar, is this the right place?"

*Dinok looks troubled*

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

"Geh. This is the place. I sense it...damp."

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

"Is that figurative or metaphorical?"

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

"Is that figurative or metaphorical?"

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

"Literally. There are three paths on this mine. Take the middle."

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

"Of course, the waterfall."

*Dinok walks forward slowly, very slowly..*

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

"Of course, the waterfall."

*Dinok walks forward slowly, very slowly..*

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

*You see a small opening above you on another level of rock. The level is about 20 feet of the ground.*

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

*You see a small opening above you on another level of rock. The level is about 20 feet of the ground.*

DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

*Dinok uses his teleportation powers to get up there*

"Thanks for that one, mirk"

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

*Dinok uses his teleportation powers to get up there*

"Thanks for that one, mirk"

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  73  74  75  76 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.