Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translation Suggestion Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20 > >>  

MorokeiJoor
June 4, 2019

i would like to suggest words that define affection, i.e. love, dislike, hate etc. 
~sincerely, MorokeiJoor

by MorokeiJoor
June 4, 2019

i would like to suggest words that define affection, i.e. love, dislike, hate etc. 
~sincerely, MorokeiJoor

Liis
Administrator
June 4, 2019
@MorokeiJoor,

Unfortunately, this thread isn't for creating any dragon material.
by Liis
June 4, 2019
@MorokeiJoor,

EasternLime363
June 7, 2019
I have an idea for the word for "Room" that being "Moor" if that isn't in already
by EasternLime363
June 7, 2019
I have an idea for the word for "Room" that being "Moor" if that isn't in already

Liis
Administrator
June 8, 2019
@EasternLime363,

by Liis
June 8, 2019
@EasternLime363,

[deleted]
November 22, 2019

This post has been deleted.

by [deleted]
November 22, 2019

This post has been deleted.

[deleted]
November 23, 2019

what about a translation for spell being "Pelss"

by [deleted]
November 23, 2019

what about a translation for spell being "Pelss"

Liis
Administrator
November 23, 2019
@WorldEater,

by Liis
November 23, 2019
@WorldEater,

NikkoMidzinvur
February 29, 2020
Is there an dragon word that can mean measured/judged.
by NikkoMidzinvur
February 29, 2020
Is there an dragon word that can mean measured/judged.

NikkoMidzinvur
March 4, 2020
Can Gram "cloud" also be used to mean "mist"
by NikkoMidzinvur
March 4, 2020
Can Gram "cloud" also be used to mean "mist"

Zinrahzul
March 5, 2020
@NikkoMidzinvur In the official sources where "gram" is used only as "cloud", and there are no hints that it would be used otherwise.

Now, a hypothetical isolated community might agree on a shared meaning of "cloud" as "mist", but anyone else online wouldn't translate "gram" into "mist" unless it was explained, but that defeats the purpose of using "gram" as a word-for-word replacement for mist.

Now, you might describe "morning mist" as "vu gram nau fin golt/denek/pindaar/etc." (morning cloud on the ground/soil/field/etc.), and there you have context helping you use "cloud" (gram) to describe mist.

EDIT: For your previous question, I answered that on the Question Board -- hopefully you saw that.
by Zinrahzul
March 5, 2020
@NikkoMidzinvur In the official sources where "gram" is used only as "cloud", and there are no hints that it would be used otherwise.

Now, a hypothetical isolated community might agree on a shared meaning of "cloud" as "mist", but anyone else online wouldn't translate "gram" into "mist" unless it was explained, but that defeats the purpose of using "gram" as a word-for-word replacement for mist.

Now, you might describe "morning mist" as "vu gram nau fin golt/denek/pindaar/etc." (morning cloud on the ground/soil/field/etc.), and there you have context helping you use "cloud" (gram) to describe mist.

EDIT: For your previous question, I answered that on the Question Board -- hopefully you saw that.

NikkoMidzinvur
March 5, 2020
@Zinrahzul Kogaan.
by NikkoMidzinvur
March 5, 2020
@Zinrahzul Kogaan.

Hunsediiv
March 24, 2020

I haven't been able to find a word that means draconic, like how for Daedra, it's daedric. I'd like to suggest "sedov" as the word for this, meaning "of Dragon"

by Hunsediiv
March 24, 2020

I haven't been able to find a word that means draconic, like how for Daedra, it's daedric. I'd like to suggest "sedov" as the word for this, meaning "of Dragon"

Kahvozein
March 28, 2020
@Hunsediiv : Unfortunately, this thread is only used to add translations to already existing Dragon words but not to create new words. Your translation for "draconic" is correct but as said before we can't add new words to the dictionary.
by Kahvozein
March 28, 2020
@Hunsediiv : Unfortunately, this thread is only used to add translations to already existing Dragon words but not to create new words. Your translation for "draconic" is correct but as said before we can't add new words to the dictionary.

Bonaarmiin
September 11, 2020

It wont translate stirs for me 

by Bonaarmiin
September 11, 2020

It wont translate stirs for me 

Demandro
January 27, 2021

Aedra seems like important thing in the general lore of world of Elder Scrolls, I wonder why they have no translation?

I honestly made and account to just ask that.

by Demandro
January 27, 2021

Aedra seems like important thing in the general lore of world of Elder Scrolls, I wonder why they have no translation?

I honestly made and account to just ask that.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20 > >>